04-13-2017 11:41 PM
61 123
tools
    Where'd you get the body guardz one?
    The only place I've ever seen them sold was at the AT&T stores. I wish they would sell them elsewhere since it's obviously charged at a premium there.

Edit:
    Oh, shoot - I just decided to check and the brand is sold at Amazon. Weird, I never noticed it there before when I wanted one for my Note7 and S7e. I don't see any for the GS8 yet though. Also I notice that it's called a "glass screen protector" but it's not glass.. It's made of PET plastic.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-08-2017 12:14 PM
    BodyGuardz HD Contours are the only screen protector that I've been totally happy with for my edge phones because of the fit and durability. All glass protectors I've tried have been a miss with the edge phones because they don't fit well and the adhesive is usually just the top and bottom, allowing dust to get in. BodyGuardz also is case friendly as well.

If the screen was flat, then I would look for a glass protector. For my S8+, I will get a BodyGuardz like I did with my S7e. I will never buy a glass screen protector from Otterbein, by the way.

I did also buy the Spigen neo flex protectors as backup because i dont know if BodyGuardz will be available or in stock before I get the phone, and I need to put something on the screen before using it! The problem I have with the Spigen ones is that when I had them for my Note7, the healing properties didn't work well and my stylus left grooves and marks on the screen even with light use. But they're cheap and good enough to hold me over until I get a BodyGuardz.
    Ditto, Ditto and Ditto! Original Note 7, Replacement Note 7 and now on my Galaxy S7 Active... BodyGuardz HD Contour all the way! As I said earlier "I never leave my AT&T Store without one!" And I'll attest, that PET stuff is HARD... it's like the stuff soda bottles are made of. The S-Pen never left any visible indentation in the screen at all on the Note 7 which I really thought might be a problem being a plastic!
    KupKrazy likes this.
    04-08-2017 12:53 PM
    Ditto, Ditto and Ditto! Original Note 7, Replacement Note 7 and now on my Galaxy S7 Active... BodyGuardz HD Contour all the way! As I said earlier "I never leave my AT&T Store without one!" And I'll attest, that PET stuff is HARD... it's like the stuff soda bottles are made of. The S-Pen never left any visible indentation in the screen at all on the Note 7 which I really thought might be a problem being a plastic!
    Yup - that's what I like about it so much! The plastic is hard and because it's already contoured to the curve, you don't generally have that lift like you might from some protectors that are too rigid. It's the next best thing to glass. It was so annoying to have indentations on my Note7 from the neoflex protectors from Spigen that are supposed to auto-heal, which it didn't - not all the way. I pre-ordered my S8+ from AT&T, and I'll try to pick the BodyGuardz up from an AT&T store on launch day.
    jimd1050 and experiment 626 like this.
    04-08-2017 02:39 PM
    Yup - that's what I like about it so much! The plastic is hard and because it's already contoured to the curve, you don't generally have that lift like you might from some protectors that are too rigid. It's the next best thing to glass. It was so annoying to have indentations on my Note7 from the neoflex protectors from Spigen that are supposed to auto-heal, which it didn't - not all the way. I pre-ordered my S8+ from AT&T, and I'll try to pick the BodyGuardz up from an AT&T store on launch day.
    The BodyGuardz Web Site shows S8 and S8+ product entries but both simple say "Coming Soon!" - No Information on what models will be available yet!
    04-09-2017 12:19 PM
    You can probably use IQ Shield, Skinmoi,Illumiaquashield. I've used all 3. They are all wet install. The only way I will try a tempered glass is if they offer a money back guarantee. I see a lot of them on Amazon offer a lifetime guarantee but what good is a lifetime guarantee if it doesn't stick right. They should make 1 that goes to where the curve starts. It will sit flat,and the chances of scratching the edge are pretty slim IMO
    04-09-2017 02:49 PM
    Wrong thread
    04-09-2017 05:16 PM
    Samsung should sell their infinity screened phones with screen saver already on. Forgot what other phone comes with that. Too bad they can't provide store service like this...

jimd1050 likes this.
    04-09-2017 07:41 PM
    Samsung should sell their infinity screened phones with screen saver already on. Forgot what other phone comes with that. Too bad they can't provide store service like this...
    I have an AT&T Rep that does mine at my local store too - she's unbelievable!
    04-09-2017 11:02 PM
    I had a S6 Edge and just used the normal flat tempered glass. Yes the edges were not protected and I only had a silicone case on it but it was fine. I did drop it a couple times and the it got a ding on one of the edges but the screen was clear. I have a S7 now and that is also covered with a tempered glass protector on the front and a silicon case for the back. The screen protector has a little crack on the bottom near the menu key but the screen itself is pristine. Any protection is better than none.
    04-10-2017 10:24 AM
    I guess as a counter point I have never used a screen protector for any of my phones. Have never had any ill effects because of it.
    04-10-2017 11:38 AM
    hmmm

04-12-2017 12:39 PM
    The Otterbox Alpha Glass screen protector is out of stock.
    04-12-2017 01:02 PM
    Glass is a must for this phone
    04-12-2017 01:25 PM
    I ordered a glass protector from Verizon and one from Amazon. Hopefully one of the 2 will work.
    04-12-2017 01:52 PM
    hmmm

Does it just stick around the edges?
    04-12-2017 01:55 PM
    I asked if adhesive on whole glass and from his answer it sounds like only on the top and bottom?

"Nope, it has the Dot Matrix which means no adhesive on the actual display area."
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    04-12-2017 02:02 PM
    I definitely want a tempered glass screen protector. I have it on my S6 and LOVE it. HATE plastic, rubbery ones.
    04-12-2017 02:05 PM
    I asked if adhesive on whole glass and from his answer it sounds like only on the top and bottom?

"Nope, it has the Dot Matrix which means no adhesive on the actual display area."
    It would be really nice if someone from one of these companies would tell us why they can't do a wet application. I'm assuming that would not work because of the curves. My s7e has several micro scratches in it even though it is always the only thing in that pocket. Frustrating.
    04-12-2017 02:06 PM
    I ordered some new glass from spigen. It's called neo flex. I don't even think it's glass, idk wtf it is.

I've always used tempered glass, but when I got the s7 edge I didn't use one because of the curve and it was scratched in like 2 days.

When I got the note 7, I got some of that liquid screen protector stuff and that stuff is awesome.

I'll probably wind up using that again if this neo flex is a waste of money.
    I had a flexible glass on my v20 and it's definitely not real glass and scratches real easy.
    04-12-2017 02:36 PM
    You can probably use IQ Shield, Skinmoi,Illumiaquashield. I've used all 3. They are all wet install. The only way I will try a tempered glass is if they offer a money back guarantee. I see a lot of them on Amazon offer a lifetime guarantee but what good is a lifetime guarantee if it doesn't stick right. They should make 1 that goes to where the curve starts. It will sit flat,and the chances of scratching the edge are pretty slim IMO
    Iq shield and skinomi were definitely not case friendly and who can go without their phone for 24 hours while it dries. I have a pure gear pet screen protector on my v20 and it's nice but still not 100% case friendly. Incipio flexible glass was nice, but scratched real easy.
    04-12-2017 02:56 PM
    Does it just stick around the edges?
    No, it's got the Dot Matrix on the display so this means that there is no adhesive on the actual display area.
    Glad I did not waste $44.00 on this one.
    04-12-2017 03:00 PM
    The Otterbox Alpha Glass screen protector is out of stock.
    Good thing, It sucks.
    04-12-2017 03:00 PM
    Iq shield and skinomi were definitely not case friendly and who can go without their phone for 24 hours while it dries. I have a pure gear pet screen protector on my v20 and it's nice but still not 100% case friendly. Incipio flexible glass was nice, but scratched real easy.
    I am using an IQ Shield with my Spigen Heo Hybrid and it is very case friendly with this case. I can't speak for other cases though
    04-12-2017 03:38 PM
    I have ordered 5 cases and just compared them on side height. This one is noticeably lower on the sides. Seems likely it will work better with curved glass protectors.
    04-12-2017 03:59 PM
    Polyurethane skins like these 2 can have a case put on them 20-30 minutes after application, and unless there is a small sea that you didn't properly squeegee out from underneath it then it should be %100 useable. You "might" see some rainbow artifacting under bubbles while it is still drying. Live with it.

I scanned and saw that xtremeguard still doesn't have their s8 stuff up yet, but I did happen to find a tempered glass supplier who was selling flat protectors that didn't cover the edges. I ordered it just to see how it turns out. It is going to come down to how the screen light refracts and looks with it, I have little worry that anything will scratch the exposed sides, it's going in a neo hybrid as well.
    04-12-2017 05:37 PM
61 123