AT&T order has changed to "Preparing to ship"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but, when I got a Note 7, it was in the horrible AT&T box. Then, I had to turn in my Note 7 for a new Note 7 in a new horrible AT&T box. Well, you know how this ends up. I had to turn in the Note 7 for good and go back to the S7 Edge...in a Samsung box!!

That's really weird!

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
With the mass amounts of phones they will have to ship out this can be expected. If they waited till couple days before launch day to start packing phones up for shipping, most would not get them on release date.

If this is true, looks like they are planning on doing the S8 shipping like the N7. They shipped phones with future date delivery.

Yeah I remember that happening to note 7 as well

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
That's really weird!
Yeah my note 7 came in the att box. So did my note 5. Now my s7 edge I got the Samsung box. The box the phone comes in was never a huge deal to me unless I receive a box with no phone in it, but it was sure funny when the n7 got released and people in the forum were having meltdowns over that black box. Lol

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I love the Samsung boxes.. I know you get the same stuff in the AT&T boxes, but the AT&T boxes are so flimsy - at least make a nice AT&T box if you need to do that. AT&T sent the Samsung box for the GS7edge and I noticed that thing like a hard case for the earphones is something you don't get with the AT&T box. I'm hoping for the Samsung box, but am not expecting it. Same thing with the Note7... :-/

And my AT&T pre-order still says In Progress! :(

rgladman

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
My AT&T order changed to preparing to ship overnight. Still shows a deliver by date of 4/21.

Progress is good though.

Edit - one more thought on this as to why would AT&T start this now if they aren't changing the deliver by date. Once they move to this status you can no longer cancel the order.

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
To me it sounds like AT&T just wants to charge your CC weeks before it actually ships the phone. Let's see how long it takes for you to get the phone now.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
One more week to goooo !!!!

This time next week I'll be so, so ........ sooooooo excited and be dancing all night loong

7cfc2e7823c0d39a264e212bdb5ad661.gif

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I've read thru about a dozen pages of status updates on the T-Mobile and Verizon preorder threads just to live vicariously thru those guys who are slowly but surely getting tracking numbers haaaaaaa !!!!

Yeah ......kinda sucks that my status is the exact same thing from the first day but I'm keeping my expectations low to not be disappointed !!!!!

I figure ........ this time next week I'd have my a** on my living room couch the entire day playing and setting up my new phone so all is good

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I've read thru about a dozen pages of status updates on the T-Mobile and Verizon preorder threads just to live vicariously thru those guys who are slowly but surely getting tracking numbers haaaaaaa !!!!

Yeah ......kinda sucks that my status is the exact same thing from the first day but I'm keeping my expectations low to not be disappointed !!!!!

I figure ........ this time next week I'd have my a** on my living room couch the entire day playing and setting up my new phone so all is good

you should be ok. i have verizon and my order never even changed to "preparing to ship" it was at processing from 3/29 until yesterday when i got charged and shipping confirm this morning

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I guess it will happen some time today - that AT&T will give us the shipping notification and tracking number UPS app already know!.

Status
Not open for further replies.