Anyone else feel the Galaxy S8 is too small to hold?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
After holding both, the S8 is just too small to hold. It feels like hold the Galaxy S7 although I know its bigger. Maybe because I'm used to bigger phones, the S8+ feels more perfect

Anyone else feel this way?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes and I cancelled my preorder because of it. The s8 plus though...that's a great fit in the hand

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Funny bc I am the opposite. I am left handed so I have to reach up and across for the fingerprint sensor, and on the S8+ it was a little awkward. But the S8 was the perfect distance for me, and I am coming from a S7 Edge.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Pictures don't tell the whole story cause they look about the same. But when you hold it in your hand, it's definitely smaller.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The width of the S8 screen is the same as a 5.3" phone if it were 16:9. That's why it feels small. Don't let the diagonal size fool you. The S8+ is the same width as a 5.6" 16:9 screen, which makes it closer to the S7 Edge.

I assume the Note 8 will have a 6.5" screen, which is as wide as a 5.8" 16:9 screen.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
After having spent several years with a Note 2, I much prefer the size of my S7 and I like the size of the S8 which I have held at Best Buy. Not too keen on the overly tall and larger 8 +

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It's funny how large of phones we get used to. I remember when I never wanted anything larger than my Blackberry Pearl. Lol.

BB-Pearl-9100-2.jpg

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
After holding both, the S8 is just too small to hold. It feels like hold the Galaxy S7 although I know its bigger. Maybe because I'm used to bigger phones, the S8+ feels more perfect

Anyone else feel this way?

Yes. But this is how it should be. There needs to be a version for people who want a smaller phone like the S7, but with the added purpose of a larger screen.

I think it's perfectly sized.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
The width of the S8 screen is the same as a 5.3" phone if it were 16:9. That's why it feels small. Don't let the diagonal size fool you. The S8+ is the same width as a 5.6" 16:9 screen, which makes it closer to the S7 Edge.

I assume the Note 8 will have a 6.5" screen, which is as wide as a 5.8" 16:9 screen.

I had opened a thread about this very thing talking about total screen surface area, I think the total area is larger than that of a 5.3 inch screen though but I don't have the exact figure

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The total area is clearly larger, as the screen is much taller. But the width of the screen is almost exactly the same size.

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
It's incredible that a 5.8 inch phone is considered too "small" these days...up until a few months ago, people using their tablets for taking pictures were mocked at. In a few months, that may become the norm.. And yeah I do know that without the bezels, this phone is much smaller than the screen size suggests, but still..this is a big phone..

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
S8 is def too small....for me at least. Perfect for those who want a smaller form factor....and battery.....choose wisely!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It's incredible that a 5.8 inch phone is considered too "small" these days...up until a few months ago, people using their tablets for taking pictures were mocked at. In a few months, that may become the norm.. And yeah I do know that without the bezels, this phone is much smaller than the screen size suggests, but still..this is a big phone..
What are talking about, I still laugh at people waking around taking pictures with a iPad or large tablet. LOL