Verizon S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Discussion

Liquid_Chaos87

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
So, I didn't really see a discussion thread for the Verizon users that pre-ordered the S8+. Since they seem to be the last in a lot of things, I figured I would officially make this thread so that we can all suffer together while other carries are showing progress :)

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Verizon S8+ Pre-Order Discussion

Lol I'm waiting impatiently! Pre ordered mine as soon as it went live! I can't wait

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Just an FYI, Verizon appears to have disabled/hid Samsung cloud which is good for backing up and restoring device like iCloud. This may not be a concern for most but just wanted to let people know. If going. H the Note 7 the other carriers will leave it enabled. There was a workaround on the Note to make it available. Will just have to see if it works.

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

Just an FYI, Verizon appears to have disabled/hid Samsung cloud which is good for backing up and restoring device like iCloud. This may not be a concern for most but just wanted to let people know. If going. H the Note 7 the other carriers will leave it enabled. There was a workaround on the Note to make it available. Will just have to see if it works.

I doubt it. You can find the cloud on the S7edge using the same Note 7 method. But, when you create the shortcut, it just pops up and goes away. It appears that Big Red reads these forums as well and has gone out of the way to block the native cloud.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site

I'm tempted to pre-order the S8 Plus on Verizon but something is unclear to me... If I want to keep my V20 which I got at the end of December, and continue paying that off monthly, then can I add the monthly charge for the S8 plus to that and pay off both phones monthly at the same time on the same line? If anyone knows the answer it would be greatly appreciated if you could let me know... I asked a Verizon rep in chat yesterday and he said I could do it but I'm not sure he understood completely what I was saying... Does any1 here pay off two phones monthly on the same line at the same time? Thanks.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I doubt it. You can find the cloud on the S7edge using the same Note 7 method. But, when you create the shortcut, it just pops up and goes away. It appears that Big Red reads these forums as well and has gone out of the way to block the native cloud.

Yeah in the short time I had the Note it actually worked. For the S7 devices it was only officially released for T-Mobile ones so I kinda understand why it wouldn't work for other carriers. For the Note 7 it was released for all of them. But you're probably right in that they've set a way to permanently disable. I guess we will see. But one of the frustrations with Verizon.

mysamsungs7e

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site

I'm tempted to pre-order the S8 Plus on Verizon but something is unclear to me... If I want to keep my V20 which I got at the end of December, and continue paying that off monthly, then can I add the monthly charge for the S8 plus to that and pay off both phones monthly at the same time on the same line? If anyone knows the answer it would be greatly appreciated if you could let me know... I asked a Verizon rep in chat yesterday and he said I could do it but I'm not sure he understood completely what I was saying... Does any1 here pay off two phones monthly on the same line at the same time? Thanks.

Doing that with mine.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Verizon will only allow one device payment per line. If you put the S8 on another line it would be allowed but they won't lease you two phones on one line.

Source: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m/support/device-payment-faqs/&token=4kwU_dXK

You can have as many device payment agreements as the number of active lines you have, as long as you don't exceed your program spending limit.* There are several options to add additional lines of service online on the Devices page in My Verizon.

Last edited:

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site

Verizon will only allow on device payment per line. If you put the S8 on another line it would be allowed but they won't lease you two phones on one line.

Source: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m/support/device-payment-faqs/&token=TepD-JpB
Oh.... That's not good news... I didn't want to have to pay off my V20 all at once and I don't want to trade it in either as the amount of credit they give you for a trade in is usually not even close to what a phone is worth... I'll probably just keep my V20 and upgrade to something else next year once I've paid off more of the V20. Thanks for the info Almeuit.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I changed my Verizon plan a couple days ago, now find I cannot upgrade my primary phone and pre-order the S8+ for some totally screwy reason.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

S7 edge. They offered 480, which is more than I can get on swappa.

Would you mind sharing how you got $480? I have 363 left on my payment and that is the most I can see. If I were to trade my S7e in they show less than $300.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Thompsontriplets

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Because if you trade in the s7e, your monthly payments will be 15 a month, that's of course if you
edge is paid off in full. Paying 15 a month for 2 years equals a 480 dollar savings on the phone.

Liquid_Chaos87

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site

I just saw on reddit that there is a rumor that they could be shipping out as early as the 9th, but I don't believe that. Last year, Verizon said the S7 Edge would ship by 3/11. I received it on the 8th, three days early. I'm hoping by the end of next week, we will start to see charges and shipping notices.

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

I just saw on reddit that there is a rumor that they could be shipping out as early as the 9th, but I don't believe that. Last year, Verizon said the S7 Edge would ship by 3/11. I received it on the 8th, three days early. I'm hoping by the end of next week, we will start to see charges and shipping notices.

Hope that's the case cause it's saying processing on mine

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude