Galaxy S8+ Battery Life Results (PhoneArena)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S8+ battery life test result is out

The Galaxy S8+ battery life test result stands at exactly 8 hours. Compare this with the 7 hours and 18 minutes that the already very good Galaxy S7 Edge scored, and you see that Samsung has managed to improve on their last year's phone. The S8+ also bests the Google Pixel XL, the OnePlus 3T, but falls a bit short of the battery life on the iPhone 7 Plus.

In a nutshell, the Galaxy S8+ and its 3,500 mAh battery turn out to be a very good combo. Despite fears that a 3,500 mAh cell might not be sufficient to guarantee a solid battery showing, we see that Samsung has managed to do quite well.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I never trust those tests, the only true test can be done only by the user.

Each of us will get different SOT, different use pattern, with my S7E i mostly got 4.5-5.5SOT, sometimes less sometimes more, much depends also on cellular signal strentgh.

But, for those who buy it, i hope it will be better than average.

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
I'm disappointed that they left the screen at the lower default resolution rather than increasing it. That means you can't say that "battery life is better than the S7E" because all the variables are not the same. It's like benchmarking one with WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS turned on and the other without.

Do most people plan on running the phone at the lower resolution?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm disappointed that they left the screen at the lower default resolution rather than increasing it. That means you can't say that "battery life is better than the S7E" because all the variables are not the same. It's like benchmarking one with WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS turned on and the other without.

I would only need full resolution for games and movies. Other than that can you really tell the difference?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

The resolution its left on is already a high resolution. Its the same resolution of the maximum S7 resolution, so in all essence the test was fair if comparing both phones

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Comparison battery life test do give an indication of battery life. If you currently use the compared device. You can not take it as gospel, however it does give you a general idea.

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
The resolution its left on is already a high resolution. Its the same resolution of the maximum S7 resolution, so in all essence the test was fair if comparing both phones
I was talking about the S7 Edge, but both it and the S7 have QHD screens. After the Nougat update they scale down to FHD by default, but they don't say if their test of the S7/Edge was done prior to or after the Nougat upgrade, or at what resolution. If they scaled the S7 and S7 Edge down to 1080 as well, then that's good, but when they say "Note that we have tested using the Full HD+ resolution that our phone came set to by default (1080 x 2220 pixels)." it could imply that the other phones were at the higher QHD resolution.

Comparison battery life test do give an indication of battery life. If you currently use the compared device. You can not take it as gospel, however it does give you a general idea.
Agreed, these tests are useful for comparing relative performance.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
835 should be similar, since total weight of chip battery life of use is way behind the main hogs. Display and weak signal areas.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

This. Of course everyone's usage will vary but if they set the same conditions they did on another device test then you at least have a baseline comparison especially if you used the other device. So if you used the S7 edge then you would expect to have slightly better battery life with the same usage. That's what these tests are good for: baseline comparisons. And that is helpful info.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I would use max resolution all the time. I'm going to buy the best screen there is and downgrade it voluntarily? NO

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping it gets stellar battery --- That is a big "want" for most users now a days :).

heartagram616

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
only reason I left my 6P was the horrible battery issues that popped up with Nougat, battery and camera are my most important factors in a phone

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I know there's a lot of factors that go into screen on time but this is at least a good start. At least I know it won't be horrible. I'll switch the display to wqhd and as long as I get at minimum, 6 hours screen on time, then I'll be set.

Battery life is the only worry I have with this device because I plan on jumping back on the note line with the note9, so I need a good lasting battery.

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Shame is not as good as the iphone which is old now and that may mean the new iphone will beat it battery life.
Don't get me going with the alleged iphones new design, camera , stereo speakers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12