04-08-2017 11:28 PM
33 12
tools
    It's too bad I despise the curved edges because the display is beautiful
    04-08-2017 09:47 AM
    I'm a Note lover and have the Note 4. It's been a great phone but getting long in the tooth. The S8+ looks good to me, but I will wait for the Note 8 to come out and then decide. Besides, when the Note 8 comes out maybe the S8+ will have dropped price. That is unless the Note 8 is such a knock out phone over the S8+. Then all bets are off.
    04-08-2017 11:25 AM
    Same here..There are so many "apple" people at my work. I can't wait to show them what real innovation looks like when I get my s8+ Not only am I excited for myself to have the phone but I also can't wait to show it off
    What if you show up at work with your new phone only to see that all the "Apple" people jumped ship and have their own S8/S8+? Wouldn't that be something
    michellebjohn likes this.
    04-08-2017 11:56 AM
    I just came from the Verizon store and I agree it's really nice. I have a Note 5 and side by side the S8+ wasn't much taller. There's a lot to love about it.

Unfortunately it's Verizon and once again core features from Samsung are not available. If you didn't live through this with the Note 7 then you can read this to catch up: http://www.droid-life.com/2016/08/22...o-good-reason/

Bottom line: if you are looking at the Verizon variant you need to look at it in a Verizon store. When I looked at the Note 7 in Best Buy it had all the features Samsung promised (Samsung Cloud, new settings menu, etc.) but then when I saw it in a Verizon store it was very different. That's my advice to all prospective Verizon customers.

I'm tempted to get the models that are not tied to a carrier that are out May 5th. Does anyone know if those models have any limitations when run on Verizon's network? Does HD calling work? Samsung Pay? I should probably post a new thread for this question but figured I'd throw it out there.
    04-08-2017 03:08 PM
    I just came from the Verizon store and I agree it's really nice. I have a Note 5 and side by side the S8+ wasn't much taller. There's a lot to love about it.

Unfortunately it's Verizon and once again core features from Samsung are not available. If you didn't live through this with the Note 7 then you can read this to catch up: http://www.droid-life.com/2016/08/22...o-good-reason/

Bottom line: if you are looking at the Verizon variant you need to look at it in a Verizon store. When I looked at the Note 7 in Best Buy it had all the features Samsung promised (Samsung Cloud, new settings menu, etc.) but then when I saw it in a Verizon store it was very different. That's my advice to all prospective Verizon customers.

I'm tempted to get the models that are not tied to a carrier that are out May 5th. Does anyone know if those models have any limitations when run on Verizon's network? Does HD calling work? Samsung Pay? I should probably post a new thread for this question but figured I'd throw it out there.
    Ugh. Verizon neutered it again? That's ticks me off. This is why i love my iPhone 7 Plus. Verizon can't touch it and mess around with it.
    04-08-2017 03:24 PM

I think everything but wifi calling worked last time around. Between that and EVEN slower updates, it was a no go for me. If they ever get it together with their unlocked version, I'll get that one.
    04-08-2017 05:23 PM
    Yeah I went to take a look at my local Best Buy. I'm sold. I've never had a Samsung device, I've been with LG since the Optimus G and it's time to move on. Super sleek phone and the software actually looks fantastic. Though I'll still be using my Action Launcher/Nova rotation, I might put it's stock launcher into the rotation.
    04-08-2017 05:30 PM
    S8 plus
    Definitely best phone in the market
    Cant wait for it to get here
    Delivery date says 04/20
    04-08-2017 11:28 PM
33 12