Samsung flops again S8 S8+

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
So we're all excited for a new Samsung phone after the failure of the N7 best phone ever.
So lets get past the hype here!
The phone's screen size is awkward at best , fingerprint scanner is in the wrong place!
So as much as we want Samsung to succeed with this phone it's not going to happen ,we're all going to regret spending a grand on a phone and not holding out for the new Note 8.
We all want the latest and greatest in the day of instant data but this isn't it!
Sorry Samsung.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
When the note 8 Comes out there will be the same question as to whether or not to wait until the s 9.

However if your only gripe is the fps then it is possible that the note 8 will fix that since it is rumored that Samsung wanted a front one but ran out of time

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
It's easy. I'll be getting the S8+ and the Note 8. Nothing to think about. It'll still succeed without your money regardless. There's still plenty of people that are due for an upgrade.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
The phones screen size is amazing at best! The finger print scanner is no big deal for me, I never hit the camera lens when I use the heart rate sensor. And if the iris scanner works as good or better than the N7 I won't be using the finger print sensor much anyway. The hype is real!

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm not spending a grand on the phone. My max out of pocket is $130 down payment plus $30/month. If the Note 8 is out in 6 months, I have $310 invested at the most. If I can sell it and make some of that back, I'll do that instead of turning in the lease.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
So we're all excited for a new Samsung phone after the failure of the N7 best phone ever.
The phone's screen size is awkward at best , fingerprint scanner is in the wrong place!
So as much as we want Samsung to succeed with this phone it's not going to happen ,we're all going to regret spending a grand on a phone and not holding out for the new Note 8.
We all want the latest and greatest in the day of instant data but this isn't it!
Sorry Samsung.

I hope you enjoy your pre-order S8 Plus when it arrives in 15 days.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I didn't find the phone screen size to be an issue and I probably won't use the fps so it doesn't matter where they placed it. I probably will regret getting the 8 plus and not waiting for the note 8, but I go through regrets every phone release because I always want the new devices and I get over it. Not my job to convince anyone where or how they should spend their money. Clearly you aren't a fan so just don't buy it. *shrugs *

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I don't thing they flopped. There are upgrades. Some are more minor than others but they are still going to sell well.

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Sorry Samsung.

LMAO!! Flops huh? Do all you really see going on with this phone is the fps? They have managed to put a 5.8" and 6.2" beautiful amoled screen inside very small form factors. People want bigger screens but they dont want bigger phones...looks good to me. new age chip that is ready for the gb/second download once carrier networks put them in place, power increase while consuming less battery power, bluetooth 5, usb c 3.1, improved edge screen with less curve, improved front facing camera and improved rear camera software. along with finger print scanning there is iris scanner, facial detection and passcode..plenty of options to unlock your phone. Its topping the charts in benchmarks, micro sd expandable storage with 64gb onboard....the list goes on. I clearly do not see where you're coming from with your assessment of the gs8 and gs8 plus, and claiming a phone that is $750 and $850 to be $1000 is dead wrong. So if the note 7 was the best phone ever( and it was an amazing device dont get me wrong) but how can the note 7 be best ever and the s8 be a complete flop??? please enlighten me as to where you came to this conclusion

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't really matter what we think. If you think it's a flop because it's not what you like that's valid. But to others they really like the offering. Everyone has different needs and ideas as to what makes a phone great.

No ones opinion on what makes a phone great should influence you on what you perceive and like. Just get whatever device suits you best.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Well it certainly won't be a flop. It'll sell tens of millions and Samsung will make a lot of money off it.

Sure the fingerprint scanner isn't in the best of positions, but it might just be a minor adjustment for users to get used to. I think the finger scanner 'issue' is overblown.

As far as the screen aspect ratio goes, I think this might become more commonplace. 16:9 might be dying out thanks to these new devices.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The S8 and S8+ will not be flops. Quite the contrary. Fingerprint scanners are not used by everyone. Not a huge issue because it has a retina scanner and facial recognition as well.
The whole awkward screen ratio is overblown as well. How else would you get more screen on the front without making the phone a lot wider. The only aspect affected by this is watching videos.
You get more real estate in pretty much everything else.
Do you actually think that when Apple comes out with the same thing in September everyone will complain?
This will become the norm.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Corrected my spelling thank you , maybe the Gallexy 8 would of helped with that

You mean Galaxy 8? This phone will be a massive success. Every one whines about the Galaxy vs Note specs/features, yet the Galaxy series crushes the Note series in sales numbers every year.