Anyone coming from a N7 and S7edge?

Blackhwk77

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I really liked the edge on the N7 but wasn't so hot on the degree of edge on the S7. It looks like the S8 will be similar to the S7. Anyone else on on the fence about this? I've had my upgrade available since Sept of last year and I am getting an itchy trigger finger. The S8 does look like a great phone.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Went to go hold the S8+ in a best buy (because i'm inpatient to get mine!) and the curvature of the edge is much closer to the N7 than the S7E. I'm happy to be getting the more subtle edge than i have on my S7E.

Blackhwk77

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the info, I wish I knew what they were going to put in N8. Hardware wise the N7 wasn't really better hardware wise than the S7 so that will likely not change this year either. I rarely used the s-pen so I guess it's an easy decision.

Neutrality

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I don't think you'll find a better phone to upgrade. Not at least till the pixel 2 comes out at the end of this year. The note 8 will be absolutely amazing though. The pressure is on when it comes to reconstructing the Note brand.

But I think the S8 is a good enough step to take. It will keep you happy for at least two years as more manufacturers catch up to the hardware innovation Samsung is come forward with.

Lundon44

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm coming from a Note 7 and now the S7 Edge. Also got to play with an S8+ at my local Wireless Wave store. Coming from a history of larger phones (including the 6" Lumia 1520 yrs ago) my immediate thoughts were how overrated the size of the S8+ is. After holding I wasn't thinking "Wow! This phone is huge!". In fact, it was more like "That's it?". Keep in mind it's approximately the same size as holding an iPhone 7+. That phone is large, but mostly bezel. So this phone seemed very easy to hold and navigate.

And yes, the side curves weren't as drastic as my S7 Edge. It's quite a beautiful looking phone.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info, I wish I knew what they were going to put in N8. Hardware wise the N7 wasn't really better hardware wise than the S7 so that will likely not change this year either. I rarely used the s-pen so I guess it's an easy decision.

General guess are the dual camera and on screen fingerprint sensor. These would make the Note 8 an incredible device

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
In wondering if it'll have the issue my 7edge has. Almost daily my 7edge would randomly call people ive recently texted and I have to hang up. I also have a V20 and it has never done this and is also much smoother. I'm wondering if the S8Plus will have the same little glitchy thing where it likes to call recent texts. My note 5 and note 4 did that too.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
In wondering if it'll have the issue my 7edge has. Almost daily my 7edge would randomly call people ive recently texted and I have to hang up. I also have a V20 and it has never done this and is also much smoother. I'm wondering if the S8Plus will have the same little glitchy thing where it likes to call recent texts. My note 5 and note 4 did that too.

It will not have that issue. it seems like the actions of your 7edge is clearly a call for help.

I say it will not have that issue based on my exp with the Note 7

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I had the N7 and now have the 7 edge. I am going with the S8 +.

Reason I'm going with the plus is it is like the N7 on the edges and they brought the edge app that I used on the n7, the one where you can just draw a box around a paragraph in a web article and paste it in a text. That's all I ever used my S pen for on the note series, so looks like maybe the n7 ordeal converted me to the S series..the S7 edge and S8 are big improvements over the S6 edge, I returned that phone.

I can see the fingerprint sensor either the whole screen deal or the sensor itself is moved on the back on the note 8, that will probably be the biggest improvement for me. Bigger screen won't bother me, and if it's foldable, not interested in that either.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes. Note 7 twice, currently hsve 7edge and LgV20

I read your post and said to myself, "I don't remember posting that"! I did exactly the same thing and have the exact same phones. I'm not happy with either on certain things. I like the LG size and and dislike the Edge because it is too small for me. I ordered the S8+ but wondering if I should hold out for the Note 8 that we know little about at this time and 6 months or longer is too long for me so I made a choice to order and I truly hope it meets my expectations!

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Mine used to do this and then I realized I had the direct call feature on and about half the time after texting someone, I would put it in my pocket and the phone thought I put it up to my cheek, so it would call.

That was awkward when I texted a woman never to contact me again and then called her 20 seconds later. :/

Anyway, you may want to check the Direct Call feature. You probably already have but maybe it is the culprit because outside of that, neither of my S7Es butt dialed.

anon(62000)

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Thinking about it. Had a Note 7 (currently using S7 edge) and have been patiently waiting for the Note 8, but I must admit I'm getting antsy.... lol

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Interesting! The only thing I don't like on the V20: no Samsung Pay. 7Edge: wasn't my choice I settled because of the Note 7 fun

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I think the S8 edge is closer to the N7's edge. I miss my Note 7 dearly and although I like this S7E, I would give it up in a heartbeat. I was really hoping to be able to swap it for the S8+ because of the whole Note 7 debacle, but no word from Samsung yet. My Note 7 was my birthday gift last year and I had to get rid of it, so I think its only fair they hook us Note line followers up (I've had all 6 of the Note line phones).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21