Anyone else having second thoughts?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
You know what, I like Samsung, but mostly for the hardware side. I have no regrets however, if the Pixel had smaller bezels, waterproofing, and wireless charging I would jump ship in a second. What I really want is the S8+ with stock android on it. Offer all the S-crap as apps and let me choose what to add..... as MKHD says S8+ Google Play edition.

JLD94

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
At the the moment the only second thoughts I'm having is in regards to the size I have chosen. However, this could change when we all start getting our phones. I'll just have to wait and see.

I am having the same issue. I currently have a Note 4....never used the S pen, so that's not important to me. I wanted a slightly smaller phone than the note 4... a little less tall. I thought the S8 was going to be perfect. I pre ordered it the first day and then a few days later went into the store to check them out.

So just looking at it, I don't think to much of it, but when I start comparing it to my note 4, and how much narrower the S8 is I am wondering if I am not going to like it and regret my decision. I keep thinking 'maybe I should go ahead and get the S8+ since it is more the width I am use to"

I know this shouldn't be this hard but I am currently kind of bugged by it

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I would go back (with your Note) and check out the phones again and compare the size and how they feel in your hand. Hopefully it helps you to make the decision the makes you happy before they start shipping. If anything, you could try it out and if you don't like it, you could return it. Just know that you might get charged a restocking fee.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have evil friends that whisper evil things into my ear all the time ... Some may be trying to make me give my G6 back for an S8+ .. Ugh :eek:.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I probably will. He's talking me into it lol. The credits for the free G6 will still apply for the s8+ if I got it.. ugh. I have evil friends.
Got the G6 Sunday but not feeling it that much. I think I'm going to return it and keep the Pixel XL along with S8+. Initially was planning to sell Pixel and keep G6/S8+. But going to keep the Pixel XL/S8+ instead.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Got the G6 Sunday but not feeling it that much. I think I'm going to return it and keep the Pixel XL along with S8+. Initially was planning to sell Pixel and keep G6/S8+. But going to keep the Pixel XL/S8+ instead.
My only gripe with it is camera launch speed. It's slow.. once up it's okay but trying to quick snap pictures of my nephew isn't possible.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My only gripe with it is camera launch speed. It's slow.. once up it's okay but trying to quick snap pictures of my nephew isn't possible.
Other than wide angle I'm actually liking the pics from Pixel better and also why LG only 32 GB. Overall solid but minor gripes here and there.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Other than wide angle I'm actually liking the pics from Pixel better and also why LG only 32 GB. Overall solid but minor gripes here and there.

Yeah they were better quality for sure. I was still fine with the G6. The wide angle was definitely fun ... I had fun taking pics at parties with ease and fitting a lot more in.

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
I keep toying with the idea of the Huawei Mate 9 but I don't want to give up Verizon. In my area it's a lot better than the others.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm just hoping I don't regret locking into monthly payments with the s8+ and then regretting it when the note 8 comes out. I can't afford to switch.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have evil friends that whisper evil things into my ear all the time ... Some may be trying to make me give my G6 back for an S8+ .. Ugh :eek:.
So, have you decided yet whether your going to get an S8+ or not?

Or is this an ongoing battle with no ending in sight?

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm disappointed with the S8+ price in my region, quite a lot higher than Note 7. So have decided to wait for Note 8. It might be even higher than S8+, but I want a damn good phone (which I think Note 8 will be) if I am going to spend such money.

So In your expert opinion the S8 will not be a damn good phone? When the Note 8 is announced you'll be one of the scabs that says.... I think I'll wait to see what the Note 9 brings. Claiming the Note 8 is "too pricey."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci