07-01-2017 05:26 AM
243 ... 56789 ...
tools
    IF that were the case then it is damn fools whom prefee an intrusive "on the grid" Fingerprint Scanner in lieu of Wide Angle Dual-Lens Camera. Absolute idiocracy!

Of course Sam-Sun(G) give YOU, 'The People' what they want. They are considerate like that. I only wish I had gotten the memo so I could have voted Camera.
    04-09-2017 08:59 PM
    Look at the design.
    Unless you crack open the back and see space for the FPS where you want it.... There is really no way to tell.
    7AndTRT likes this.
    04-09-2017 09:01 PM
    My opinion is that it's in a terrible position and you all act all defensive. Look, it's my right to have an opinion on this, and after playing around with the S8s at Verizon and Best Buy, I think the FPS is in a terrible position. I don't have to agree with any of you about this. The design was a poor design and there's going to be a ton of messy cameras out there because of the terrible FPS placement. And just because "Samsung ran out of time" as an excuse doesn't make it right.
    I agree it is in a bad spot.... Just not with the fact that they had many choices. They would have put it in a better place of they could have.... IMO
    GrumpyMomofMacR likes this.
    04-09-2017 09:03 PM
    My opinion is that it's in a terrible position and you all act all defensive. Look, it's my right to have an opinion on this, and after playing around with the S8s at Verizon and Best Buy, I think the FPS is in a terrible position. I don't have to agree with any of you about this. The design was a poor design and there's going to be a ton of messy cameras out there because of the terrible FPS placement. And just because "Samsung ran out of time" as an excuse doesn't make it right.
    You stated 'They had choices'. That's not an opinion. So don't rant about how you are stating an opinion when you aren't.

Back up your statement. What choices did they have?

I'll be waiting with an utter lack of anticipation.
    johnriii and katmandoo122 like this.
    04-09-2017 09:07 PM
    You stated 'They had choices'. That's not an opinion. So don't rant about how you are stating an opinion when you aren't.

Back up your statement. What choices did they have?

Where's your proof that they didn't have a choice?

04-09-2017 09:08 PM
    Messy cameras? You've been warned by Samsung to clean your lens. If you don't then you may have a messy lens.
    If a camera has to have warnings because the people will be reaching across it to unlock their phones and may smudge their camera lens, that is a fatal design flaw.
    04-09-2017 09:09 PM
    If a camera has to have warnings because the people will be reaching across it to unlock their phones and may smudge their camera lens, that is a fatal design flaw.
    It's gonna be such a fatal flaw they will sell tens of millions of devices.
    04-09-2017 09:13 PM
    Lol. Based on some of your political comments I'm not surprised that you lack originality in your posts.
    There is no credible evidence anywhere that Samsung didn't have a choice in where to place the fingerprint sensor. It's all speculation and conjecture.
    04-09-2017 09:13 PM
    It's gonna be such a fatal flaw they will sell tens of millions of devices.
    Sure, they'll sell millions of devices, but it still doesn't mean the FPS location isn't in a terrible place.

McDonald's sells billions of hamburgers every year but that doesn't mean they have good tasting hamburgers.
    04-09-2017 09:14 PM
    This shouldn't be an issue, though. YOU may be fine with the placement of the FPS next to the camera, but others aren't fine with it. I think it's terrible and a terrible fix for that is software that says the camera lens is dirty. That's unacceptable, IMO. I have no idea how the FPS sensor placement passed focus groups, but it's in a very terrible place. It should be underneath the camera.
    Um...you do realize that the lens on every camera regardless of device gets smudged and dirty. The FPS position on the S8/S8+ isn't going to make it worse. Think about the environment the phone is in. I wish my Canon EOS 6D had software to tell me my lens is dirty. That's actually a nifty feature.
    04-09-2017 09:16 PM
    There is no credible evidence anywhere that Samsung didn't have a choice in where to place the fingerprint sensor. It's all speculation and conjecture.
    Both can be said both ways. Lol
    04-09-2017 09:16 PM
    It's a poor spot for the FPS. Don't really care why it happened.
    anon(5630457) likes this.
    04-09-2017 09:17 PM
    Sure, they'll sell millions of devices, but it still doesn't mean the FPS location isn't in a terrible place.

McDonald's sells billions of hamburgers every year but that doesn't mean they have good tasting hamburgers.
    So McDonald's has a fatal flaw in that it's hamburger's don't taste good but they have sold billions of them.

I can't believe these successful companies and their fatal flaws.

Should Samsung strive to be the LG mobile division and have declining profits 6 quarters in a row?
    04-09-2017 09:17 PM
    At least LG had the FPS in the correct spot. Lmfao 😁
    04-09-2017 09:19 PM
    So McDonald's has a fatal flaw in that it's hamburger's don't taste good but they have sold billions of them.

I can't believe these successful companies and their fatal flaws.

Should Samsung strive to be the LG mobile division and have declining profits 6 quarters in a row?
    I don't recall seeing McDonald's getting high marks on the Michelin Star ratings.
    04-09-2017 09:19 PM
    Um...you do realize that the lens on every camera regardless of device gets smudged and dirty. The FPS position on the S8/S8+ isn't going to make it worse. Think about the environment the phone is in. I wish my Canon EOS 6D had software to tell me my lens is dirty. That's actually a nifty feature.
    No other phones require a person to reach across the camera to unlock a phone.
    04-09-2017 09:20 PM
    It's a poor spot for the FPS. Don't really care why it happened.
    But hey, they sell MILLIONS! It must be in the right spot!
    04-09-2017 09:21 PM
    You are right. Many other companies just hemorrhage money with their perfectly placed FPS. Hmm, I wonder what the board of directors would rather have: a perfectly placed FPS or billions in profits?
    04-09-2017 09:30 PM
    This is easy to serious in here.... It is a darn FPS
    04-09-2017 09:31 PM
    And? My iPhone's camera lens gets smudged all of the time because of the stupid camera location. Besides, I've actually held the S8 and S8+. In the dozen or so times I've held one, not once did my finger land on the camera. The FPS is slightly indented. You can tell immediately that your finger is on it. The very first time I picked up the phone my left index finger landed right on the FPS. Do you really think Samsung (or any other phone maker) is dumb enough to NOT test it first with real people BEFORE finalizing the design?
    milehigherik likes this.
    04-09-2017 09:44 PM
    Why are people even arguing over the placement. If you like it great. If not that's great also. Fact is no one knows what the majority think. We on this forum are but a fraction of actual users. Just because you have a group who agree with you one way or the other on here is no indication whatsoever what the majority is.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Like o said if you don't like it fine you do great. It will be ok. For as much as we all seem to enjoy phones there are plenty other devices that suit your individual needs. I know. I buy just about all of them due to this illness. Lol.
    04-09-2017 09:55 PM

I beg your pardon.... McDonald's burgers are the best... Not! Haha they do sell a ton of burgers though.
    04-09-2017 09:59 PM
    You are right. Many other companies just hemorrhage money with their perfectly placed FPS. Hmm, I wonder what the board of directors would rather have: a perfectly placed FPS or billions in profits?
    I don't think you realize how ridiculous this sounds.
    04-09-2017 10:17 PM
    And? My iPhone's camera lens gets smudged all of the time because of the stupid camera location. Besides, I've actually held the S8 and S8+. In the dozen or so times I've held one, not once did my finger land on the camera. The FPS is slightly indebted. You can tell immediately that your finger is on it. The very first time I picked up the phone my left index finger landed right on the FPS. Do you really think Samsung (or any other phone maker) is dumb enough to NOT test it first with real people BEFORE finalizing the design?
    But your camera isn't getting smudged up because you're reaching for the fingerprint sensor.

BTW, I also played around with the S8s. I know what I'm talking about.
    04-09-2017 10:18 PM
    Yeah....I won't drive a Mercedes Benz because they put the gas cap on the driver's side of the car. Terrible placement!!! I don't know who designs their vehicles..Uggghhh

I'm joking by the way. I would love a Mercedes regardless of one little miniscule aspect of the car😃
    blaine07 and dixkayp87 like this.
    04-09-2017 10:19 PM
243 ... 56789 ...