04-18-2017 03:42 PM
149 12345 ...
tools
    I'm really confused by some folks who are complaining about the phone that they don't have to buy. If it had features I didn't want, Samsung or not - I wouldn't buy it. That was precisely the reason I didn't buy a Note 5 despite having many Galaxy phones.

Thanks in another thread, there is complaining about the taller size when there is a smaller size available. Huh?

People who don't like it shouldn't get it. It's a lot of money to put down to get a phone you are already disappointed about.
    Could be they wanted to buy it but are disappointed or confused by some of the decisions and are either trying to understand stuff and get it anyways or just need to talk about their frustration or any number of things.
    04-07-2017 08:59 AM
    Could be they wanted to buy it but are disappointed or confused by some of the decisions and are either trying to understand stuff and get it anyways or just need to talk about their frustration or any number of things.
    But, that is where it doesn't makes sense. There is another phone out there that doesn't have the screen or fingerprint reachability issues - the S8. It's not like there isn't another option.
    04-07-2017 09:08 AM
    But, that is where it doesn't makes sense. There is another phone out there that doesn't have the screen or fingerprint reachability issues - the S8. It's not like there isn't another option.
    All of those have compromises about them too though, there isn't a perfect phone, so for a lot of people choosing one can be more about choosing the one that has the least annoying compromises, whichever is going to be easier to live with. If it's a situation where they love everything about a phone except x and y, and if x and y are important, but no other device matches the everything else, I can see being frustrated with that.
    04-07-2017 09:12 AM
    Samsung does the same in regards to targeted advertising etc.
    From Feb 2015. About SAMSUNG - SAMSUNG
    Samsung does not do the same as Google - they say on that link that they share information with their business partners. So that's completely unacceptable and inappropriate.
    04-07-2017 09:38 AM
    Samsung does not do the same as Google - they say on that link that they share information with their business partners. So that's completely unacceptable and inappropriate.
    https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/

"Cookies and similar technologies

We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Google service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our partners, such as advertising services or Google features that may appear on other sites. Our Google Analytics product helps businesses and site owners analyze the traffic to their websites and apps. When used in conjunction with our advertising services, such as those using the DoubleClick cookie, Google Analytics information is linked, by the Google Analytics customer or by Google, using Google technology, with information about visits to multiple sites."
    04-07-2017 09:51 AM
    I'm kind of in agreement with the OP. It's a stunning phone, but I have a perfectly good phone that's not having any problems that's I'm already have on JoD. I added the S8+ on a regular installment plan. So for me it's more that I'm unsure I want to pay for 2 phones at one time. I"m gonna wait till I get it though before I make a final decision.
    04-07-2017 09:58 AM
    https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/

"Cookies and similar technologies

We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Google service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our partners, such as advertising services or Google features that may appear on other sites. Our Google Analytics product helps businesses and site owners analyze the traffic to their websites and apps. When used in conjunction with our advertising services, such as those using the DoubleClick cookie, Google Analytics information is linked, by the Google Analytics customer or by Google, using Google technology, with information about visits to multiple sites."
    We are not talking about the same thing. Web traffic analytics and sharing user data with third parties is not equivalent.
    04-07-2017 10:08 AM
    If anyone thinks any of these companies are not sharing your info, I have a bridge I want to sell you. Almost the entire reason these devices exist, is to do just that. And it's about to get worse.
    The Phone Company and T48 like this.
    04-07-2017 10:21 AM
    If anyone thinks any of these companies are not sharing your info, I have a bridge I want to sell you. Almost the entire reason these devices exist, is to do just that. And it's about to get worse.
    Google doesn't give themselves permission to share your data without your express consent. Apple does give themself permission but doesn't do it. Microsoft gives themselves permission and does it. Samsung gives themselves permission; I don't know if they do or do not actually sell/share personal data. All 4 of these are different states of behavior with differing levels of ease of acceptance. Google's is good, Apple's is tolerable unless it changes, Microsoft's is not tolerable and Samsung's is unknown, but falls either into the Apple or Microsoft category.
    AustinTech and DMP89145 like this.
    04-07-2017 10:31 AM
    Why not just try it out? You can always return if not satisfied
    I thought about this but isn't their a restocking fee around $50?
    04-07-2017 12:11 PM
    I thought about this but isn't their a restocking fee around $50?
    Most companies will wave that fee. Now that 2 year contracts are a thing of the past, the consumer has more power within the 14 day return period.
    EMGSM likes this.
    04-07-2017 12:34 PM
    T-Mobile charges a $50 restock fee
    04-07-2017 12:35 PM
    There are ways around that. Trust me.
    04-07-2017 12:36 PM
    There are ways around that. Trust me.
    Depends if you get the right rep. Sometimes yes .. sometimes no.
    04-07-2017 12:43 PM
    Yep. During the first year it's always great, and after that you just learn to deal with the shortcomings.

