If the S8+ is releasing early, shouldn't we be charged soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Mine is in store pick up... so I will be me.

View attachment 255947
This will be you when the store notifies you to ...... " come on down and pick up your new spanking phone " !!!
747beaecf43790b4d7763f4127dd35d7.gif

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
It's too early to be thinking about this, but I've already been tricked twice into wondering if maybe I was getting it super early. Two nights ago I got a box from Verizon which turned out to be an empty box to send back my trade-in. Then last night I had a door tag from FedEx saying I missed a delivery. I wasn't expecting anything else so I tracked the door tag number then realized the package was actually for my neighbor!

I checked my order status once to make sure the link worked. Don't plan on checking it until at least the 18th.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
very recently, TMobile shipped out the newest LG phone around 2 weeks prior to the originally announced release date.

my last 2 years' Samsung Galaxy flagship phones, the S7 Edge, The S6, all arrived merely 2-3 days prior to the originally announced release date.

my guess is that this time around for the S8+, TMobile will be somewhere between 2 days early and up to 7 days max. it would be overly optimistic to imagine that TMobile will ship out the phone more than 7 days early!!

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
This is quite simply not correct. Target, to name just one example, charges your card for pre-order items well in advance of shipping.
Actually it is correct, possibly depending on the card issuer. Visa and MasterCard both have this in their terms. I haven't looked at Amex, Discover, etc because they aren't my everyday cards.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but they printed labels and charged cards 5 days before they actually shipped the product. That is a violation of credit card terms.
When they print your shipping label they are boxing up your phone for shipment. They aren't going to pack up the phones for shipment without payment first.

The N7, they charged your card up to 5 days early when your shipping label was printed, then they did ship, but has a future deliver date of the release date. So they didn't violate the terms with the credit card, it's shipped with future delivery date. With the s8 we all know release date is the 21st. I would rather them do it this way instead of waiting till the Wednesday before and then start packaging them up, then we at least get the phones on release day.

I would suggest having the funds available on your card a week prior to the 21st, earlier if they do actually surprise us with an earlier delivery date. See it every Pre-order, my order was put on hold or cancelled for denied payment with the excuse I wasn't expecting them to charge my card til the Wednesday before release date.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
When they print your shipping label they are boxing up your phone for shipment. They aren't going to pack up the phones for shipment without payment first.

The N7, they charged your card up to 5 days early when your shipping label was printed, then they did ship, but has a future deliver date of the release date. So they didn't violate the terms with the credit card, it's shipped with future delivery date. With the s8 we all know release date is the 21st. I would rather them do it this way instead of waiting till the Wednesday before and then start packaging them up, then we at least get the phones on release day.

I would suggest having the funds available on your card a week prior to the 21st, earlier if they do actually surprise us with an earlier delivery date. See it every Pre-order, my order was put on hold or cancelled for denied payment with the excuse I wasn't expecting them to charge my card til the Wednesday before release date.
IF the charge to the cards was the shipping fee, I might agree.

But it wasn't. They were charging for the down payment, or in some cases the full amount of the device, with no plans to actually ship the device for 5 days. That is not considered shipped and even UPS will tell you that. Label created does not equal shipped.

As for future delivery, it's my understanding that's an option for the receiver, not the shipper. Future pick-up is an option for the shipper. So Tmobile scheduling future pick-up is not shipping the item.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Actually it is correct, possibly depending on the card issuer. Visa and MasterCard both have this in their terms. I haven't looked at Amex, Discover, etc because they aren't my everyday cards.

Going to just have to agree to disagree I guess. I got charged for my Nintendo switch in January. I think it's up to the vendor and most probably don't charge until they ship because it's good customer service. People pay for things all the time in credit cards before goods or services are delivered.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Going to just have to agree to disagree I guess. I got charged for my Nintendo switch in January. I think it's up to the vendor and most probably don't charge until they ship because it's good customer service. People pay for things all the time in credit cards before goods or services are delivered.
It might be up the retailer whether they follow the rules but those that don't are certainly in violation of the card issuer agreement. Whether they get called on it is the risk they take.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Typically I see Verizon charging the day of shipment or the day before. Therefore i don't expect anyone on Verizon to get charged this week.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Typically I see Verizon charging the day of shipment or the day before. Therefore i don't expect anyone on Verizon to get charged this week.
I remember them charging early for the N7. That future delivery was different. Usually when the shipping label is printed the phone ships that day. From what I remember a lot of phones were in the shippers hands for a few days, but not 100% sure

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
This is quite simply not correct. Target, to name just one example, charges your card for pre-order items well in advance of shipping.

Unless they clearly state that this is a special order deposit then they're in violation of payment card industry rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech