Samsung Galaxy S8+ with 6GB RAM to cost over $1,000 but with gift

Anageh90

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
the Galaxy S8+ with 6GB RAM will cost KRW 1,155,000, which translates to $1,030.the model will be available in Midnight Black, and also will be a China-exclusive.

Those pre-ordering the 6GB variant will also get a free DeX dock, which usually costs KRW 160,000 (around $140

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
the Galaxy S8+ with 6GB RAM will cost KRW 1,155,000, which translates to $1,030.the model will be available in Midnight Black, and also will be a China-exclusive.

Those pre-ordering the 6GB variant will also get a free DeX dock, which usually costs KRW 160,000 (around $140
That's too steep for me for any phone

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
1k doesn't just grow on trees. What are people thinking now-a-days? I wouldn't pay that for a phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
1k doesn't just grow on trees. What are people thinking now-a-days? I wouldn't pay that for a phone.

They're thinking they can afford it in some form or fashion. I am sure most people would buy a small car with better gas mileage versus the truck I just bought .. But that is why there are choices :p.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

A lot of people in the USA can afford smartphones. In China, they are a luxury item and only well off people in China will be able to afford this

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people in the USA can afford smartphones. In China, they are a luxury item and only well off people in China will be able to afford this
Well with 0% payment plans, I would say everyone in the middle class and up can fairly easily afford the latest phones.

And China has the largest middle class of any country in the world which is why they are being catered to with higher spec devices.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

What will probably end up happening is that they will make MUCH CHEAPER clones. China is known for putting out cheaper smartphones due to their low cost labor force.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well with 0% payment plans, I would say everyone in the middle class and up can fairly easily afford the latest phones.

And China has the largest middle class of any country in the world which is why they are being catered to with higher spec devices.

While China has a large middle class, their income still way trails the USA.

In the USA, an iPhone or s8 is pretty standard for middle class. In china, it is still somewhat of a luxury item. Yes middle class can afford it but it is still a premium item you can show off to your friends.

Just like in the USA...a middle class person can buy a Porsche... It is still a luxury item and you can show it off...

9e99a1f3208efd6d45f2ad9503a4ff72.jpg