whatever you do, DON'T put one in your hands

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. Holding it in the hand changed my opinion too. It made my S7 edge look and feel like a phone from the year 2010. Which I wasn't expecting AT ALL. Holding the Pixel after that felt even funnier. Samsung is the devil. They weren't kidding when they said that the S8 will change the way we look at phones forever.

Looking at oneplus to do something similar at a lower price. That would be the phone to get for me. Until then, Must resist getting the S8. Damn.

Exactly. The Devil. Someone said that the taller phone doesn't work for them. This is the same height as the 7e and a little slimmer with a larger screen.

cajun456

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Up until about an hour ago, I was dead set on not switching from my S7. Now I am trying to decide whether I will get the S8 or the S8+. Best Buy has that darn display right in the doorway.

D3SPA1R

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
That was one of the issues I didn't like about the s8+ when I first heard about the fingerprint scanner being moved towards the back, near the rear camera. I don't have really long fingers so reaching it would be a struggle every single time. Hopefully they relocate it or build it into the screen for the Note 8.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It's the S8 for me. I haven't had a Samsung phone as my daily driver since the S5. My wife has had the S6 and S7 edge, and she has loved both. The cameras have been awesome and she really hasn't had any serious issues. I've been on an iPhone since December of 2015 and it looks like an outdated POS compared to the S8. I just tried to rearrange my icons and I realized how incredibly outdated and stale iOS is. I'm probably going to pre-order from Sam's Club because I can get a $150 gift card that I'll use for groceries or put it towards a swing set the Mrs. wants to get for the kids.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
So true. Had the same reaction at bestbuy. My S7 Edge went from being my favorite and best looking phone to old and ugly in one second lol. It's crazy!
Lol. My exact same reaction. Always thought my S7 was a modern design, not anymore. Can't wait to take this baby on my trans Atlantic flight.

anon(9780053)

Banned
Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
finally my nephew took me there in my wheelchair, and seen that the display is stunning, and yes slimmer than my s7edge, and not wide as note 7.demos dont always have all software or hardware fully developed, and im hoping when we get them, that any burps or bugs will be corrected. demos limit many things. i will say, the camera, oh my, is as good or better than my old note 7.speed is better than s7edge and display is not radically curved as s7edges screen. thats a good thing.i paid, and ordered 6 days ago. lets all hope more see less flaws or more pluses and the bashgate on samsung will stop. THEN WE WILL SEE THE BATTLES BEGIN IN SPEEDTESTS AND BENCHMARKS, to put an end to those knocking it already. the buttons were slightly slimmer too than the s7edge.but that means less travel on pressing them.

its definitely all display.once encased and home, and adjusting, im sure it will show its glory.looking forward to apps behaving better too. and hope we rise to the next update on nougat. dont get me started.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
finally my nephew took me there in my wheelchair, and seen that the display is stunning, and yes slimmer than my s7edge, and not wide as note 7.demos dont always have all software or hardware fully developed, and im hoping when we get them, that any burps or bugs will be corrected. demos limit many things. i will say, the camera, oh my, is as good or better than my old note 7.speed is better than s7edge and display is not radically curved as s7edges screen. thats a good thing.i paid, and ordered 6 days ago. lets all hope more see less flaws or more pluses and the bashgate on samsung will stop. THEN WE WILL SEE THE BATTLES BEGIN IN SPEEDTESTS AND BENCHMARKS, to put an end to those knocking it already. the buttons were slightly slimmer too than the s7edge.but that means less travel on pressing them.

its definitely all display.once encased and home, and adjusting, im sure it will show its glory.looking forward to apps behaving better too. and hope we rise to the next update on nougat. dont get me started.

Benchmarks will be nice due to the nice new soc -- speedtest will depend what carrier, network congestion / load, etc. etc.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
It's the S8 for me. I haven't had a Samsung phone as my daily driver since the S5. My wife has had the S6 and S7 edge, and she has loved both. The cameras have been awesome and she really hasn't had any serious issues. I've been on an iPhone since December of 2015 and it looks like an outdated POS compared to the S8. I just tried to rearrange my icons and I realized how incredibly outdated and stale iOS is. I'm probably going to pre-order from Sam's Club because I can get a $150 gift card that I'll use for groceries or put it towards a swing set the Mrs. wants to get for the kids.
My iPhone 7+ was the best in many aspects but as stated the iOS kills it

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone 7+ was the best in many aspects but as stated the iOS kills it

Yeah. My 6s Plus has been overall a really good phone. But the OS itself is terrible. It's so outdated. I'm excited to get back to something with a little more involvement and control from the user.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Heh yeah looking forward for untits to make it to Australia so I can check it out.

Aesthetically I think it's one of the best designed phones out there. Still my heart goes to the HTC One M7 as the best designed phone ever, but this is really good too.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I just left BB and man this phone is amazing. It feels and looks totally awesome. I wasn't sure if I was gonna jump up from my S7E but the orchid gray S8 is the one for me

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I just left BB and man this phone is amazing. It feels and looks totally awesome. I wasn't sure if I was gonna jump up from my S7E but the orchid gray S8 is the one for me

Nice. It's like getting two phones. When the right light hits it you get that great color shift.
I'm married to the murdered-out model, though. Last year's black did not appeal but this one crushed it. (Reminded me of the feeling I got when I had the BlackBerry Z10. All 2001:A Space Odyssey)

Attachments

• 322774.jpg
    322774.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 60

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Very true tittle. I was on the fence until I held it. Already pre-ordered it in Orchid Gray Going from a reasonably reliable S5

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I've held 8 of them and still haven't preordered. The pink hue I've seen on every phone I've demoed is a big turn off.