S8 or Note 8

mlr_90

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Love the looks of this phone. Thinking of waiting until the Note 8 arrives before I jump the gun. Had the Note 5 and went to the Note 7. Now I'm back on the Note 5. Had the S7E briefly but it wasn't for me.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
If the Note is just like the S8+ with an S-Pen.....then Note not needed for me. If they add a dac, double cameras, etc...then HELL YES!!

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere that the Note line was official put to bed. I could be wrong. From a marketing stand point putting a Note 8 out right after the battery issue might not be the best idea.

anon(10206632)

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Get both... That's what I'm doing. I love having the latest and greatest.

I was trying to wait on the note 8, but once I touched the s8 +I was pretty much a goner . Lol

I will be using the S8+ until the Note 8 is announced and will pay the difference in upgrading.
You guys are evil lol. I want S8 Plus so bad but can't get myself to buy now and get Note 8 again in 6 months. Crap, and I have S7 Edge now. Dang it. I have been to Best Buy 3 times already. I know I'm going to cave in very very soon lol

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If the Note is just like the S8+ with an S-Pen.....then Note not needed for me. If they add a dac, double cameras, etc...then HELL YES!!

I don't expect a huge change like double camera in the note 8 basing on the past few years.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't expect a huge change like double camera in the note 8 basing on the past few years.
I do. They planned a dual camera for the S8, but when they couldn't get the front embedded FPS working in time, they had to move it to the back and sacrifice the dual camera. I'm guessing if they get it working in time for the Note 8, the dual camera will come back. This might also be why the Note 8 is slated for a little later in the year - more time for the front embedded FPS kinks to get ironed out.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere that the Note line was official put to bed. I could be wrong. From a marketing stand point putting a Note 8 out right after the battery issue might not be the best idea.

Wrong. The Note 8 will be released. Either later this year or early next.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
You guys are evil lol. I want S8 Plus so bad but can't get myself to buy now and get Note 8 again in 6 months. Crap, and I have S7 Edge now. Dang it. I have been to Best Buy 3 times already. I know I'm going to cave in very very soon lol
It has come to my attention that you just might drive yourself crazy😨

bigmo555

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm planning on waiting for the Note 8. If it's not released by November, my birthday gift will be a 8+ (with any launch issues worked out by then)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox