04-11-2017 12:55 PM
54 123
tools
    finally my nephew took me there in my wheelchair, and seen that the display is stunning, and yes slimmer than my s7edge, and not wide as note 7.demos dont always have all software or hardware fully developed, and im hoping when we get them, that any burps or bugs will be corrected. demos limit many things. i will say, the camera, oh my, is as good or better than my old note 7.speed is better than s7edge and display is not radically curved as s7edges screen. thats a good thing.i paid, and ordered 6 days ago. lets all hope more see less flaws or more pluses and the bashgate on samsung will stop. THEN WE WILL SEE THE BATTLES BEGIN IN SPEEDTESTS AND BENCHMARKS, to put an end to those knocking it already. the buttons were slightly slimmer too than the s7edge.but that means less travel on pressing them.

its definitely all display.once encased and home, and adjusting, im sure it will show its glory.looking forward to apps behaving better too. and hope we rise to the next update on nougat. dont get me started.
    04-04-2017 04:24 PM
    LOL best title ever.
    Aquila, EMGSM and mundo472 like this.
    04-04-2017 05:02 PM
    finally my nephew took me there in my wheelchair, and seen that the display is stunning, and yes slimmer than my s7edge, and not wide as note 7.demos dont always have all software or hardware fully developed, and im hoping when we get them, that any burps or bugs will be corrected. demos limit many things. i will say, the camera, oh my, is as good or better than my old note 7.speed is better than s7edge and display is not radically curved as s7edges screen. thats a good thing.i paid, and ordered 6 days ago. lets all hope more see less flaws or more pluses and the bashgate on samsung will stop. THEN WE WILL SEE THE BATTLES BEGIN IN SPEEDTESTS AND BENCHMARKS, to put an end to those knocking it already. the buttons were slightly slimmer too than the s7edge.but that means less travel on pressing them.

its definitely all display.once encased and home, and adjusting, im sure it will show its glory.looking forward to apps behaving better too. and hope we rise to the next update on nougat. dont get me started.
    Benchmarks will be nice due to the nice new soc -- speedtest will depend what carrier, network congestion / load, etc. etc.
    04-04-2017 05:09 PM
    It's the S8 for me. I haven't had a Samsung phone as my daily driver since the S5. My wife has had the S6 and S7 edge, and she has loved both. The cameras have been awesome and she really hasn't had any serious issues. I've been on an iPhone since December of 2015 and it looks like an outdated POS compared to the S8. I just tried to rearrange my icons and I realized how incredibly outdated and stale iOS is. I'm probably going to pre-order from Sam's Club because I can get a $150 gift card that I'll use for groceries or put it towards a swing set the Mrs. wants to get for the kids.
    My iPhone 7+ was the best in many aspects but as stated the iOS kills it
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    04-04-2017 05:24 PM
    My iPhone 7+ was the best in many aspects but as stated the iOS kills it
    Yeah. My 6s Plus has been overall a really good phone. But the OS itself is terrible. It's so outdated. I'm excited to get back to something with a little more involvement and control from the user.
    04-04-2017 05:38 PM
    Heh yeah looking forward for untits to make it to Australia so I can check it out.

Aesthetically I think it's one of the best designed phones out there. Still my heart goes to the HTC One M7 as the best designed phone ever, but this is really good too.
    04-04-2017 05:41 PM
    LOL best title ever.
    This x2.
    mundo472 likes this.
    04-04-2017 05:53 PM
    I just left BB and man this phone is amazing. It feels and looks totally awesome. I wasn't sure if I was gonna jump up from my S7E but the orchid gray S8 is the one for me
    04-04-2017 07:50 PM
    I just left BB and man this phone is amazing. It feels and looks totally awesome. I wasn't sure if I was gonna jump up from my S7E but the orchid gray S8 is the one for me
    The title of this post did warn you not to hold one lol
    TheDonJ77 and Aquila like this.
    04-04-2017 08:48 PM
    It did, the S8 has claimed yet another victim
    Aquila and EMGSM like this.
    04-04-2017 09:00 PM

Lol :P.
    Aquila likes this.
    04-04-2017 09:09 PM
    Nice. It's like getting two phones. When the right light hits it you get that great color shift.
    I'm married to the murdered-out model, though. Last year's black did not appeal but this one crushed it. (Reminded me of the feeling I got when I had the BlackBerry Z10. All 2001:A Space Odyssey)
    Attached Thumbnails whatever you do, DON'T put one in your hands-322774.jpg  
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    04-05-2017 05:07 AM
    Very true tittle. I was on the fence until I held it. Already pre-ordered it in Orchid Gray Going from a reasonably reliable S5
    04-05-2017 10:33 AM
    Very true tittle. I was on the fence until I held it. Already pre-ordered it in Orchid Gray Going from a reasonably reliable S5
    Not much to think about coming from S5. S7 edge is a whole different story.
    AustinTech likes this.
    04-05-2017 06:20 PM
    I've held 8 of them and still haven't preordered. The pink hue I've seen on every phone I've demoed is a big turn off.
    04-08-2017 12:13 AM
    I've held 8 of them and still haven't preordered. The pink hue I've seen on every phone I've demoed is a big turn off.
    Personally, I like a pinkish hue.
    mundo472 and TechNut79 like this.
    04-08-2017 07:27 AM
    There always seems to be some hue on AMOLED panels. At least all of the ones I've used. Luckily it's easy to do some minor adjustments to help suit what you like.
    04-08-2017 08:40 AM
    swarlos likes this.
    04-08-2017 08:56 AM
    There always seems to be some hue on AMOLED panels. At least all of the ones I've used. Luckily it's easy to do some minor adjustments to help suit what you like.
    You shouldn't have to do any adjustments.
    04-08-2017 12:21 PM
    You shouldn't have to do any adjustments.
    Why not? You can actually adjust it to how you prefer. Because not everyone is one flavor. And the suppliers for the Apple screens are going to be Samsung. Do you think they're selling Apple their very best and giving themselves second rate?
    04-08-2017 12:22 PM
    Why not? You can actually adjust it to how you prefer. Because not everyone is one flavor. And the suppliers for the Apple screens are going to be Samsung. Do you think they're selling Apple their very best and giving themselves second rate?
    Ok that's fine but what I'm saying is why should I have to make any adjustments to a screen to fix something I shouldn't have even need to be fixing. You're spending a ton of money on this phone for it to have this issue.
    04-08-2017 12:30 PM
    Ok that's fine but what I'm saying is why should I have to make any adjustments to a screen to fix something I shouldn't have even need to be fixing. You're spending a ton of money on this phone for it to have this issue.
    I like that you have the ability. I don't think any phone that I've seen has a perfect screen. Not even the $969 iPhone 7 Plus. Mine had some light bleed and a yellowish tint. And there was no setting to make that go away. It's still a good screen. But far from perfect.
    04-08-2017 01:17 PM
    Got to check the S8 and S8+ side by side against an LG G6. Samsung wins again.
    Soggly likes this.
    04-08-2017 08:34 PM
    Got to check the S8 and S8+ side by side against an LG G6. Samsung wins again.
    In Samsung's headquarters somewhere in Korea ???

Soggly likes this.
    04-08-2017 09:39 PM
    Because its nice so customize things. Man some people just loved being mad about something.
    04-09-2017 02:10 AM
54 123