View Poll Results: How would you spend the initial $100 payment?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neither, don't have or want to spend for either.

0 0%
  • $100 goes to the memory card/headphone bundle for the S8

9 47.37%
  • $100 goes to the additional size and battery of the S8+

3 15.79%
  • I'm going to suck it up and get both for $200

7 36.84%
  • I'm not yet decided

0 0%
    One of the beauties about JUMP! on Demand on T-Mobile is the ability to "upgrade" up to three times in a single year, or choose to keep your device after the initial 18-month lease is up by either paying the balance in full or spreading it over up to an additional 9 months, all without interest. To me, that's better than any straight 24-month Equipment Installment Plan (EIP) financing, because you don't have to worry about trying to sell it off if and when a newer, better smartphone comes out.

Of course, the only downside is dealing with an initial payment, which is a given on a smartphone that has a larger size or memory capacity option. That initial payment is "lost" if you decide to JUMP.

So, if you only wanted to spend no more than $100 (not including tax) on an initial payment, would you rather spend it on the $99 bundle that includes the 256GB MicroSD card and AKG Bluetooth headphones, or would you get the larger S8+?
    04-02-2017 01:32 PM
    Me personally the S8+ feels better in the hand than the S8, which feels too small to me, so I'g get the S8+
    04-02-2017 01:41 PM
    After playing with both the S8 and S8 Plus at the wireless kiosk at Costco, I really starting to like the Plus' size. Still trying to justify spending the additional $100 for it, and knowing I'll have to charge another $100 for the bundle, then wait up to 8 weeks for it is another thing to consider.
    04-02-2017 11:49 PM
    I went with the S8 and Memory Card/Headphone bundle.
    I'm 6'2" with decent sized hands, but reaching the fingerprint sensor on the S8+ was awkward and required a lot of stretching to reach it. If it weren't for the fingerprint sensor location, I would have totally gone with the S8+
    04-03-2017 10:35 AM
    bought the S8+ and spent the $99 on the bundle, will sell all items in the bundle expect for the SD card. bought through samsung so i hope the bundle comes same time as the phone.
    04-03-2017 10:58 AM
    So, if you only wanted to spend no more than $100 (not including tax) on an initial payment, would you rather spend it on the $99 bundle that includes the 256GB MicroSD card and AKG Bluetooth headphones, or would you get the larger S8+?
    For me, I would definitely pick up the 256gb MicroSD card with the speaker I love taking photos and videos. So the extra storage would definitely come in handy.

The Galaxy S8 + doesn't add any new features so that's why I don't think it would be worth the extra $100. A 5.8" inch screen is already plenty big for me
    04-03-2017 11:05 AM
    I purchased the $99 bundle as well from Samsung.com with my pre-order. I do hope the bundle comes with the phone. Any word on this? the bundle shows up in my pre-order list as a separate item from the phone, but who knows if this will just be the "access" to get it from a promotions website.
    04-03-2017 11:27 AM
    I purchased the $99 bundle as well from Samsung.com with my pre-order. I do hope the bundle comes with the phone. Any word on this? the bundle shows up in my pre-order list as a separate item from the phone, but who knows if this will just be the "access" to get it from a promotions website.
    Will the nice thing about ordering it all from Samsung.com is you are already registered for the VR and one of the first to buy the upgraded bundle. I think it's up in the air if they ship with the phones.

I hope they do as that will allow me to sell them at a higher price because the market won't be flooded with them.
    04-03-2017 11:53 AM
    Will the nice thing about ordering it all from Samsung.com is you are already registered for the VR and one of the first to buy the upgraded bundle. I think it's up in the air if they ship with the phones.

I hope they do as that will allow me to sell them at a higher price because the market won't be flooded with them.
    FWIW, I just chatted with a Samsung support rep about my order, and he said that the immersive bundle will ship with the phone. I'm taking it with a grain of salt but very hopeful it'll come with the phone.

Co.Ag.2005: thanks for the link. do you have any idea when these will begin to ship out? any info would be great!
    Tarun V: I appreciate it.
    Tarun V: If you feel I have done whatever I could in assisting you, you can give me feedback by clicking the round blue X button in top right corner of the chat window. Your feedback is much appreciated. Have a good day.
    Tarun V: April 21st.
    Co.Ag.2005: quick question, will the immersion bundle come with the phone? or will i have to order that from samsung promotions after I receive the phone?
    Co.Ag.2005: i paid for it when I preordered
    Tarun V: You will receive it along with the phone.
    Co.Ag.2005: perfect, thanks Tarun V. have a great day!
    04-11-2017 09:47 AM
    Co.Ag.2005: thanks for the link. do you have any idea when these will begin to ship out? any info would be great!
    Well I sure hope they START shipping before the 21st. Sounds like a canned answer. 21st = release day, any questions regarding timeframes, answer = 21st.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    04-11-2017 10:38 AM

I ordered from Samsung. The way the checkout page looked it seemed everything would ship together. Maybe not but that's the impression I got.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    04-11-2017 10:41 AM
    FWIW, I just chatted with a Samsung support rep about my order, and he said that the immersive bundle will ship with the phone. I'm taking it with a grain of salt but very hopeful it'll come with the phone.

Tarun V: I appreciate it.
    Tarun V: If you feel I have done whatever I could in assisting you, you can give me feedback by clicking the round blue X button in top right corner of the chat window. Your feedback is much appreciated. Have a good day.
    Co.Ag.2005: quick question, will the immersion bundle come with the phone? or will i have to order that from samsung promotions after I receive the phone?
    Co.Ag.2005: i paid for it when I preordered
    Tarun V: You will receive it along with the phone.
    Co.Ag.2005: perfect, thanks Tarun V. have a great day!
    I thought if you ordered from Samsung it was supposed to be delivered by the 20th. Isn't that what it says on their website?
    04-11-2017 10:43 AM
    I went with the plus myself. But I don't need any memory cards as I already have two 256 GB cards. So for me it was a non decision.
    04-11-2017 10:48 AM
    I ordered from Samsung. The way the checkout page looked it seemed everything would ship together. Maybe not but that's the impression I got.
    That's the way the order looks on mine as well but we'll see. If it ships together that will be great to get the promo stuff early before the resale market is flooded. Bring higher prices. The only thing I might keep is the SD card but I'll have to gauge what I can get for it.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    04-11-2017 11:09 AM
    I thought if you ordered from Samsung it was supposed to be delivered by the 20th. Isn't that what it says on their website?
    I think so. I think he was just saying 21st since it was release day. I feel like all reps, regardless of company, aren't budging on any "inside information". they just say 21st as a "CYA". I hope I get it sooner, but if not, oh well.
    04-11-2017 11:17 AM
    I think so. I think he was just saying 21st since it was release day. I feel like all reps, regardless of company, aren't budging on any "inside information". they just say 21st as a "CYA". I hope I get it sooner, but if not, oh well.
    04-11-2017 11:17 AM
    I think that you would get more bang for your buck with the bundle. The sd card alone is more than $100. The S8+ is basically just a bigger S8.
    04-11-2017 01:53 PM