My thoughts on the S8 & S8+ after playing with it in the Verizon Store Yesterday

PoloNupe3

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
Since I pre-ordered my S8+ I was curious as to what the phone was really going to look and feel like in my hand. Samsung phones is the only phones I've ever used, everyone in my home has IPhones. I've had every note that samsung has released and after the Note 7 debacle went back to my old note 3 until the new release of the S8.

OK so enough of that, I'm sure you all could care less about my history just tell use about the damn phone dude lol. OK so my thoughts "This phone is going to change the Cell Phone Game" When I picked it up (S8+) I didn't want to put it down, I was thinking the phone was going to be huge but its really not, its about the same size IMO as the note 7 but its all screen. It looks better than any phone ever released, truly a thing of beauty!
The pictures were flawless, accessing websites took a split second to load and the home button is perfection!! I've heard some complain that the finger scanner is to high or in an awkward position, its not unless you have Donald Trump hands:D. Even someone with normal size hands can easily reach the scanner on the back and its located in a natural position for right handers (back left side beside camera). I think it will become very easy to get use to if thats how you prefer to access you locked phone. I could go on and on about this phone but I'll save you some reading and just say on April 21st the way we look at phones will change and I'm too excited!!! The display was the artic silver (same as i ordered) and it looked like a showroom floor Mercedes Benz (Ok that was corny but you get what I'm saying).

If you pre-ordered or if you're going to order, be ready for a treat people!!!! The S8 and Plus is about to change the cell phone world!!!!

mysamsungs7e

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Since I pre-ordered my S8+ I was curious as to what the phone was really going to look and feel like in my hand. Samsung phones is the only phones I've ever used, everyone in my home has IPhones. I've had every note that samsung has released and after the Note 7 debacle went back to my old note 3 until the new release of the S8.

OK so enough of that, I'm sure you all could care less about my history just tell use about the damn phone dude lol. OK so my thoughts "This phone is going to change the Cell Phone Game" When I picked it up (S8+) I didn't want to put it down, I was thinking the phone was going to be huge but its really not, its about the same size IMO as the note 7 but its all screen. It looks better than any phone ever released, truly a thing of beauty!
The pictures were flawless, accessing websites took a split second to load and the home button is perfection!! I've heard some complain that the finger scanner is to high or in an awkward position, its not unless you have Donald Trump hands:D. Even someone with normal size hands can easily reach the scanner on the back and its located in a natural position for right handers (back left side beside camera). I think it will become very easy to get use to if thats how you prefer to access you locked phone. I could go on and on about this phone but I'll save you some reading and just say on April 21st the way we look at phones will change and I'm too excited!!! The display was the artic silver (same as i ordered) and it looked like a showroom floor Mercedes Benz (Ok that was corny but you get what I'm saying).

If you pre-ordered or if you're going to order, be ready for a treat people!!!! The S8 and Plus is about to change the cell phone world!!!!

Loved your post! I'm getting the Orchid Gray. Excited is an understatement!

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

I played with one at Best Buy and pretty much echoed your thoughts. It is only about 3 or 4 mm longer than my iPhone 6s Plus and about the same narrower. I'm a left handed user and had no problem using the fingerprint scanner. Because it is slightly recessed, you know that you are not touching the camera.

Oh and yes, I have already pre-ordered mine...midnight black 15 days and counting... muahahaha!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Sounds great!

I'll probably get around to playing one, though I probably wouldn't get one as a daily driver since I have been using a Moto Z for the past few months and haven't felt the need to upgrade.

That said, I have no doubts that a lot of people will be very happy with their Galaxy S8s and trust me, I will feel quite jealous. xD

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I feel the same way you do! I've heard several people compare this phone to the Note 7 which I was so in love with and I was trying to hold out for the Note 8 but that is too far off so I'm taking the chance and getting the 8+. I got my case and screen protector today so I'll be ready when it gets here!

keno101

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Just got back from best buy took a female friend who could care less about phone tech. She was blown away so much so she preordered one on the spot. She's an everyday consumer so no leaked footage no watch the release a few weeks back. This was get first experience and her exact words were "ive never seeb anything like this" i must have it. I wasnt going to buy it and wait for the Note but i gotta have it. Its a game changer

Soggly

May 31, 2013
Visit site
It sounds incredible, still haven't seen it and there aren't any stores around me that have any on display, April 21st hurry up.. 😧

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
It sounds incredible, still haven't seen it and there aren't any stores around me that have any on display, April 21st hurry up.. 😧

I have the same problem I don't why the would not want to put display models everywhere? People want to see and feel it before they buy

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Just got back from best buy took a female friend who could care less about phone tech. She was blown away so much so she preordered one on the spot. She's an everyday consumer so no leaked footage no watch the release a few weeks back. This was get first experience and her exact words were "ive never seeb anything like this" i must have it. I wasnt going to buy it and wait for the Note but i gotta have it. Its a game changer

Same here..There are so many "apple" people at my work. I can't wait to show them what real innovation looks like when I get my s8+:) Not only am I excited for myself to have the phone but I also can't wait to show it off

Gunrack

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been using a Moto X Pure since it's release. It has a 5.8 inch screen and while I love it, it is quite big in the hand. So, I ordered the 8+ and was interested to see how it compared to the Moto. I went to best buy and tried out the display model. I was very pleased to hold this new phone! It is actually noticeably narrower than my Moto but has that gorgeous tall screen! I think it's going to be a game changer.

Interesting too that Samsung is going to be making all of the screens for the Apple 8. I wouldn't be surprised to see it with the longer aspect ratio.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
most likely if you are on the fence and go look at it you will buy it. I have heard very few bad in hand reviews of this phone.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: My thoughts on the S8 & S8+ after playing with it in the Verizon Store Yesterday

Is the silver, a bright and shiny one like the note 7 one? I'm leaning toward the Orchid Grey, and was happy they had one on display in that color. It's different then the others and that's good. Would have loved a pink or red, but a case of that color will work. Lol

I went yesterday to local att store and looked at it and size. I didn't feel it was to big in my hand, I'm a gal with medium sized hands, I think.
I will buy one on the 21st, no reason form me to order as they didn't have anything I wanted. I would like a watch though. 😊

I enjoyed your review of the phone, thanks.

Oh and by the way my husband and I are only ones in our family with Samsung phones. Rest of them are all iPhone users. Lol

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
This is why I went to Best Buy only once to check it out and then only for a couple of minutes...Going too often is like watching too many trailers for an upcoming blockbuster...I don't want to spoil it.

BTW, I ordered orchid gray but I came really close to the silver...there's something very sleek about that color.

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Re: My thoughts on the S8 & S8+ after playing with it in the Verizon Store Yesterday

Is the silver, a bright and shiny one like the note 7 one?
At the Best Buy I went to, they had a silver S7 right next to the silver S8. The S8 silver is not as shiny as the silver on the S7, which AFAIK was the same exact color on the Note 7. To me the silver S8 looked a little darker overall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton