How many people will only use the Finger Print Scanner on the S8+?

Who really uses this thing anyhow??

• Total voters

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys,

I am curious how many people use the Fingerprint Scanner exclusively to unlock their phone.

I know everyone has to use it for payment tech, but I mean to unlock.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: How many people use the Finger Print Scanner

I'd love to use it and i have it set up, but when i wake up my phone my first instinct is not to put my finger back on the home button.

However i did hear that with the S8+ you don't have to wake the phone to use the finger print scanner? Not sure if that is true, but if that is the case i could totally see myself using it exclusively since all i'd have to do is scan my finger and then bam unlocked phone.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I will more than likely use the iris scanner more than the fingerprint scanner. The iris scanner is one of the features I loved on the n7. I didn't use the fingerprint scanner on my n5 and I have never even set it up on my edge.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I use it on my V20. First time using a FPS as well. Works beautifully! Hope Samsungs is the same.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

The FPS on the S7E is great, super fast and reliable.

thehoz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I have the Nexus 6p, preordered the s8 plus. I use my fingerprint scanner almost exclusively to enter my phone. I also use it for LastPass and online banking and getting in to PayPal etc. I am happy they moved it to the back. The s8 plus looks to me approximately the same size as the 6p. So it won't be much of adjustment for me I don't think.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: How many people only use the Finger Print Scanner on the S8+?

I will use it, but thankfully Google has smartlock which I will have set up to my watch, car and Bluetooth headphones. The experience will be much better for me imo...

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

i use the FPS on all my phones...but since I don't have the S8+ yet.......not sure.....

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

Having small hands there's no way I'll be able to use the FPS.

No biggie since I'm plannjng in using the Iris scanner like I did with my Note 7 w which worked great.

I'll also try the Facial scanner as well but that'll probably be used more for amusement purposes than to actually unlock the phone

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

I've used the fps on my previous notes on and off, but with my v20 it's all I've used. I really like the speed of unlocking the v20 with the fps. It's much faster than my notes were. Hopefully the s8+ will be more in line with the v20.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

I use the FPS all​ the time. But I'm going to give the iris scanner a try since they say it's faster now than the N7.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

I only use the finger print scanner for Samsung Pay. Nothing else.

afh3

May 15, 2015
Visit site

Since I've standardized on Samsung's browser, and their Samsung Pass password storage, I probably use my fingerprint ten or more times a day just in that one app alone.

Along with Samsung Pay, and unlocking the device, and I'm easily at twenty times a day.

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

"How many people only use the Finger Print Scanner on the S8+?"

Uh, don't have my S8+ yet. But use the finger print scanner pretty much exclusively on my S6 edge

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

LOL... ok got me there... Grammar and spelling 0 for 2

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

the Iris unlock on the Note 7 was pretty good...I will probably use that more than the FPS if it works as good as the Note 7...

I have a ZTE Axon 7 with the FPS in the middle of the back under the camera (where this one should have been LOL)...I use this more than the screen lock....

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I use my finger print scanner exclusively right now on my 6P and plan to use it on my S8+.... exclusively? No, I think I might also use the IRIS scanner too. I don't know if you can setup both or how you initiate the Iris scan yet... but I'll figure that all out when they finally do get to my door.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

A lot of people complain about where it's located on the new S8. I really don't care. After doing it a handful of times I will be trained enough so it won't be an issue.