Question about buying from Best Buy

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
As we all know, buying from best buy saves you $100. My question is, if I buy it on installment plans from best buy to save the $100, is that over the course of the 24 months? Or can I a month later pay off the phone at the $720 I bought it for?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
As we all know, buying from best buy saves you $100. My question is, if I buy it on installment plans from best buy to save the $100, is that over the course of the 24 months? Or can I a month later pay off the phone at the $720 I bought it for?

Right now it's over 24 months. But check what device payment plan balance is once it's posted on your account. I'm thinking once this happens you can pay off the final discounted amount because this isnt a carrier applying a credit to your account each month. This is a true device discount. So check then.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Guys I posted this in another thread but since this is title Best Buy thought I'd solicit feedback here as well.

For the Best Buy preorder they are supposedly knocking off $100 on the price of the phone. Well the Verizon model retails for $840. Best Buy is offering it for $29.83 for 24 months. This comes out to 715.92. So they're actually knocking off ~$125. Is this right? Lol.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Right now it's over 24 months. But check what device payment plan balance is once it's posted on your account. I'm thinking once this happens you can pay off the final discounted amount because this isnt a carrier applying a credit to your account each month. This is a true device discount. So check then.

Ahhh ok then, I guess I can do that. Would have been nice to know though before I get the phone.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
If you the look at the finance contract (sprint in my case) it is very clear that the total financed amount is calculated after the $100 Best Buy credit is applied.

metacuate

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If you the look at the finance contract (sprint in my case) it is very clear that the total financed amount is calculated after the $100 Best Buy credit is applied.

I've bought a lot of phones from best buy on Verizon, and this is correct. You can pay the phone off after the first bill and then upgrade again through best buy again if you want. I bought my family in Mexico $240 iPhone se's doing this, and the contract has always been the advertised price, no annoying credit spread over the two years.

anon(10206632)

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Crap, that's a good deal then. I thought it is credited over 24 months. So you pay $35 per month and then you get $5 credit a month to drop you to the $29.85 for VZ. If the credit is right away, I might consider that VZ vs waiting for unlocked. Dang it. Decision is now even harder.

Last edited:

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Crap, that's a good deal then. I thought it is credited over 24 months. So you pay $35 per month and then you get $5 credit a month to drop you to the $29.85 for VZ. If the credit is right away, I might consider that VZ unlocked. Dang it. Decision is now even harder.

Yeah this really does make it the best deal, even if I have to go through Best Buy.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Crap, that's a good deal then. I thought it is credited over 24 months. So you pay $35 per month and then you get $5 credit a month to drop you to the $29.85 for VZ. If the credit is right away, I might consider that VZ vs waiting for unlocked. Dang it. Decision is now even harder.

This is what was confused about. They advertise it as $100 off. But $29.85 x 24 months = $716.40. That's more than $100 off the full price of the phone.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Guys I posted this in another thread but since this is title Best Buy thought I'd solicit feedback here as well.

For the Best Buy preorder they are supposedly knocking off $100 on the price of the phone. Well the Verizon model retails for $840. Best Buy is offering it for $29.83 for 24 months. This comes out to 715.92. So they're actually knocking off ~$125. Is this right? Lol.

Best Buy can have different "full retail" prices than the carriers.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

You are getting the $100 discount applied to the purchase price and then divided by 24 months or whatever term you choose.

You can then pay the balance of the phone as soon as it posts to your carrier's account. I have done this with numerous deals at Best Buy over the past year. Very simple, no strings attached bc they apply the $100 discount upfront versus using bill credits.

afh3

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Best Buy offered me $9.99/month on the Plus if I traded my (paid-off) S7 Edge and was on the Verizon Unlimited plan

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok lol. But I wouldn't have posted my question if their full price was different or else it wouldn't have made sense. Thanks anyway.

Actually ..

On Device Payment Plan: Best Buy is offering the phone for $34/month which comes out to $816. They've reduced the price to $29.34/month which is about $716. ...So $100-off.

Full retail, Best Buy is charging $840 if you skip DPP - same as Verizon.

But without any trade-in deals, Verizon sells the S8+ for $35/mo which comes out to $840.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy offered me $9.99/month on the Plus if I traded my (paid-off) S7 Edge and was on the Verizon Unlimited plan
They are giving you $480 for your S7 edge. Is that divided into 24 monthly credits, or are they giving it all up front?

Edit.. I am referring to the trade in amount. I know the $100 is applied right away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463