View Poll Results: Who really uses this thing anyhow??

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Use Only Fingerprint Scanner

11 52.38%
  • Use Fingerprint Scanner Occationally

7 33.33%
  • Don't use it, dont need it.

3 14.29%
04-07-2017 02:50 PM
50 12
tools
    I don't know till I try phone out.
    04-05-2017 06:10 PM
    Phone should have VOICE RECOGN4, this would be the ONLY unlocking technique I would consider using to unlock the phone.
    Ya, that's what we need. Everybody speaking into their phone in public and offices to unlock it.
    04-05-2017 06:10 PM
    I'll probably use fingerprint and retina. It's easy to fool face recognition, but fingerprint is much harder to fool, and retina is almost impossible to fool.
    04-05-2017 07:12 PM
    Ya, that's what we need. Everybody speaking into their phone in public and offices to unlock it.
    Yeah. Then you'd have people running around like Rich Little unlocking everybody's phones.
    ShinyTop likes this.
    04-05-2017 07:33 PM
    Face unlock for me.
    04-05-2017 07:38 PM
    I've always just used the old-school password on the lock screen. Just wish I could not give up the IR blaster ....again.
    04-05-2017 08:15 PM
    Ill use it along with password (both i usually use anyways) and maybe iris/facial recognition if its good.
    04-05-2017 08:22 PM
    "How many people only use the Finger Print Scanner on the S8+?"

Uh, don't have my S8+ yet. But use the finger print scanner pretty much exclusively on my S6 edge
    I will use it, I can use my nexus 7 one handed.
    04-05-2017 08:36 PM
    I had the Note 7 and wasn't a fan of the Iris/Face Scanner because I wear glasses. I reminded me of Samsung's first attempt on FPS on the S5, that a POS but they worked it out so I'll give it a chance.

If not I have no problems with using the FPS.
    04-05-2017 09:50 PM
    I hold my phone, Z Force droid, in my left hand and use the right index finger to unlock on the front, so two hands. I think the back will be easier once I get used to it. With a case it will be easier, I believe, to find the sensor.

In the car, not so much, but many have written than I can make the blue tooth connection automatically unlock the phone. Sounds like a plan.
    04-05-2017 09:57 PM
    Facial be better for quick access
    04-06-2017 02:03 AM
    I will be using the FPS. It actually seens to be in a pretty good position for the way I hold my phone.
    04-06-2017 06:50 AM
    I will more than likely use the iris scanner more than the fingerprint scanner. The iris scanner is one of the features I loved on the n7. I didn't use the fingerprint scanner on my n5 and I have never even set it up on my edge.
    I use it alot on my Edge 7 but it's faster to use the power button in my opinion but I also may try the iris scanner too, I didn't have my Note 7 long enough to remember if I liked it or not.
    Also, it will depend on what case I end up with. I ordered a spiegen case that looks like it has a little depth to it which will protect the camera lens which is more important to me anyway. I already went through the horrible experience of my lens cover shattering on my LG V20 because it was raised up but I have a case on my Edge 7 that completely protects the lens and flash so that means I probably won't use the fingerprint scanner unless they make it accessible on the front like its previous predecessors.....
    04-06-2017 08:24 AM
    I'll probably use fingerprint and retina. It's easy to fool face recognition, but fingerprint is much harder to fool, and retina is almost impossible to fool.
    But with the retina you have to be looking at it exactly on point, which is the sole purpose of it but if you wear glasses you have to take them off from the video I watched. And I think it was on the Note 7 and since I wore glasses while reading and such I never pursued it.
    04-06-2017 08:27 AM
    Having used the FPS on both my 6P and my wife's S7s... a rear placement lends itself better to exclusive use than the front in the button. I've gotten so used to just picking up my 6P and having it unlock since my left index finger naturally falls in that location on every phone I've used... so there was zero period of adjustment to use it. I think home button FPS are trash... the way I hold my phones, unlocking with one hand would be very awkward so I have to pick up the phone with one hand and deliberately press the home button with the other.

Now, the S8's location, not sure about that... I'd have to see but just playing with my wife's edge, getting to that location ceases to be an unconscious act and becomes a deliberate one.
    04-06-2017 09:33 AM
    My work requires use of FPS.
    04-06-2017 11:39 AM
    I don't use my phone to pay. I use cc so I would use iris scanner if it is proven to be more secure than facial recognition. I prefer fingerprint in my V20 because I prefer where it is located. I wouldn't want to put fingerprints on the camera lens of my 8+ if I buy one

At this point I am waiting to see Note 8. Then I will decide. If note goes back to 16:9 I would definitely spend the extra $ even though I seldom use spen
    04-06-2017 12:53 PM
    Phone should have VOICE RECOGN4, this would be the ONLY unlocking technique I would consider using to unlock the phone.
    Wait .. You said in the another thread you don't like AI but you are okay with your phone knowing your voice to unlock?
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    04-06-2017 01:17 PM
    But with the retina you have to be looking at it exactly on point, which is the sole purpose of it but if you wear glasses you have to take them off from the video I watched. And I think it was on the Note 7 and since I wore glasses while reading and such I never pursued it.
    You don't have to take your glasses off. You can use it at night as well. A few of my friends had the note7 and they wear glasses and used the iris scanner flawlessly.
    04-06-2017 02:44 PM
    It only prompts you to take off your glasses / contacts during enrollment. Once you get it set up, you can leave your glasses / contacts on to use the feature.
    04-06-2017 03:45 PM
    I plan on using the FPS clearly it will take a learning curve to use. But honestly people are blowing it way out of proportion.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    04-06-2017 08:34 PM
    I figure that I'll use the FPS less as I plan on making the iris scanner my primary.
    04-06-2017 08:39 PM
    Yea I am going to try out face scanning and see if I can spoof it. Really only friends or family could do that because most likely a stranger wouldn't have a picture of you.

I would love to use iris scanning for Sammy Pay, not sure if you have to use FPS.

Most likely I will end up use retina scan for everything.
    04-07-2017 07:35 AM
    I was initially worried about the placement of the fps. Since receiving my case I know where the fps will be and it's a very natural position for my hand size. Even more so then the middle back would be. So, i doubt most people will have any issues with it.
    04-07-2017 09:46 AM
    Yea I am going to try out face scanning and see if I can spoof it. Really only friends or family could do that because most likely a stranger wouldn't have a picture of you.

I would love to use iris scanning for Sammy Pay, not sure if you have to use FPS.

Most likely I will end up use retina scan for everything.
    I used Samsung pay on my note7 and I think you could use the iris scanner, if I remember correctly.
    04-07-2017 02:50 PM
50 12