Anyone else having second thoughts?

afh3

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Yep. During the first year it's always great, and after that you just learn to deal with the shortcomings.

But divorce is so expensive that ... uh... wait... this is about phones, right?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Does that include the 20 days buyers remorse deal? The rep mentioned it the other day. Never really looked into it though.
If you order online, Tforce, phone, the phone gets mailed back under buyers remorse and no restocking fee.

In store purchases returned under 14 days get the restocking fee.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
If you order online, Tforce, phone, the phone gets mailed back under buyers remorse and no restocking fee.

In store purchases returned under 14 days get the restocking fee.
Oh ok. I ordered technically online through a combo of chat window and phone call.

keno101

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
"just because you don't want it doesn't mean everyone else is in the same boat so they usually go with the majority. The majority shows that consumers want AI (Echo, Google Home, Google Assistant, Bixby, etc.) '

Which part of NONE OF US asked for Bixby did you not pick up on?

"This is the same thing as people wanting removable batteries -- Samsung dropped it... So either you go with it / live with it or you buy another phone that supports removable batteries. They went with the majority of consumers don't care about them."

I think you've outed yourself as a shill, NO ONE wanted unremoveable batteries.
I now know who and what you are so I will no longer reply to you.
I hate removable batteries and love AI you sound like a craxy person.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
But, that is where it doesn't makes sense. There is another phone out there that doesn't have the screen or fingerprint reachability issues - the S8. It's not like there isn't another option.

That's technically correct but what you fail to take into account is that there are Samsung users who don't won't to look elsewhere and want to specifically buy Samsung phones-just like a typical Apple user.

I'm personally one of them. I still have a Galaxy S5 and am looking to replace it with another Samsung. This is the reason people get so frustrated as for some, Samsung is their only real option. I personally just like all the features over and above other Android phones and prefer having a phone that has the best features like the camera plus extra like iris scanning, Bixby etc.

Also, when my Galaxy S5 is still running perfectly after almost 3 years it encourages me to buy Samsung again. Though I won't get Nougat, I am still getting regular security patch updates which encourages me again. If I buy a Oneplus for e.g., which I'm sure is a good phone at a cheaper price, will I still get security patch updates in 3 yrs time?

Basically, I trust the biggest Android OEM for a combination of features, performance and longevity. The price doesn't concern me.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
That's technically correct but what you fail to take into account is that there are Samsung users who don't won't to look elsewhere and want to specifically buy Samsung phones-just like a typical Apple user.

I'm personally one of them. I still have a Galaxy S5 and am looking to replace it with another Samsung. This is the reason people get so frustrated as for some, Samsung is their only real option. I personally just like all the features over and above other Android phones and prefer having a phone that has the best features like the camera plus extra like iris scanning, Bixby etc.

Also, when my Galaxy S5 is still running perfectly after almost 3 years it encourages me to buy Samsung again. Though I won't get Nougat, I am still getting regular security patch updates which encourages me again. If I buy a Oneplus for e.g., which I'm sure is a good phone at a cheaper price, will I still get security patch updates in 3 yrs time?

Basically, I trust the biggest Android OEM for a combination of features, performance and longevity. The price doesn't concern me.
When I said other options I meant the S8.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
People have and will continue to be hit by buyers remorse.

For me as I've mentioned before in other posts I'm not an early adopter and prefer to wait and watch to see how the phone does in real world usage. Definite hat tip to those early adopters.

Also waiting to see what the Note 8 brings before I pull the trigger.

mysamsungs7e

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
We all were dazzled by the hype of the new S8(+) but now the dust has settled this Bixby thing is really starting to bug me. No one asked for it, but it's being "sideloaded" into our new devices by default. I mean I really don't want 'Artificial Intelligence' "getting to know me" whether that be shopping habits, what time I wake up, whatever this thing does (in the background).
I have pre-ordered the S8+ solely on the basis of being an existing Note 4 owner and a pre-ordered Note 7 customer who never got to experience the Note 7. I am looking forward to the screen, the camera, etc. But now seeing the text doesn't even go to the edges it appears even narrower and makes the S7 Edge look better. As a graphic designer I have never like using Condensed Font, but this tall phone seems to be all about stretched out of shape distorted screen ratio. Are they intentionally making this phone with glaringly obvious "mishaps" so when it comes to the next model such as Note 8 or S9 they will "fix" what we considered wrong with this now here S8?
We really need to have a say in what we want in our phones and not just blindly take what these companies spoon feed us by telling us "we listened" "we know you will want this feature".
Still. I am going ahead and looking forward to finally getting this new phone…

I m a graphic artist too and the esthetics of the phone appeal to me. But I agree I don't like condensed font either. I think as we get used to using the phone it will be a joy to use.

mysamsungs7e

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
This looks like a substantial upgrade
In regards to some key things that matter: 64 GB storage to start, better camera and faster processor. Those things alone enticed me. Oh and Gigabite LTE.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000