05-02-2017 02:43 PM
1,498 ... 3839404142 ...
tools
    Just check all status of MEM ( Memphis Airport , FEDEX hub )

72 F . Wind speed 7kt north . Party cloudy , no snow or rain , perfect weather for take off / landing .

Average time of delay : 18 mins ( 7 flights )

Today will have around 93 flights will be delay but time of delay is small ( due to traffic operation ) , nothing to worry.

And Memphis Airport won't have any cancel flights today .

( I'm sorry I can't screenshot on my end )
    Mine is coming from Memphis too
    04-18-2017 02:33 PM
    Hey. Just got my new. S8! I'm in Vermont!
    We have a winner !!! Can you confirm no Verizon logo on the back?
    04-18-2017 02:34 PM
    I'm shocked .

Tracking went from 4/14 label created - shipment delivered projection was 4/18. Updated yesterday 4/17 to moving from Coatesville, PA (with shipment delivered projection of 4/19) to now being delivered today 4/18 (same as original shipping date when label was created). Finally Verizon moved out on something!!!

Attachment 256914
    Got It
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Discussion-20170418_141815.jpg  
    Cool Guy and eLIZabeth001 like this.
    04-18-2017 02:35 PM
    Got It
    2nd place winner !!!!
    04-18-2017 02:35 PM
    Who will be the first to post a picture of the S8 delivery from Verizon today?
    What do I win?

Verizon S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Discussion-s8_1.jpg
    04-18-2017 02:36 PM
    I just want a damn tracking number. C'mon, Verizon, I ordered on 4/9 and you billed my card already. Give me the darn tracking number. Lol.
    04-18-2017 02:39 PM
    I ordered mine from Verizon on 4/9 and I got a dreaded your order has been cancelled email last night. Trying to find out why
    04-18-2017 02:41 PM
    Mine has left Memphis. Looks like it's Christmas tomorrow.
    eLIZabeth001 likes this.
    04-18-2017 02:41 PM
    What do I win?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s8_1.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	256971
    3rd Place the same as 1st & 2nd, Nothing but thanks for the picture.

Can you confirm no Verizon logo on the back or front of the phone?
    ol_jackburton likes this.
    04-18-2017 02:42 PM
    Mine has left Memphis. Looks like it's Christmas tomorrow.
    Mine is still stuck in Memphis.
    04-18-2017 02:43 PM
    You all are so much fun. Love the dialogue here. Keeps us from going batty. Lol
    to_be_announced likes this.
    04-18-2017 02:45 PM
    3rd Place the same as 1st & 2nd, Nothing but thanks for the picture.

would like to know this as well.
    04-18-2017 02:49 PM
    Lol you and that logo :P.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    04-18-2017 02:55 PM
    Same here.

Mine is in that stupid PA town - been sitting there since Sat. Same comment as all the above - expected to deliver on 4/20 by 8PM.
    Same thing here. We probably won't see any movement until tomorrow night or Thursday morning when it's on the truck :/

I had ordered a case from Verizon, shipped from Memphis on Saturday as well and no update until this morning when I woke up and it was out for delivery.
    04-18-2017 02:57 PM
    Lol you and that logo :P.
    And I can't get an answer no matter how hard I try.
    04-18-2017 02:59 PM
    2nd place winner !!!!
    Verizon S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Discussion-2017-04-18_15-46-07.png

Actually got it at 12:18pm signed by my wife. Went home to get the Infinitely immersive VR bonus gift bundle registration done ASAP.

That's where the fun begins.

I don't like Samsung's webpage administration - and I especially HATE Samsung's phone support (you always get routed off to the wrong place/person and spend lots and lots of time getting to the right place (if you ever can)!

In any case - I went to Samsung.com\us\promotions to the registration point. Entered the pertinent info - purchase document, IMEI and WIFI MAC address. I did this about 15 time before everything was right (meaning formatting of WIFI MAC address was correct, all fields filled in the way Samsung wanted them and CAPTCHA). Selected the Option for Infinitely immersive VR purchase for $99.

When I finally passed the registration successful window it brought me to a page to Select BUY the package for $99. Problem was everytime I selected the link - it blinked - but did nothing. No option to purchase ever came up. I got an email that said "Your new Gear VR with Controller and Oculus content bonus will be sent to the address you registered with in approximately 6-8 weeks.* ". But no acknowledgement of the $99 package or how to pay for it was given.

Unfortunately - now it's off to 1 hour of telephone battle with Samsung's numbers. Only 3 hand-offs later and telling my story at least 6 times (always twice to convey the info). The final agent checked that my registration was entered correctly - name, carrier, IMEI and WIFI MAC address correct. But couldn't find a way to pay/register the $99 Infinitely immersive Promotion. She finally went offline and someone told her I would have to wait 24 hours to get a link in an acknowledgement email to pay/complete this registration.

Not entirely sure this is accurate info - or just a way to get me off the phone. I'm going to be Infinitely pissed if they sellout this offer - because this is why I rushed home to get registered.

I'm interested in other's experiences that try and get the $99 package registered and if it's the same story?

Ok a little more info found from FAQ for this offer -

If you selected the fully immersive VR experience for $99:
    Upon approval, you will be sent a link to purchase a Gear VR with Controller, headphones by AKG and a 256GB memory card for $99 from Samsung.com or the Shop Samsung app. You will have until 7/31/2017 to download your Oculus content bonus. You can also redeem a Platinum Experience with Samsung Rewards. See details at: samsung.com/platinumexperience.
    04-18-2017 03:01 PM
    And I can't get an answer no matter how hard I try.
    From the past the 3D model on the Desktop Verizon website is usually a spitting image of the phone. I am not seeing it there so I am 99.9% sure it isn't there on the phone.
    04-18-2017 03:02 PM

Name:	2017-04-18_15-46-07.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	256975

Actually got it at 12:18pm signed by my wife. Went home to get the Infinitely immersive VR bonus gift bundle registration done ASAP.

I don't like Samsung's webpage administration - and I especially HATE Samsung's phone support (you always get routed off to the wrong place/person and spend lots and lots of time getting to the right place (if you ever can)!

In any case - I went to Samsung.com\us\promotions to the registration point. Entered the pertinent info - purchase document, IMEI and WIFI MAC address. I did this about 15 time before everything was right (meaning formatting of WIFI MAC address was correct, all fields filled in the way Samsung wanted them and CAPTCHA). Selected the Option for Infinitely immersive VR purchase for $99.

When I finally passed the registration successful window it brought me to a page to Select BUY the package for $99. Problem was everytime I selected the link - it blinked - but did nothing. No option to purchase ever came up. I got an email that said "Your new Gear VR with Controller and Oculus content bonus will be sent to the address you registered with in approximately 6-8 weeks.* ". But no acknowledgement of the $99 package or how to pay for it was given.

Unfortunately - now it's off to 1 hour of telephone battle with Samsung's numbers. Only 3 hand-offs later and telling my story at least 6 times (always twice to convey the info). The final agent checked that my registration was entered correctly - name, carrier, IMEI and WIFI MAC address correct. But couldn't find a way to pay/register the $99 Infinitely immersive Promotion. She finally went offline and someone told her I would have to wait 24 hours to get a link in an acknowledgement email to pay/complete this registration.

Not entirely sure this is accurate info - or just a way to get me off the phone. I'm going to be Infinitely pissed if they sellout this offer - because this is why I rushed home to get registered.

I'm interested in other's experiences that try and get the $99 package registered and if it's the same story?
    What a mess, can't wait to try mine tomorrow.
    04-18-2017 03:05 PM
    Ok you flight trackers. Mine has departed Memphis. Which FedEx flight is it on bound for Honolulu? Go!
    04-18-2017 03:11 PM
    In case anyone got the verizon tempered glass protector too, I applied mine and lost touch sensitivity. I'd have to put more pressure than normal for my swipes to register. I would return it if you got one. On a side note, the screen protector fits with my Spigen Ultra Hybrid case.
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Discussion-img_1549.jpg  
    felloffthetruck and gernerttl like this.
    04-18-2017 03:13 PM
    What a mess, can't wait to try mine tomorrow.
    Rereading the Terms and Conditions for this offer - it probably makes sense that you must wait. Because they need to verify that your purchase meets the "qualification" requirements. IMEI and WIFI MAC can be done instantly but the purchase document that you upload must be verified by someone.

I'm guessing they don't want a purchase for $99 being made and then having to refund that purchase if there is something wrong with your submission materials.

Below is what it looks like after clicking CHECK GIFT STATUS - (still you get no acknowledgement of the actual selected gift as confirmation - poor website/form administration in my book)

Verizon S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Discussion-2017-04-18_16-15-03.png
    04-18-2017 03:17 PM
    No Verizon Logo. I got the orchid gray
    04-18-2017 03:17 PM
    I don't like Linwood, PA. I've never been there but it's holding my phone hostage....
    04-18-2017 03:24 PM

Name:	2017-04-18_15-46-07.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	256975

damn I'm only a few towns over and I have to wait till the 20th, preordered at midnight the 30th.

nice you got your registration in, if its done by the same company as the S7 it might not mean much though, people who registered way after me got their watches a long time before me
    kikbxr1969 likes this.
    04-18-2017 03:28 PM
    1,000th post!!! wooo hoooo.
    04-18-2017 03:33 PM
1,498 ... 3839404142 ...