GS8 Wireless Charger

NismoZ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about getting a wireless charger for my GS8. This one seems to only be 22 bucks, where the Samsung is probably $80 or so. Also, the 22 one doesn't have a fan, so I didn't want noise to be an issue by my bed at night.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5743252

Would there be any reason to get Samsung's newest wireless charger, coming out at the same time as the phone over this one?

Here is the Samsung new one:
Fast Charge Wireless Charging Convertible, Black Mobile Accessories - EP-PG950TBEGUS | Samsung US

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have two of these Samsung wireless chargers, which also have the fans. Samsung Fast Charge Wireless Charging Stand - Android Wireless Charging - ShopAndroid

The fan is almost completely silent. I can't hear it, and it certainly never interfered with my sleep, 2 feet away from my ear.

Assuming the new version is similar (or better?), it would be no problem.

I'm hoping the ones I have will still be good with the S8 I'm planning to get.

Edit: The Samsung wireless chargers are "Fast Charge", and charge faster than other wireless chargers for a newer Galaxy device.

BeyondtheTech#AC

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about getting a wireless charger for my GS8. This one seems to only be 22 bucks, where the Samsung is probably $80 or so. Also, the 22 one doesn't have a fan, so I didn't want noise to be an issue by my bed at night.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5743327

Would there be any reason to get Samsung's newest wireless charger, coming out at the same time as the phone over this one?

Here is the Samsung new one:
Fast Charge Wireless Charging Convertible, Black Mobile Accessories - EP-PG950TBEGUS | Samsung US
That one doesn't come with any AC adapter, let alone a fast charging one. There are a few similar models out there with the adapter for not much more money.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Probably going to use my Samsung wireless fast charger for my GS7. Although I like the look of the new Samsung wireless fast charger.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey @NismoZ, with everything you purchase today. There is always a brand tax allocated to the product. Samsung have a high brand value so their chargers will be a little more expensive compared to 'unknown brands'. The higher price is also to assure customers of 'quality' and also allowing them to include the latest technology. :)

Im sure the "Seneo PA046" will work fine and it will definitely charge your device. The 18-month warranty is a good sign they company trusts their product. That being said. I would always advise getting the OEM chargers if money isn't a problem. There are definitely a ton of alternatives out there for much cheaper. :)

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I haven't bought a Samsung wireless charger since the initial model that came with the S6. That one always bugged me in that it shut off once the phone made it to 100% and wouldn't maintain 100%, so in effect it would reach 100% sometime during the night if charging overnight, but by morning, the phone would be back down to 90-93% charge. Do the newer Samsung wireless chargers still do this?

Most wireless chargers I've bought from other brands will actually continue to maintain 100% after reaching it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I always liked the Samsung Fast Wireless Charger when I used my S7 Edge. They did a BOGO deal so my friend and I got one and split the cost so it worked out. Maybe Samsung will do the same for the S8 ?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I always liked the Samsung Fast Wireless Charger when I used my S7 Edge. They did a BOGO deal so my friend and I got one and split the cost so it worked out. Maybe Samsung will do the same for the S8 ?

It's likely they'll offer incentives for signing up for Samsung Pay. From gift cards to free gifts and promo codes. I expect this to happen around release time.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I haven't bought a Samsung wireless charger since the initial model that came with the S6. That one always bugged me in that it shut off once the phone made it to 100% and wouldn't maintain 100%, so in effect it would reach 100% sometime during the night if charging overnight, but by morning, the phone would be back down to 90-93% charge. Do the newer Samsung wireless chargers still do this?

Most wireless chargers I've bought from other brands will actually continue to maintain 100% after reaching it.

I have the current fast wireless charger for my S7. It maintains it at 100 percent.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Im sure the "Seneo PA046" will work fine and it will definitely charge your device. The 18-month warranty is a good sign they company trusts their product.

I got one when I purchased the S6 & S6 edge and they work fine. I used it for the Note 5, S7 edge and Note 7 (while it was around).

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I got one when I purchased the S6 & S6 edge and they work fine. I used it for the Note 5, S7 edge and Note 7 (while it was around).

Awesome stuff. That's great to know. 😃 I'll use this wireless charger as an alternative option for anyone asking in the future when money is tight.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I've been using CHOETECH Wireless chargers for a while and they have always been excellent. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive but I can tell you that they have this new fast Wireless Charger that according to some reviews can go toe to toe with the Samsung OEM one. Best of all they currently have a Promo Code available for an Amazon Purchase and it should leave the price on $15.99.

If you want to try them, here it's the link. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010B6PSMC

PROMO CODE - FVNEC2QP

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been using CHOETECH Wireless chargers for a while and they have always been excellent. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive but I can tell you that they have this new fast Wireless Charger that according to some reviews can go toe to toe with the Samsung OEM one. Best of all they currently have a Promo Code available for an Amazon Purchase and it should leave the price on $15.99.

If you want to try them, here it's the link. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010B6PSMC

PROMO CODE - FVNEC2QP

Looks like a nice charger, but reading the fine print...says it doesn't come with a power adapter, and requires a fast charge adapter for the fast charge feature, but isn't compatible with the S7 OEM adapter. I wonder the odds of it working with the S8 fast charge adapter.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Looks like a nice charger, but reading the fine print...says it doesn't come with a power adapter, and requires a fast charge adapter for the fast charge feature, but isn't compatible with the S7 OEM adapter. I wonder the odds of it working with the S8 fast charge adapter.

Yeah, I read that but after contacting CHOETECH I was told that it's because of the QC 2.0 specs and that the S7/S7 edge charger doesn't comply with it (or something like that is what I recall of that message) anyways, I have other QC 2.0 adapters here so for me is not an issue, plus, as far as I know, the S8 adapters should have no issues with this charger. That's why they are giving new PROMO codes previous to the S8 release so people should have other alteranatives to the OEM one.

I'll definitely prove everything when I finally get it, it's still on scheduled for delivery on Apr 15, so once I get it I'll try with what I have and then with the S8 adapter once I get it.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
There are several brands with very similar chargers out there for around $20. Find the ones with the best reviews for what you are looking for and put them on a watch list. Chances are, you get a notification sometime in the next week that it is on a deal and save more money.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I finally received the CHOETECH wireless charger and in a summary it's even better than expected. It comes with the cable so only thing needed is a Fast Adaptive Charger, I really don't know which model this is from but it must be from the Galaxy S7 edge. S7 or Note 5 that I've bought on the past year and a half, so I don't know why it says that it doesn't work with the S7 fast chargers, mine is working great. See pictures.

Guys for $15.99 with the Code below, you can't go wrong with it.

20170411_180507.jpg20170411_180519.jpg20170411_180537.jpg20170411_180623.jpg

PROMO CODE - FVNEC2QP

Last edited:

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Check my post above, it seems that it's working fine with the fast adaptive charger I'm using and it must be from a S7, S7 edge or Note 5, as those are the only fast Adaptive chargers from Samsung I kept.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield