Verizon S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Discussion

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
So I haven't gotten a text or email or any change from the original order email and "processing" but I went to my Verizon app and checked upgrade options and I'm now have a device agreement, 24 months $840 on there. So apparently something's in the works:) s8+!!!!

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has me listed as Edge payment complete with Edge payment schedule and privacy statement. I thought I had checked to pay entire phone. Oh well, certainly not going to worry about it. Will just pay it off after I have that grey beauty in my hands.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has me listed as Edge payment complete with Edge payment schedule and privacy statement. I thought I had checked to pay entire phone. Oh well, certainly not going to worry about it. Will just pay it off after I have that grey beauty in my hands.
Where did you see that? On the website? In the Verizon app?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Moving the SIM from one phone to the other takes 30 seconds if they're the same size... lol
There's more to it from other aspects. Let's just say it's always better to have the upgrade under the line it's going to be used on.

I doubt it will make any difference on when they get delivered. I'll give it the weekend to see if the second order processes, I have 7 days to update the payment info.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
There's more to it from other aspects. Let's just say it's always better to have the upgrade under the line it's going to be used on.
I've never had a problem doing that. I ordered up a phone under one line and then just moved my SIM from my other line to the new phone. As long as you don't activate the new SIM in the new phone, it always seemed to work for me. Since the IMEI number goes active in Verizon's system, they know you got the phone and it's on your account. I guess if the line is used by someone else and you're using an upgrade on it or something that might cause complications. All my phones are off contract so that may make it easier too since there's no contract shifting from line to line.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've never had a problem doing that. I ordered up a phone under one line and then just moved my SIM from my other line to the new phone. As long as you don't activate the new SIM in the new phone, it always seemed to work for me. Since the IMEI number goes active in Verizon's system, they know you got the phone and it's on your account. I guess if the line is used by someone else and you're using an upgrade on it or something that might cause complications. All my phones are off contract so that may make it easier too since there's no contract shifting from line to line.
I do it both ways. But if you have warranty issues or anything like that it can be a pain for the rep to find when phone was purchased and what line. I manage 10 lines and keeping them straight with alternate upgrades gets to be fun at times. Sometimes I feel bad for the reps, LOL.

Edit.. If it made a difference of when it will deliver then I would update and do the alternate, but it appears that they all will come around the same time frame

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I do it both ways. But if you have warranty issues or anything like that it can be a pain for the rep to find when phone was purchased and what line. I manage 10 lines and keeping them straight with alternate upgrades gets to be fun at times. Sometimes I feel bad for the reps, LOL.
LOL Ok, with 10 lines that would be confusing for warranty and such. I don't blame you.