How many people will only use the Finger Print Scanner on the S8+?

Who really uses this thing anyhow??

• Total voters

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Re: How many people only use the Finger Print Scanner on the S8+?

I've always used it as it's been fastest. S7 edge, note 7, and iPhone 6s and 7 have had the best scanners in my opinion. 6s was the best. Thing was like it didn't even have a scanner.

I'll use it in combo with face unlock on s8+.

When I held one at Best Buy my index finger rested on the FPS so we'll see how it goes.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

While I am not getting a S8 or S8 + I can say without a doubt I would use the FPS only.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I won't be using it. Never used it on my s7 edge and the placement of it on the back on the s8 won't make it easy to use.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I'll probably use fingerprint and retina. It's easy to fool face recognition, but fingerprint is much harder to fool, and retina is almost impossible to fool.

heavyvino

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

"How many people only use the Finger Print Scanner on the S8+?"

Uh, don't have my S8+ yet. But use the finger print scanner pretty much exclusively on my S6 edge

I will use it, I can use my nexus 7 one handed.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the Note 7 and wasn't a fan of the Iris/Face Scanner because I wear glasses. I reminded me of Samsung's first attempt on FPS on the S5, that a POS but they worked it out so I'll give it a chance.

If not I have no problems with using the FPS.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I hold my phone, Z Force droid, in my left hand and use the right index finger to unlock on the front, so two hands. I think the back will be easier once I get used to it. With a case it will be easier, I believe, to find the sensor.

In the car, not so much, but many have written than I can make the blue tooth connection automatically unlock the phone. Sounds like a plan.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I will more than likely use the iris scanner more than the fingerprint scanner. The iris scanner is one of the features I loved on the n7. I didn't use the fingerprint scanner on my n5 and I have never even set it up on my edge.

I use it alot on my Edge 7 but it's faster to use the power button in my opinion but I also may try the iris scanner too, I didn't have my Note 7 long enough to remember if I liked it or not.
Also, it will depend on what case I end up with. I ordered a spiegen case that looks like it has a little depth to it which will protect the camera lens which is more important to me anyway. I already went through the horrible experience of my lens cover shattering on my LG V20 because it was raised up but I have a case on my Edge 7 that completely protects the lens and flash so that means I probably won't use the fingerprint scanner unless they make it accessible on the front like its previous predecessors.....

Last edited:

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I'll probably use fingerprint and retina. It's easy to fool face recognition, but fingerprint is much harder to fool, and retina is almost impossible to fool.

But with the retina you have to be looking at it exactly on point, which is the sole purpose of it but if you wear glasses you have to take them off from the video I watched. And I think it was on the Note 7 and since I wore glasses while reading and such I never pursued it.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Having used the FPS on both my 6P and my wife's S7s... a rear placement lends itself better to exclusive use than the front in the button. I've gotten so used to just picking up my 6P and having it unlock since my left index finger naturally falls in that location on every phone I've used... so there was zero period of adjustment to use it. I think home button FPS are trash... the way I hold my phones, unlocking with one hand would be very awkward so I have to pick up the phone with one hand and deliberately press the home button with the other.

Now, the S8's location, not sure about that... I'd have to see but just playing with my wife's edge, getting to that location ceases to be an unconscious act and becomes a deliberate one.