Disable Bixby?

jasonandrews25788

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
guys you should try it first, Don't prejudge.
I know you don't trust samsung bloatware (me too, didn't even use one of them ever :D ) but let's be fair one more time :D.
otherwise I think samsung always tries to reinvent the wheel following up what has already been done without providing any new features.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
maybe i do not understand what Bixby does vs GA. From what i have seen their focus is different, one does not necessarily replace the other.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't mind using Bixby instead of Google now but I don't want both running at the same time. My concern is how much battery life will both of them drain. It's one or the other for me.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
All these bixby haters. Haven't even tried it yet but know all about it. Gimme a break. Samsung is just giving their buyers options. Don't like it? Don't use it!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I had a talk with a Samsung employee (got to try both phones, one word: Awesome) and he told me that the Bixby button will be customizable through an update.
"will be____through a future update". I can't tell you how many times I have heard those words only to find said update never arrives. I must admit it is usually when a phone has a lousy snapshot camera (like my v20) that you hear it will be fixed in an update. It won't be.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Wow. The S8 hasn't started shipping yet and Bixby's has not even been given a chance. It was a big risk for Samsung.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Don't use it? From Samsung's own web page:

"Bixby Talks: Bixby knows your phone’s apps and how to use them."
"Bixby sees: Bixby lives inside your Camera, Gallery and Internet to give you a deeper understanding of what you’re looking at"
"Bixby learns your routine, so you’ll always have the right content ready when you need it. From your recent messages and upcoming events, to your next Uber ride and daily news—Bixby pulls the most important information from different apps"
How exactly do you not use it? Please explain…

Cellphone Fiend

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
Currently there is no way to disable Bixby from spying through your camera and eavesdropping. I went to Settings --> Applications --> Bixby, and found the "DISABLE" button is grayed out. The only thing I could do was "FORCE STOP" but Bixby would restart in a few seconds. If you remap the Bixby button to launch a different app Bixby still runs in the background regardless and will launch if you swipe to the right. Also note that Bixby is running in addition to Google, so now you have 2 Assistant running. I cancelled my pre-order of S8+ and will wait to see what’s up with the Note8 later this year and if they offer the option to disable Bixby.