But divorce is so expensive that ... uh... wait... this is about phones, right?
    jshah500 likes this.
    04-07-2017 01:11 PM
    Depends if you get the right rep. Sometimes yes .. sometimes no.
    This is what I don't like. They are not all on the same page.
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-07-2017 01:13 PM
    Yep. During the first year it's always great, and after that you just learn to deal with the shortcomings.

But divorce is so expensive that ... uh... wait... this is about phones, right?
    Either or...
    04-07-2017 03:34 PM
    Sam-Sun(G)
    04-07-2017 05:44 PM
    Does that include the 20 days buyers remorse deal? The rep mentioned it the other day. Never really looked into it though.
    04-07-2017 05:49 PM
    Does that include the 20 days buyers remorse deal? The rep mentioned it the other day. Never really looked into it though.
    If you order online, Tforce, phone, the phone gets mailed back under buyers remorse and no restocking fee.

In store purchases returned under 14 days get the restocking fee.
    04-07-2017 05:59 PM
    If you order online, Tforce, phone, the phone gets mailed back under buyers remorse and no restocking fee.

Oh ok. I ordered technically online through a combo of chat window and phone call.
    04-07-2017 06:05 PM
    Oh ok. I ordered technically online through a combo of chat window and phone call.
    Yep. I think they need you to be on the phone at one point just to verify the information and confirm credit card and shipping address.
    04-08-2017 08:36 AM

Thanks for the info.
    04-08-2017 05:46 PM
    "just because you don't want it doesn't mean everyone else is in the same boat so they usually go with the majority. The majority shows that consumers want AI (Echo, Google Home, Google Assistant, Bixby, etc.) '

Which part of NONE OF US asked for Bixby did you not pick up on?

"This is the same thing as people wanting removable batteries -- Samsung dropped it... So either you go with it / live with it or you buy another phone that supports removable batteries. They went with the majority of consumers don't care about them."

I think you've outed yourself as a shill, NO ONE wanted unremoveable batteries.
    I now know who and what you are so I will no longer reply to you.
    I hate removable batteries and love AI you sound like a craxy person.
    ClintRo likes this.
    04-08-2017 06:07 PM
    That's technically correct but what you fail to take into account is that there are Samsung users who don't won't to look elsewhere and want to specifically buy Samsung phones-just like a typical Apple user.

I'm personally one of them. I still have a Galaxy S5 and am looking to replace it with another Samsung. This is the reason people get so frustrated as for some, Samsung is their only real option. I personally just like all the features over and above other Android phones and prefer having a phone that has the best features like the camera plus extra like iris scanning, Bixby etc.

Also, when my Galaxy S5 is still running perfectly after almost 3 years it encourages me to buy Samsung again. Though I won't get Nougat, I am still getting regular security patch updates which encourages me again. If I buy a Oneplus for e.g., which I'm sure is a good phone at a cheaper price, will I still get security patch updates in 3 yrs time?

Basically, I trust the biggest Android OEM for a combination of features, performance and longevity. The price doesn't concern me.
    amyf27, Wildo6882 and xsikal like this.
    04-08-2017 06:37 PM
149 12345 ...