S8+ too long, looks awkward?

hehfahq

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You have to ask Bixby to show you your notifications. But seriously the S8+ is probably not a one handed phone for most people.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
i gave up the need/want for a one handed phone when i went from my iphone 5 to an iphone 6 plus and i have never looked back.

My only want/need is that the phone fits in my shirt pocket (and this one does).

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I looked at the plus and it will be a one handed phone. The width isn't the issue, it's the height. Reaching the notification bar will take some getting used to, I use NOVA prime so I have gesture to swipe down for notifications, but that only works on the home screens, while in apps or web browsing I will have to adjust to the height issue.

The phone has to be able to be used one handed or I won't get it. That is why I didn't wait for the note 8, rumored 6.4 inch screen and probably true since note line is usually bigger screens, not interested in bigger then the S8+.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I have to say that the size of the S8+ is overrated. Not in a bad way but in a way that the phone, while every bit as large or larger than the other big ones out there, disappears in your hand. There are some things that can be tough to hit with one hand but I also experience that upon occasion on my S7E and I think that phone borders on being too small. The only issue I see is the fingerprint scanner location...if they had that on the front, I think the S8+ would be just about perfect.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I've been to BB twice to play with the S8+. It is the same size as my S6E+ with much more screen real estate. It feels amazing in the hand. The curved back should be the standard for all smart phones. I also toyed with the Pixel XL. The square back and large bezels were a complete turn off.

s2kmafia

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The irony of reaching up to the already difficult to reach fingerprint sensor to swipe down the difficult to reach notification panel :)

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that the guy in that video is a smaller dude, so anything in his hand is going to look kinda big. Anyone worried about the size of this phone should go hold one. It isn't as big as you think (unless you're the size of the guy in the video)

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
The irony of reaching up to the already difficult to reach fingerprint sensor to swipe down the difficult to reach notification panel :)

lol, true. But at least your fingers are more naturally closer to the FPS vs. your thumb reaching up to the notification tray.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It does look weird. I took some pics and they only filled 2/3 the screen. I then set it for pics to fill screen. They look better but if I send a pic to. someone without cropping it will look weird on THEIR phone. This screen ratio is such a bad idea.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It does look weird. I took some pics and they only filled 2/3 the screen. I then set it for pics to fill screen. They look better but if I send a pic to. someone without cropping it will look weird on THEIR phone. This screen ratio is such a bad idea.

I don't know about that. Why should mobile phones be shackled to the 16x9 ratio, that essentially came about back in the 1930's or so when cinematic film came out?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Held them both and they are both comfortable to hold in my hand. However I went with the S8 because I could use the extra $100 for the Note 8 when it arrives in a few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital