Looks like third-party app All in one Gestures is one way to get it done, and it looks like it can currently be redirected to Google Now, not Google Assistant.

Large Hadron and robber like this.
    04-05-2017 04:32 PM
    This looks very interesting.
    04-05-2017 04:57 PM
    Yeessss Hope it stays like that
    04-05-2017 05:15 PM
    I like this. But I hope at some point Samsung allows for remapping themselves.
    04-05-2017 05:40 PM
    So great!
    04-05-2017 06:51 PM
    I like this. But I hope at some point Samsung allows for remapping themselves.
    I agree.
    04-05-2017 09:35 PM
    Honestly, why would they offer it themselves? If they are really trying to push this new AI, so much so that they're dedicating a button for it, the only way to ensure that the most people use it as possible is to not allow it to be remapped. Not saying I agree with that, but it's smart on their end.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    04-05-2017 09:37 PM
    Honestly, why would they offer it themselves? If they are really trying to push this new AI, so much so that they're dedicating a button for it, the only way to ensure that the most people use it as possible is to not allow it to be remapped. Not saying I agree with that, but it's smart on their end.
    Yeah I agree I doubt they would allow it on their own. They want it for their Bixby software, they made it specifically for that purpose.
    04-05-2017 10:05 PM
    Yeah it's just wishful thinking. Samsung already stated that they have no plans to support remapping.
    04-06-2017 01:16 PM
    Support remapping? More like, how long until they decide to block the third-party apps from remapping it?
    04-06-2017 05:27 PM
    Apparently everyone wants Bixby regarding the other thread "Anyone Else Having Second Thoughts?"
    I for one am fully aware it is being forced upon us and we, WE, do NOT want it!
    04-06-2017 06:11 PM
    Apparently everyone wants Bixby regarding the other thread "Anyone Else Having Second Thoughts?"
    Do you have evidence as to the "WE" in the don't want category? Or is it "YOU" that doesn't want it?
    04-06-2017 06:12 PM
    Do you have evidence as to the "WE" in the don't want category? Or is it "YOU" that doesn't want it?
    Yup. In plain sight. This thread. Now please stop shilling and following me.
    04-06-2017 06:14 PM
    Yup. In plain sight. This thread. Now please stop shilling and following me.
    I simply asked a question . I know a few people who like AI so I can definitely say that some people do enjoy / want it.
    04-06-2017 06:15 PM
    I simply asked a question . I know a few people who like AI so I can definitely say that some people do enjoy / want it.
    Well I can't argue with you there, and I agree, some people do want such things. There should have been an S8 (+) and a separate S8i or S8-Ai for such "sci-fi nerds"
    04-06-2017 06:23 PM
    One thing to keep in mind is that Bixby is preproduction at this point. It may even still need work on release but I am willing to be patient with it. With every new feature, there are bound to be growing pains.
    04-06-2017 07:24 PM
    I just finally gave in and ordered the s8 this afternoon and I might or might not be interested in remapping the button. However, when it says RIGHT IN THE APP that it will record your data including cc numbers then I'm out unless a safe way can be found to get this done.
    04-06-2017 07:36 PM
    I just finally gave in and ordered the s8 this afternoon and I might or might not be interested in remapping the button. However, when it says RIGHT IN THE APP that it will record your data including cc numbers then I'm out unless a safe way can be found to get this done.
    You do know that Microsoft reads EVERY keystroke in Windows 10. And THAT is in their User Agreement. My point? Why would you worry if some "random" 3rd Party can read information that the Phone itself and all these Microsofts, Apples and Samsungs already do.
    For all we know, this Key Mapping software has been designed by Samsung themself. What we need to do is disable it FULLY, not just the button that executes Bixby. It's still running "under the hood"
    04-06-2017 07:42 PM
    You do know that Microsoft reads EVERY keystroke in Windows 10. And THAT is in their User Agreement. My point? Why would you worry if some "random" 3rd Party can read information that the Phone itself and all these Microsofts, Apples and Samsungs already do.
    For all we know, this Key Mapping software has been designed by Samsung themself. What we need to do is disable it FULLY, not just the button that executes Bixby. It's still running "under the hood"
    Samsung's name isn't YS Liang and they aren't based out of Taiwan.

I guess if you can prove this YS Liang has the same privacy policies in place as major corporations then maybe you are on to something.
    04-06-2017 07:51 PM
    if i get one definitely remapping to activate google assistant lol
    04-07-2017 07:56 AM
    Speak for yourself, i am very much looking forward to giving it a try, and if it can do what they claim then i will use it.
    04-07-2017 09:49 AM
    I'm looking forward to giving it a try too. I didn't ask for Siri, Google Now, Google Assistant, Cortana, or Alexa. But over the past few years I've been exposed to all of these new technologies and have found a use for them in some capacity. With as involved with the Google ecosystem as I am, Google Now and Assistant were easy to pick up on. The phone I want and ordered has Bixby preinstalled. Why not try it out and see if it fits my needs and use cases? Worst case scenario, it's a failed remake of a solution that Android already offered. Best case? It proves useful and changes the way we interact with our phones, even if only in a small way.
    20blks and DWS44 like this.
    04-07-2017 09:57 AM