I am curious. What is the general consensus on Bixby? Anticipation or disinterest? High expectations or low?
    04-02-2017 06:57 AM
    I'd probably take a look at it, then figure out how to disable or at least suppress it.
    04-02-2017 07:40 AM
    Low expectations, and that is not even taking into account that most reviewers initial impressions are that it is weak. I don't understand it, Samsung has actually done a great job with touchwiz (can't believe I am actually typing that) always on display is great, and some of the other new features like Dex look cool as well. These are the sorts of software that Samsung can use to provide added value.

Bixby, and taking on google now/ google assistant is incredibly ambitious. I don't want Samsung doing this for me, I don't want to get tied into their smaller ecosystem. It is an enormous commitment and something which google is already doing an amazing job of providing. If think about everything google now does, with desktop browser integration, maps integration, gmail integration it is just too much for Samsung to be trying to do. I really wish they would spend their energy in other places. We don't need another s voice on steroids.
    bhatech likes this.
    04-02-2017 10:10 AM
    I'm interested, I don't normally use ai for anything currently but I'm definitely going to give it a go and try and use it for a few weeks before making a judgement.

I think its going to be one or those things that divides people, some will love it and some will hate it.
    04-02-2017 10:15 AM
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...3&share_type=b
    Get the Galaxy S8’s Bixby Assistant on any Samsung Phone running Android Nougat Right Now
    04-02-2017 10:14 PM
    From every video of watched they're stating bixby won't be fully active until launch. I don't think we can truly judge it based on what we've seen thus far. Im hesitant, but optimistic.
    04-02-2017 10:32 PM
    For me, Bixby's home looks like it'll be better than Flipboard so may actually give me a reason to enable that.
    04-03-2017 01:46 AM
    I agree to somewhat of a degree. I always felt like Samsung dies these things to try to be somewhat independent of Google. I think they fear Google eventually keeping new features to themselves. Which some rumors suggest may be true regarding the Pixel. I think that being reliant on Google and Android has always been a concern for Samsung. So they try to do their own thing with their own services. Which some see as attempts at competing with Google with duplicate services and apps. But in reality it is what any smart corporation should be considering. Now what I usually have issue with is the implementation and functionality, not the idea.
    athenatp and SultanJazz like this.
    04-03-2017 11:44 AM
    From every video of watched they're stating bixby won't be fully active until launch. I don't think we can truly judge it based on what we've seen thus far. Im hesitant, but optimistic.
    Just looking for opinion and expectations not necessarily a judgment.
    04-03-2017 11:45 AM
    Uninterested. I just cannot get into the whole virtual assistant thing. I had a Google Home and although cool, I ended up taking it back a few days later because I was just going to collect dust. I never used Siri, other than to have a bit of fun with it. Same with google now. I'll probably mess with it a bit but I really doubt it's going to change my attitude
    04-03-2017 01:19 PM
    My apologies if it came off as judgemental. Wasn't intended to be.
    04-03-2017 02:45 PM
    My apologies if it came off as judgemental. Wasn't intended to be.
    No. Not at all friend. This is a discussion. No judgement here. At least not from me.
    04-04-2017 06:39 PM
    Perfectly said here in the first half of this video.

04-05-2017 06:04 PM
    Looking forward to it.
    04-05-2017 10:37 PM