04-07-2017 08:33 PM
29 12
tools
    So will Verizon screw these phones up as well? I can't find any info on the subject because it hasn't been released I'm guessing? What I'm referring to is what they did to the Note 7 ( which I should had never turned in ) the maintenance code, ram usage, UI, find my mobile device and the 10 GB cloud they replaced with their own 5 GB cloud instead. Bloat wear is something that will be with every carrier phone but I don't want them to take any features away. That is just pure BS and I'm afraid they will do it again. Who knows maybe someone that was able to play with one will read this and say something. I really want this phone but I was going to wait till the unlocked version came out till today when I dropped my Note 3 and busted the digitizer. I really don't want to pay $100 to get another Note 3 when I could use it towards the S8. I might just do it I just hate to be disappointed once again.
    04-04-2017 04:41 PM
    Verizon seems certainly the worst culprit for adding bloat, although aall the other carriers seem to do a good job as well. I have an unlocked GS7 Edge and Sammies bloat is bad enough but livable without the carriers adding to it.
    04-04-2017 06:55 PM
    There is no way around the bloat I just want to know if features will be missing? I want what I paid for not some knock off. I would buy a Sprint and put on the Verizon network but i would have to wait for someone to unlock it so I wanted to wait for the unlocked version.
    04-04-2017 08:13 PM
    Verizon seems certainly the worst culprit for adding bloat, although aall the other carriers seem to do a good job as well. I have an unlocked GS7 Edge and Sammies bloat is bad enough but livable without the carriers adding to it.
    Actually AT&T is the worst -- by far. They have bloat apps and big DirecTV ads in your notification panel.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    04-04-2017 09:11 PM
    Actually AT&T is the worst -- by far. They have bloat apps and big DirecTV ads in your notification panel.
    True but they block services and apps like Verizon does. Verizon does this so you can use only their apps and services. At least with ATT their just spAmming you with their stuff. But you still get the other stuff too.
    04-04-2017 09:17 PM
    True but they block services and apps like Verizon does. Verizon does this so you can use only their apps and services. At least with ATT their just spAmming you with their stuff. But you still get the other stuff too.
    So far on my G6 I haven't found anything except a few bloat apps. (Verizon)
    04-04-2017 09:23 PM
    What services does Verizon block?
    04-04-2017 09:27 PM
    So will Verizon screw these phones up as well? I can't find any info on the subject because it hasn't been released I'm guessing? What I'm referring to is what they did to the Note 7 ( which I should had never turned in ) the maintenance code, ram usage, UI, find my mobile device and the 10 GB cloud they replaced with their own 5 GB cloud instead. Bloat wear is something that will be with every carrier phone but I don't want them to take any features away. That is just pure BS and I'm afraid they will do it again. Who knows maybe someone that was able to play with one will read this and say something. I really want this phone but I was going to wait till the unlocked version came out till today when I dropped my Note 3 and busted the digitizer. I really don't want to pay $100 to get another Note 3 when I could use it towards the S8. I might just do it I just hate to be disappointed once again.
    If you care enough about it, buy the unlocked model.
    04-04-2017 09:27 PM
    So far on my G6 I haven't found anything except a few bloat apps. (Verizon)
    Seems more so on the last few Samsung devices. LG doesn't offer as much stuff as Samsung so not a lot to block lol.
    04-04-2017 09:31 PM
    Seems more so on the last few Samsung devices. LG doesn't offer as much stuff as Samsung so not a lot to block lol.
    That's fine by me -- I never used Samsung apps anyway. Why have dupes of the same ones I use w/ Google? :P.
    04-04-2017 09:33 PM
    What services does Verizon block?
    On the Note 7 they blocked all Samsung cloud stuff. And while they don't block it (anymore) Samsung Pay wasn't even preinstalled on a Samsung device. And there are a couple non-important apps they remove as well. They didn't allow Grace UI either. And most of this was seen more with the Note 7 because S7s didn't have some of the apps/features.
    04-04-2017 09:34 PM
    That's fine by me -- I never used Samsung apps anyway. Why have dupes of the same ones I use w/ Google? :P.
    That may be for you but not everyone is like you. For instance, Samsung Cloud is better than anything Verizon offers or even Google to maintain full backups of your device and restores. So to disable that does a disservice to users who want a seamless way to do this. That's just one example. And while you may not care about this. I did. We are different. I'm speaking for me.
    04-04-2017 09:37 PM
    Here's an old post about what Verizo did to the Note 7. No other carrier did these things. I was on AT&T also with the Note 7 and when I switched over it was almost like I downgraded devices. So while the guy in the article sounds kinda whiny he makes some valid points and I understand where the OP is coming from.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.droid...od-reason/amp/
    04-04-2017 09:42 PM
    That may be for you but not everyone is like you. For instance, Samsung Cloud is better than anything Verizon offers or even Google to maintain full backups of your device and restores. So to disable that does a disservice to users who want a seamless way to do this. That's just one example. And while you may not care about this. I did. We are different. I'm speaking for me.
    And I know -- I never said everyone was like me right ? I just prefer to use Google apps since it will work on all Android versus locking into Samsung.
    04-04-2017 09:42 PM
    And I know -- I never said everyone was like me right ? I just prefer to use Google apps since it will work on all Android versus locking into Samsung.
    I agree for the most part. But my biggest gripe was Samsung cloud. There's no 1 google service that provides backups and restores for your device. For a Samsung device this is a must. No need to use several app and clunky restore process. For me it's not a big deal because I know how to handle my data. But this is a significant service that Verizon disabled solely for the purpose of wanted you to use there cloud service that's half as good.
    04-04-2017 09:45 PM
    I agree for the most part. But my biggest gripe was Samsung cloud. There's no 1 google service that provides backups and restores for your device. For a Samsung device this is a must. No need to use several app and clunky restore process. For me it's not a big deal because I know how to handle my data. But this is a significant service that Verizon disabled solely for the purpose of wanted you to use there cloud service that's half as good.
    Yep .. But AT&T and others disable stuff as well. Just have to pick your poison or buy unlocked.
    04-04-2017 09:49 PM
    Yep .. But AT&T and others disable stuff as well. Just have to pick your poison or buy unlocked.
    Yes I agree with that. They all do it but I don't think there's any question that Verizon has been the most agregious among the carriers when it comes to these types of things.
    04-04-2017 09:56 PM
    The settings menu looks a little different because it's sectioned off. The Verizon messaging app is default and there's some definite bloat, but it's really nothing out of the ordinary​. The best part? No Verizon branding on the device.
    04-04-2017 10:03 PM
    Oh also I looked (I wasn't sure since I don't use these) but it seems LG has the same backup as Samsung and it is present on my Verizon G6 so hopefully they leave it alone for the Samsung variant.
    What will Verizon do to the phone this time?-screenshot_2017-04-04-23-29-30.png
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    04-04-2017 10:30 PM
    I would not like direct TV ads in my notification bar. Can you long press it and block the notifications like other apps?
    04-04-2017 10:32 PM
    I would not like direct TV ads in my notification bar. Can you long press it and block the notifications like other apps?
    Like most bloat you can disable them.
    04-04-2017 10:36 PM
    Oh also I looked (I wasn't sure since I don't use these) but it seems LG has the same backup as Samsung and it is present on my Verizon G6 so hopefully they leave it alone for the Samsung variant.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2017-04-04-23-29-30.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	255923
    That's good. Hopefully they leave it alone on the S8.
    Almeuit likes this.
    04-05-2017 07:30 AM
    I used the samsung s8 plus at best buy and sorry to say verizon is still blocking samsung cloud. I could not see anything else that verizon is blocking right now but i did look for the cloud and saw they had blocked it in favor of the verizon cloud
    04-05-2017 11:47 AM
    I used the samsung s8 plus at best buy and sorry to say verizon is still blocking samsung cloud. I could not see anything else that verizon is blocking right now but i did look for the cloud and saw they had blocked it in favor of the verizon cloud
    Bah!
    04-05-2017 01:29 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you just disable and basically delete any bloat with the package disabler?
    04-05-2017 07:57 PM
29 12