Do you think the s8 is worth the upgrade from the s7?

Do you think the upgrade from the s7 to the s8 is worth it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been pondering​ that same question. As of now, I don't see any substantial benefit for me to upgrade from my S7. So far, my Su has been working great with excellent battery life, no lagging, and great camera. I considered upgrading to the LG G6, but for the same reasons as the S8 I don't feel the need to upgrade now. Just my 2 cents...

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
No increase in battery life, no improvement to the rear facing camera, bad placement of the fingerprint scanner, will I upgrade? hell no the S7 size is better (for me at least), it's the max size I would like for a phone in addition, this is not an upgrade, just like an S7 with minor changes and a huge price bump. Major fail

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Not if you have an S7 Edge. Probably yes if you have an S7 because of the screen size. Probably the only good reason is bigger screen and slimmer form factor.

jma78b

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I have an S7 and I'm going for the S8. Reason is it's 64gb and I like the face and iris recognition. Plus it's a lot slimmer in my little hands. The S7 was wide. Also it's a darned good looking phone!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
In all honesty, its not really a major upgrade but it is an upgrade....better camera, faster phone, better screen....I have the S7 Edge and I am upgrading because of the screen size

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand the comments about the large size when the S8 is actually a little smaller than the S7, which the S8+ is about half an inch taller than the S7e but about the same width. I have the S7e and memory is a big issue with me. 32GB doesn't do it so that alone is enough to make me want to move on. Also, I don't know what it is with my phone but my camera is so laggy it drives me nuts. I had the Note 7, and returned to my S7e. I will move to the S8+ and when the Note8 comes outs, maybe I'll move again. :)

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Not if you have an S7 Edge. Probably yes if you have an S7 because of the screen size. Probably the only good reason is bigger screen and slimmer form factor.

Are you kidding me?

835 processor, 64gb of storage out of the box. 8mp front facing camera. More refined edge for better in hand feel. Absolutely insane, bezel less screen. Bixby.

This phone is stacked!

Only real downside for me is the battery.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
My only question mark about the S8 is battery life.

5.8" @ 3,000mAh
6.2" @ 3,500mAh

Aren't terribly comforting. But I'll see what the reviews say about battery. Maybe Samsung have made these phones extremely efficient.

If I had an S7 or S7 Edge, I'd consider passing on the S8. Nothing wrong with the S7/S7E - still both good phones and aside from the screen of the S8, there isn't enough for me to justify the upgrade.

msi81

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately not many features were added to the S8+, let's say other "Chinese brands" have alread 2K screen, the battery could be better/larger. Time will tell.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It is an iterative upgrade... But u figure upgrading is cheaper than not upgrading because the s8 is$250 with 2 year commitment and if i don't upgrade then Verizon will charge me $480 more over 2 years since i have legacy UDP.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm