Ive always been a fan of the hardware navigation buttons instead of software. The reason is simple: most manufacturers, Google included, did not justify the use of precious screen real estate with the software buttons. When Google first announce the on-screen buttons, they touted about customizability, and about how hardware buttons never change according to what the user wants. Well, years later, we still don't really have customization options for on-screen buttons, or the bar itself.

Looks like Samsung is changing that. On in-store demos, you can not only change the order the software buttons (back-home-recents or recents-home-back), but you can also change the color of the background of the navigation bar to any color you want. It is not limited to white/black like other manufacturers have done, but this has an entire color wheel where the user can choose the background color of the bar.

It seems; however, that this is not Omni-present....depends on where the software is at. It is a good step forward though, as on-screen navigation should absolutely be customizable without ROMs and roots.

All they need to add is the option to change the color of the buttons and that would be a set deal.

P.S. I also really like the new robotic look of the navigation buttons as well as the icon pack that Samsung uses. I think it looks cool and matches the overall feel of the phone.
    DWS44 likes this.
    04-01-2017 05:16 PM
    We need to be able to hide the Navigation Bar. After 2 years of use on all phones my S2, Note 2 and Note had/have Screen Burn-in.
    04-01-2017 06:58 PM
    We need to be able to hide the Navigation Bar. After 2 years of use on all phones my S2, Note 2 and Note had/have Screen Burn-in.
    Aren't you referring to the notification bar? I have a Note 2 and the notification bar is burned in pretty badly.
    04-01-2017 07:13 PM
    Aren't you referring to the notification bar? I have a Note 2 and the notification bar is burned in pretty badly.
    Yes correct I mean this, notification bar. I use Opera Mini browser as it's the only browser I have found thus far that browses full screen in portrait mode.
    1812dave likes this.
    04-01-2017 07:27 PM