04-18-2017 03:42 PM
149 ... 23456
tools
    That's technically correct but what you fail to take into account is that there are Samsung users who don't won't to look elsewhere and want to specifically buy Samsung phones-just like a typical Apple user.

I'm personally one of them. I still have a Galaxy S5 and am looking to replace it with another Samsung. This is the reason people get so frustrated as for some, Samsung is their only real option. I personally just like all the features over and above other Android phones and prefer having a phone that has the best features like the camera plus extra like iris scanning, Bixby etc.

Also, when my Galaxy S5 is still running perfectly after almost 3 years it encourages me to buy Samsung again. Though I won't get Nougat, I am still getting regular security patch updates which encourages me again. If I buy a Oneplus for e.g., which I'm sure is a good phone at a cheaper price, will I still get security patch updates in 3 yrs time?

Basically, I trust the biggest Android OEM for a combination of features, performance and longevity. The price doesn't concern me.
    When I said other options I meant the S8.
    04-08-2017 08:00 PM
    I hate removable batteries and love AI you sound like a craxy person.
    Ha ha ha... I know right! That's the only thing that bothers me with AI. I start talking and people will look at being the only person in the room.
    04-08-2017 09:16 PM
    People have and will continue to be hit by buyers remorse.

For me as I've mentioned before in other posts I'm not an early adopter and prefer to wait and watch to see how the phone does in real world usage. Definite hat tip to those early adopters.

Also waiting to see what the Note 8 brings before I pull the trigger.
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-10-2017 01:58 PM
    We all were dazzled by the hype of the new S8(+) but now the dust has settled this Bixby thing is really starting to bug me. No one asked for it, but it's being "sideloaded" into our new devices by default. I mean I really don't want 'Artificial Intelligence' "getting to know me" whether that be shopping habits, what time I wake up, whatever this thing does (in the background).
    I have pre-ordered the S8+ solely on the basis of being an existing Note 4 owner and a pre-ordered Note 7 customer who never got to experience the Note 7. I am looking forward to the screen, the camera, etc. But now seeing the text doesn't even go to the edges it appears even narrower and makes the S7 Edge look better. As a graphic designer I have never like using Condensed Font, but this tall phone seems to be all about stretched out of shape distorted screen ratio. Are they intentionally making this phone with glaringly obvious "mishaps" so when it comes to the next model such as Note 8 or S9 they will "fix" what we considered wrong with this now here S8?
    We really need to have a say in what we want in our phones and not just blindly take what these companies spoon feed us by telling us "we listened" "we know you will want this feature".
    Still. I am going ahead and looking forward to finally getting this new phone…
    I m a graphic artist too and the esthetics of the phone appeal to me. But I agree I don't like condensed font either. I think as we get used to using the phone it will be a joy to use.
    The Phone Company likes this.
    04-11-2017 10:00 AM
    This looks like a substantial upgrade
    In regards to some key things that matter: 64 GB storage to start, better camera and faster processor. Those things alone enticed me. Oh and Gigabite LTE.
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-11-2017 10:08 AM
    I am. I wish I would have pre-ordered on the first day instead of the second day.
    04-11-2017 10:15 AM
    You know what, I like Samsung, but mostly for the hardware side. I have no regrets however, if the Pixel had smaller bezels, waterproofing, and wireless charging I would jump ship in a second. What I really want is the S8+ with stock android on it. Offer all the S-crap as apps and let me choose what to add..... as MKHD says S8+ Google Play edition.
    04-11-2017 10:22 AM
    At the the moment the only second thoughts I'm having is in regards to the size I have chosen. However, this could change when we all start getting our phones. I'll just have to wait and see.
    I am having the same issue. I currently have a Note 4....never used the S pen, so that's not important to me. I wanted a slightly smaller phone than the note 4... a little less tall. I thought the S8 was going to be perfect. I pre ordered it the first day and then a few days later went into the store to check them out.

So just looking at it, I don't think to much of it, but when I start comparing it to my note 4, and how much narrower the S8 is I am wondering if I am not going to like it and regret my decision. I keep thinking 'maybe I should go ahead and get the S8+ since it is more the width I am use to"

I know this shouldn't be this hard but I am currently kind of bugged by it
    04-11-2017 10:26 AM
    I would go back (with your Note) and check out the phones again and compare the size and how they feel in your hand. Hopefully it helps you to make the decision the makes you happy before they start shipping. If anything, you could try it out and if you don't like it, you could return it. Just know that you might get charged a restocking fee.
    04-11-2017 11:26 AM
    I have evil friends that whisper evil things into my ear all the time ... Some may be trying to make me give my G6 back for an S8+ .. Ugh :o.
    blaine07 likes this.
    04-11-2017 11:53 AM
    I have evil friends that whisper evil things into my ear all the time ... Some may be trying to make me give my G6 back for an S8+ .. Ugh :o.
    I'm pretty sure you will give in and get the S8+ 😀
    04-11-2017 12:16 PM
    I'm pretty sure you will give in and get the S8+ 😀
    I probably will. He's talking me into it lol. The credits for the free G6 will still apply for the s8+ if I got it.. ugh. I have evil friends.
    04-11-2017 12:17 PM
    I probably will. He's talking me into it lol. The credits for the free G6 will still apply for the s8+ if I got it.. ugh. I have evil friends.
    Got the G6 Sunday but not feeling it that much. I think I'm going to return it and keep the Pixel XL along with S8+. Initially was planning to sell Pixel and keep G6/S8+. But going to keep the Pixel XL/S8+ instead.
    04-11-2017 12:19 PM
    Got the G6 Sunday but not feeling it that much. I think I'm going to return it and keep the Pixel XL along with S8+. Initially was planning to sell Pixel and keep G6/S8+. But going to keep the Pixel XL/S8+ instead.
    My only gripe with it is camera launch speed. It's slow.. once up it's okay but trying to quick snap pictures of my nephew isn't possible.
    04-11-2017 12:20 PM
    My only gripe with it is camera launch speed. It's slow.. once up it's okay but trying to quick snap pictures of my nephew isn't possible.
    Other than wide angle I'm actually liking the pics from Pixel better and also why LG only 32 GB. Overall solid but minor gripes here and there.
    04-11-2017 12:24 PM
    Other than wide angle I'm actually liking the pics from Pixel better and also why LG only 32 GB. Overall solid but minor gripes here and there.
    Yeah they were better quality for sure. I was still fine with the G6. The wide angle was definitely fun ... I had fun taking pics at parties with ease and fitting a lot more in.
    04-11-2017 12:35 PM
    I keep toying with the idea of the Huawei Mate 9 but I don't want to give up Verizon. In my area it's a lot better than the others.
    04-11-2017 02:19 PM
    I'm just hoping I don't regret locking into monthly payments with the s8+ and then regretting it when the note 8 comes out. I can't afford to switch.
    04-11-2017 03:31 PM
    I'm just hoping I don't regret locking into monthly payments with the s8+ and then regretting it when the note 8 comes out. I can't afford to switch.
    which carrier are you through?
    04-11-2017 04:28 PM
    So, have you decided yet whether your going to get an S8+ or not?

Or is this an ongoing battle with no ending in sight?
    04-12-2017 10:55 AM
    I'm disappointed with the S8+ price in my region, quite a lot higher than Note 7. So have decided to wait for Note 8. It might be even higher than S8+, but I want a damn good phone (which I think Note 8 will be) if I am going to spend such money.
    So In your expert opinion the S8 will not be a damn good phone? When the Note 8 is announced you'll be one of the scabs that says.... I think I'll wait to see what the Note 9 brings. Claiming the Note 8 is "too pricey."
    04-12-2017 10:59 AM
    So, have you decided yet whether your going to get an S8+ or not?

Or is this an ongoing battle with no ending in sight?
    I am sure I will be snagging an S8 + soon from Verizon.
    04-12-2017 11:02 AM
    I am sure I will be snagging an S8 + soon from Verizon.
    I think it will be a worthy upgrade from the G6👍 I wish I could snag one myself😔
    amyf27 likes this.
    04-12-2017 11:07 AM
    I think it will be a worthy upgrade from the G6 I wish I could snag one myself
    An S8 +?
    04-12-2017 11:16 AM
    An S8 +?
    Yes, S8+.
    04-12-2017 11:19 AM
149 ... 23456