Verizon S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Discussion

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok, lucky me gets to go thru this. Credit card I used to pay for the S8 has been lost and now is cancelled. I'm with Verizon, is there a way to change payment source.? I called Verizon and don't feel comfortable with what she said. She notated the account, filed a form that they should call me for updated payment info. This doesn't sound right to me and a disaster waiting to unfold.

Was the card replaced? Ie, you got another card with a new number?

I know that American Express, in this instance, actually still leaves the old number open for recurring/trusted charges, such as a recurring phone bill, etc. It also still allows for credits to be placed back to the number from merchants. In many cases, your card won't be denied for something like the situation you're in.

That is, of course, assuming you still have the card open under a new number.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night with a huge Verizon bill looming like that.

Is Verizon shipping yet......................................... :-\
No not shipping yet. I have a card issue as previously stated, the lady did say I would need a new card on there by the 17th. So I am assuming they are going to at least start packing them up and hopefully shipping them on Monday.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Was the card replaced? Ie, you got another card with a new number?

I know that American Express, in this instance, actually still leaves the old number open for recurring/trusted charges, such as a recurring phone bill, etc. It also still allows for credits to be placed back to the number from merchants. In many cases, your card won't be denied for something like the situation you're in.

That is, of course, assuming you still have the card open under a new number.
The card is being replaced. I'm going to check with Bank and explain the situation and tell them this was ordered before and hopefully they can notate the account and approve the charge. It's a local bank so who knows.

If it's processed Monday and charge is denied, I have 3 days, so worse case is the phone ships out Tuesday. As long as it gets here on Friday I'm good.

Last edited:

Liquid_Chaos87

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
If it goes anything like last year with the S7 (and that's a big if) that would mean we would start to see charges and shipping info this weekend. I received the S7E on a Tuesday with the free 2 day shipping and it wasn't supposed to be shipped until that Friday

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night with a huge Verizon bill looming like that.

Is Verizon shipping yet......................................... :-\

If the full price does appear, I will be raising hell with Verizon to fix it. Because I did not authorize the person who placed the order to set the order up that way.

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
If it goes anything like last year with the S7 (and that's a big if) that would mean we would start to see charges and shipping info this weekend. I received the S7E on a Tuesday with the free 2 day shipping and it wasn't supposed to be shipped until that Friday

Some T mobile customers said they received text that stated that phones will begin shipping by the 19th

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I see on the TMO thread, they are having cards charged.... It would be so nice to have an early shipment!

Cards charged but told it will ship on the 19th. The earliest they will get them (if that ship date is right) is the 20th or on release day the 21st.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
I ordered a Verizon phone through Samsung website.

I got a package suppose to be delivered Friday and don't have a clue what else it could be.

Anyone else phone get shipped already? Who did they use to ship it?

This is pretty weird. And sucks, because I'm all excited for this phone.

ZayMoney

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I ordered a Verizon phone through Samsung website.

I got a package suppose to be delivered Friday and don't have a clue what else it could be.

Anyone else phone get shipped already? Who did they use to ship it?

This is pretty weird. And sucks, because I'm all excited for this phone.

probably the speaker that people are getting

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I need my s8+ to ship NOW! I've had to reboot my N5 3 times in the last 2 hours due to the " no sim detected" message!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz