Any Samsung fans actually like curved displays?

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
I like mine, makes the phone easier to hold and I like the idea of the edge display, and love the feature when u put the phone face down and the edges glow.
This is my favorite feature of the curved display...notifications lighting up the edge when face down. Also like the edge menu.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I prefer the curved edges on the Note 7 which is the same symmetrical design on the S8 & S8+. The S7 edge frequently resulted in accidental touches in my experience. Not so with the Note 7...not even once.

jma78b

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I love it and that's why I got the S6 Edge. Barely used the edge features but it felt nice in my hand. Didn't get the S7 Edge and very much looking forward to the S8 with all its smooth round features. Sexy beast!

heavyvino

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Seems like all I hear is how much people hate curved displays. They're fragile, give a fishbowl effect, not functional, poor palm rejection ect. Just wondering why we never hear from the other side?Are there folks that actually love or even prefer them? Let's hear from you, if you exist.

Phones are like women they need curves and a little girth.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've always had flat screen phones. I just don't like the look of a curved display. I guess if companies start moving away from flat screens, then I'll have little choice but to give the curvy ones a try.

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I love the look of the curved screen on my s7e. I don't like how easy it is to make an accidental touch/selection but I don't do that near as much as I did at first. I noticed the s8 isn't quite as curvy so I am hoping I won't have the same issue. I picked up my s6 and it appeared so primitive after a year with the curved screen. Yep, I think I prefer the curves now.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Before I got the note 7 I wasn't a fan of the curved screen, but I got used to it. The only thing I really hate about the curved screen is not being able to find a good tempered screen protector.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
You only hear how much people hate them because those who complain are mainly the ones who comment. Samsung doesn't sell this many phones if their fans hated the edge display.

I in particular love the edge display and love how it gives the screen a 3D effect. It also makes it look like the screen has no glass in front of it. I use the apps edge frequently as well.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Hate the edge, hate the edge, hate the edge, hate the edge, hate the edge, hate the edge, hate the edge. It's why I don't like my S7 Edge. It looks like the S8+ edge won't be wrapped quite so far around the side of the phone, so I'll give it a try. If only Samsung would release an old Note-style flat screen, I'd pay them two or three times what they want for any of these damn edge models. But apparently that will never happen, so long as any of us live.

ninjakel

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I personally love the edge screen and it was a major part in my choice of the s7edge.

Having had a play with both s8 models the curve is almost non existent compared to the S7e. Still love it and am looking forward to getting my s8+.