Anyone else having second thoughts?

Rob Chew

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I haven't pre-ordered, but with my S6 Active and S7 Active working just fine along with my LG V10 for music I see no compelling reason to upgrade. I'll certainly take a good look at the Note 8 when it is announced.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Certain brands of phones slow down over time because they are designed that way! They are programmed to do so so that you will feel compelled to buy a new phone. Let's face it...there's nothing really "new" on any of these phones in the last two or three years. Unless of course you use them to play games or watch videos. I have a TV for watching movies and videos. Now imagine if your phone from three years ago still ran as fast as it did brand new and all you used it for was to SURPRISE...make a phone call, or send an email, or text someone, or use GPS, or do some banking.....in that case you would not really need to upgrade and all these phone companies that are charging exorbitant prices would go out of business. Simple greed.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
If you don't want it then just disable it or get another phone. Companies are going to move forward with tech -- not backwards.
Dude, we have been using cell phones for decades now. I started out in Samsung touchscreen with the Finesse and the Caliber, then S2, Note 2, Note 4.
All these were fine WITHOUT artificial intelligence.
You don't just blindly accept what is forced down our throats because "that's just the way it is". NO ONE asked for Bixby. I for one don't want it. I don't want my Iris scanned, my face recognized, my fingerprints sensed. Samsung themselves have warned about the vulnerabilities with their own "smart TV's", this isn't tin foil hat talk, this is coming from someone who isn't ignorant. Someone who knows EXACTLY what is going on and what the end game agenda is.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Dude, we have been using cell phones for decades now. I started out in Samsung touchscreen with the Finesse and the Caliber, then S2, Note 2, Note 4.
You don't just blindly accept what is forced down our throats because "that's just the way it is". NO ONE asked for Bixby. I for one don't want it. I don't want my Iris scanned, my face recognized, my fingerprints sensed. Samsung themselves have warned about the vulnerabilities with their own "smart TV's", this isn't tin foil hat talk, this is coming from someone who isn't ignorant. Someone who knows EXACTLY what is going on and what the end game agenda is.

And who is forcing it down your throat? Samsung is forcing you to buy their phone? Last I checked they aren't so I don't see how it is being forced. They're upgrading and changing technology .. If you don't like it then vote with your wallet and don't buy it.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

So disable it or don't buy the phone? Also stay away from Nexus/Pixel devices because if you feel this strongly about Bixby, I can only imagine how you feel about Google Now.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
So disable it or don't buy the phone? Also stay away from Nexus/Pixel devices because if you feel this strongly about Bixby, I can only imagine how you feel about Google Now.

Oh so that is the logical answer then, buy Samsung phones for years, having "faith" in their models, looking forward to the next one knowing full well the lifespan of your current one is limited to a couple of years, especially considering the contract you sign up to is 2 years, only to be told "we are not just giving you better screen, but we have decided we are going to include INTRUSIONS" and whereas thanks for the 1,000's of dollars you've been spending on our products over the years, but "if you don't like our new model, don't buy it, simple, good bye"

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh so that is the logical answer then, buy Samsung phones for years, having "faith" in their models, looking forward to the next one knowing full well the lifespan of your current one is limited to a couple of years, especially considering the contract you sign up to is 2 years, only to be told "we are not just giving you better screen, but we have decided we are going to include INTRUSIONS" and whereas thanks for the 1,000's of dollars you've been spending on our products over the years, but "if you don't like our new model, don't buy it, simple, good bye"

I just fail to see why it is a big deal I guess. Software and tech is going to move forward -- just because you don't want it doesn't mean everyone else is in the same boat so they usually go with the majority. The majority shows that consumers want AI (Echo, Google Home, Google Assistant, Bixby, etc.) so you really only have two options. Either buy the phone and disable it or don't buy the phone. They aren't going to hold off tech simply because a few people don't like it -- otherwise things would never change.

This is the same thing as people wanting removable batteries -- Samsung dropped it... So either you go with it / live with it or you buy another phone that supports removable batteries. They went with the majority of consumers don't care about them.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I just fail to see why it is a big deal I guess. Software and tech is going to move forward -- just because you don't want it doesn't mean everyone else is in the same boat so they usually go with the majority. The majority shows that consumers want AI (Echo, Google Home, Google Assistant, Bixby, etc.) so you really only have two options. Either buy the phone and disable it or don't buy the phone. They aren't going to hold off tech simply because a few people don't like it -- otherwise things would never change.

This is the same thing as people wanting removable batteries -- Samsung dropped it... So either you go with it / live with it or you buy another phone that supports removable batteries. They went with the majority of consumers don't care about them.

"just because you don't want it doesn't mean everyone else is in the same boat so they usually go with the majority. The majority shows that consumers want AI (Echo, Google Home, Google Assistant, Bixby, etc.) '

Which part of NONE OF US asked for Bixby did you not pick up on?

"This is the same thing as people wanting removable batteries -- Samsung dropped it... So either you go with it / live with it or you buy another phone that supports removable batteries. They went with the majority of consumers don't care about them."

I think you've outed yourself as a shill, NO ONE wanted unremoveable batteries.
I now know who and what you are so I will no longer reply to you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Which part of NONE OF US asked for Bixby did you not pick up on?

Where do you pull this from? I don't see your source that no one wants AI. I see you claim you don't want AI at all but I don't see how you have come to the conclusion that absolutely "NO ONE" wants AI.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think you've outed yourself as a shill, NO ONE wanted unremoveable batteries.
I now know who and what you are so I will no longer reply to you.

Did I say people wanted embedded? No. I said Samsung pushed forward with tech / design and decided to go with embedded because they wanted "X" design (Curved displays)... so people that LIKED that feature had to go elsewhere. Samsung figured the small percent that wants removable is worth saying cya to in order to have their phones have that design that makes everyone say "Wow that is beautiful!"

Please don't try and make it like I said something I didn't ;).

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Google does have the benefit of not being willing to sell user data. I'm actually not sure if Samsung has the same policy or not. Good question.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Did I say people wanted embedded? No. I said Samsung pushed forward with tech / design and decided to go with embedded because they wanted "X" design (Curved displays)... so people that LIKED that feature had to go elsewhere. Samsung figured the small percent that wants removable is worth saying cya to in order to have their phones have that design that makes everyone say "Wow that is beautiful!"

Please don't try and make it like I said something I didn't ;).

People are getting grumpy; not sure why. Let's all just eat some tacos and be together, not the same.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Google does have the benefit of not being willing to sell user data. I'm actually not sure if Samsung has the same policy or not. Good question.

It would be nice to see the Terms. Hopefully once a few people get it they can post what it says.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7