Are you getting insurance for your S8?

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I will have to check my Navy Federal CC. Last time I looked they required you to pay for the entire MSRP of the phone upfront, it specifically stated it does not cover payment plans or phones on contract.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I've been extremely lucky with my devices. I have never taken out insurance on my Android devices and they have been fine so far. I'm usually very careful with them and i always purchase a nice case to keep them protected. I don't normally take my phone with me to potentially high risk places. (EG falling down a mountain while hiking, or possibly falling off a boat into the sea.) ect. I think if you get a nice solid case for your Galaxy S8 you should be good to go. :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's rather foolish not to purchase insurance for such an expensive device.

It's a matter of risk and chance. If you never filled a claim for many years on multiple lines then statistically it would make sense not to get insurance. Just so long as you have enough savings to pay up front for the phone.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
This is the reason why so many have been ripped off by taking advantage of Blacklisting their phone after selling it. Majority of people I know are not even aware of this system and how easy it is.

I'm aware it doesn't stop it but why can't they make them FILE A POLICE REPORT at least it will make some think twice about it. I'm talking about the Blacklist System, I know insurance could care less about it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This is the reason why so many have been ripped off by taking advantage of Blacklisting their phone after selling it. Majority of people I know are not even aware of this system and how easy it is.

I'm aware it doesn't stop it but why can't they make them FILE A POLICE REPORT at least it will make some think twice about it. I'm talking about the Blacklist System, I know insurance could care less about it.

If you report a theft then you can require a police report... But for lost?

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Square Trade will be seeing me soon. I like their low deductible and so easy to get repairs when needed. I've used them for other electronics with no problems. I don't normally buy one for my phones and I usually never have issues...which is why I've decided to purchase one this year. I just figure my number is coming up. :D I've dropped my s7 edge too many times to count and no damage. Really, how much longer can my good luck hold out?

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site

You can't file a police report for a lost phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer