10-30-2017 03:28 PM
74 123
tools
    this phone is not for you, going forward there are going to be fewer and fewer phones for you. the world is moving in a different direction then you are.
    In the world, not of the world. For those who know.
    04-10-2017 08:55 PM
    Please cancel and stop posting here killing our Buzz
    "Make someone happy with a phone call".
    …For those who know.

If I kill your buzz you'll come back down to Earth, and thank me for it. You're welcome.
    04-10-2017 08:59 PM
    Not lunacy technology. The fact that you are on this site and think you can hid from being watched by "big brother" is the true lunacy. You are watched every second of everyday. Through amazon, Google, facebook, any other smart phone. To ***** about bixby you might as well ***** about facebook, you current smartphone, etc. This is the world you live in accept it enjoy it and relax.
    Everybody knows (or should know) that there's nothing you can do about Big Brother and still have a normal first world existence. Google is reasonably transparent about data they collect, and you can disable Google Now if you want. Facebook is easy to avoid; it's full of insipid narcissists anyway.

As a longtime user of Samsung phones, I'm not happy if the only way to opt out of Samsung's new tracking is to not buy their phone.
    04-10-2017 09:01 PM
    I'm re-mapping the dedicated button ASAP. Bixby is trash, no need when you have Google assistant.
    This guy gets it.
    04-10-2017 09:16 PM
    In the world, not of the world. For those who know.
    This guy doesn't get it.
    04-10-2017 09:17 PM
    This guy doesn't get it.
    Oh they get it alright, trust me this guy gets it
    04-10-2017 09:36 PM
    Why so much hate for Bixby when no one has actually tried it out in real life yet ??!!!

My theory in trying or experimenting with something new in life is ........ I'll try it at least once ....... twice just in case I did it wrong the first time wink wink !!!!!!

Give it a shot a few days after getting your new S8s ...... never know no ????
    Love your comment. Not really. Assuming someone hasn't already tried it and is asking to disable it is arrogant..

On top of that,as someone who has tried it and hates it, I'd love to disable that ungodly annoying button. The FP sensor placement and this terrible dedicated button are the worst things ever. Every time I pull the phone out of my pocket it opens up Bixby. To make matters worse, even if the phone is locked it basically UNLOCKS the phone! People can see personally identifiable info about you just by hitting this oh so wonderful assistant's dedicated he'll button. I want it disabled. It needs to go away.
    04-20-2017 04:07 PM
    Why so much hate for Bixby when no one has actually tried it out in real life yet ??!!!

My theory in trying or experimenting with something new in life is ........ I'll try it at least once ....... twice just in case I did it wrong the first time wink wink !!!!!!

Give it a shot a few days after getting your new S8s ...... never know no ????
    In my case, it's because Bixby is just a new (and not fully mature) clone of google assistant. Google assistant will work better. But in my case, I don't even use google assistant (or google now for that matter) so Bixby is of ZERO interest to me. I'd love to disable Bixby entirely and remap the button for something more useful.
    04-20-2017 04:11 PM
    There's an app in the play Store called "custom Bixby button" it'll let you disable it completely or assign it a different role.
    plumcrazy likes this.
    04-30-2017 11:11 PM
    I disabled everything with the word Bixby in it via Package Disabler. I'm now totally Bixby free!
    exempli_gratia and plumcrazy like this.
    05-01-2017 02:14 AM
    Me too Kirk! Nothing for or against Bixby here I just hate the danged button going off every time I touch the phone.
    Package Disabler Pro is great.
    05-01-2017 09:19 AM
    the jury is still out on bixby (the thing has not even been fully turned on) but to be honest i have never hit that button by mistake. Not sure why so many folks are triggering it by accident.
    05-01-2017 09:35 AM
    I disabled everything with the word Bixby in it via Package Disabler. I'm now totally Bixby free!
    Cool idea.

Is root or dangerous permissions needed?

Is Bixby button fully disabled then?

Any place else those packages used?
    05-01-2017 09:46 AM
    Cool idea.

Is root or dangerous permissions needed?

Is Bixby button fully disabled then?

Any place else those packages used?
    No root or permissions needed. Yes, it completely disables the Bixby Button and can also get rid of the Camera Bixby function. You can easily turn everything back on.
    exempli_gratia and hdhuntr like this.
    05-01-2017 12:15 PM
    I just want to turn off bixby
    ... It's annoying pop up for set up is a pain in the butt
    05-06-2017 01:27 PM
    Need to remap that button to Cortana :-D
    05-06-2017 01:49 PM
    Yeah or uninstall Cortana
    05-06-2017 04:24 PM
    Because many of us won't use it. Why would I want a dedicated button for something I'll NEVER use and may fire off when I don't want it to? I don't need Bixby on top of Google Assistant.
    05-10-2017 12:50 PM
    Because many of us won't use it. Why would I want a dedicated button for something I'll NEVER use and may fire off when I don't want it to? I don't need Bixby on top of Google Assistant.
    It's designed for Samsung's benefit, you're just the customer.
    05-12-2017 08:29 PM
    Because its intrusive as F! Too many times im watchin a,video from FB and go to adust tbe volume and Bixpy takes over. I swipe back out and my video/page is gone. I alhave never owned anything but Android. Bixby is soooooo irritating that if is is not removed or changed i will be an Iphone user on my next run. Bixby makes me HATE my 8+
    09-06-2017 07:36 PM
    Because its intrusive as F! Too many times im watchin a,video from FB and go to adust tbe volume and Bixpy takes over. I swipe back out and my video/page is gone. I alhave never owned anything but Android. Bixby is soooooo irritating that if is is not removed or changed i will be an Iphone user on my next run. Bixby makes me HATE my 8+
    I know how you feel. I'm seriously looking at the V30 or other phone to leave this S8 behind. I love the S8 but Bixby kills that to the point that I'm going to leave Samsung. I would not care if we could turn Bixby off and remap the button but having it forced on me is a no go, and to the point of leaving years of being a Samsung owner behind.
    09-06-2017 09:09 PM
    Break out the tinfoil hat and quit taking nudes then.. like your photos and other information isn't already being monitored by Google Facebook, apps, wireless network providers and so on.
    Oh, well that's alright then. "We're already living in a total surveillance society beyond Orwell's worst nightmares, so your paranoid fears about Big Brother are ridiculous, you nutter."

I'm hoping that this is satire and I just missed the sarcastic tone, because otherwise *you* are mentally ill, and frighteningly so. Please don't mistake that for an insult - I mean it in all sincerity (and sincere horror). The twisted, self-contradictory "logic" that you just displayed is not the product of a sane, healthy mind.
    10-25-2017 03:31 PM
    Samsung responded and made it easy to turn off.

Still can't remap button, shame.

I won't use Google Assistant and too often a swipe or tap has inadvertently brought up setup screen for GA.
    10-25-2017 03:47 PM
    Samsung responded and made it easy to turn off.

Still can't remap button, shame.

I won't use Google Assistant and too often a swipe or tap has inadvertently brought up setup screen for GA.
    Yes, you can remap the bixby button. I have been using an app called bx actions for a while and it works flawlessly. Look it up on the play store.
    10-30-2017 03:28 PM
74 123