04-11-2017 12:55 PM
54 123
tools
    I just came out of Best Buy after playing with the s8 and +. Put it side by side with my s7e silver which I've loved. The 8 is a little slimmer and may be a hair shorter but the screen is significantly larger. The murdered-out black is perfect. The virtual home key haptic feels clicky...it goes, "ca-chink" . The fingerprint scanner is awkward but I think I'd get used to it (or I might use it as often as I do on my s7e, which is one in ten times I pick it up. The width reduction makes it feel better in-hande. The s8+ doesn't feel that much larger (what wizardry is this??!) and is the same width as the s7e. Definitely harder to reach the fingerprint but I'm not sure I would use it. Camera starts quicker than the s7e when started from the icon. I would miss the double click on the home key start but the power key may suffice. I think I'd prefer the smaller one and the only thing holding me back is the concern about battery life. I'll hold out until the 19 th to see if we get a battery review.
    The Galaxy S8+ Is significantly bigger in every respect. My hands are big. I picked up that phone and set it right back down because I knew that putting that thing in my pocket or carrying it around in general was going to be a pain. I loved the look of the S8 but the edge screen is something I just couldn't adapt to. Fingerprint sensor is in the wrong spot and if they had a flat screen version, I probably would have bought it (given the fps) issue was fixed. I love the G6 and personally feel like it's a better overall device for me. May not be the same outcome for you. My wife likes it and when she goes to upgrade I'll have no reason not to buy it for her because I'm sure it's still a great device.
    04-09-2017 07:30 AM
    I just came out of Best Buy after playing with the s8 and +. Put it side by side with my s7e silver which I've loved. The 8 is a little slimmer and may be a hair shorter but the screen is significantly larger. The murdered-out black is perfect. The virtual home key haptic feels clicky...it goes, "ca-chink" . The fingerprint scanner is awkward but I think I'd get used to it (or I might use it as often as I do on my s7e, which is one in ten times I pick it up. The width reduction makes it feel better in-hande. The s8+ doesn't feel that much larger (what wizardry is this??!) and is the same width as the s7e. Definitely harder to reach the fingerprint but I'm not sure I would use it. Camera starts quicker than the s7e when started from the icon. I would miss the double click on the home key start but the power key may suffice. I think I'd prefer the smaller one and the only thing holding me back is the concern about battery life. I'll hold out until the 19 th to see if we get a battery review.
    Lol I did just this, then pre ordered within 10 minutes of first touching it.
    04-09-2017 10:53 AM
    I've held 8 of them and still haven't preordered. The pink hue I've seen on every phone I've demoed is a big turn off.
    Now u can adjust it.
    04-10-2017 12:05 PM
    Stopped by Verizon today. Held the S8 and the S8+. Beautiful phones and feel great in the hand. I have already ordered the Grey and in the store liked it better than silver and black. Lighting in store was not high and the black looked dull. Maybe under better lighting it would have come off better. The Grey had just a tint of purple and looked like a dark grey in the lighting. I was able to reach the FPS on the plus without an issue one handed and I normally use my phones two handed.
    04-11-2017 12:55 PM
54 123