Verizon S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Discussion

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
yep never order through bb or any of the 3rd party retailers
Never do it just to get the device two days earlier? Lol :x

Personally I'd rather take the extra 100 bucks off the phone that Bestbuy is offering versus getting a phone 2 days earlier

djdonnyk

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I went into Best buy and was going to preorder this but when I found out that there was an extra 20 per month access line fee charge I walked right back out. Then I went to Sprint website and pre ordered the phone without having to pay that extra 20 per month. Is Verizon service REALLY with the extra 240 per year?

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I went into Best buy and was going to preorder this but when I found out that there was an extra 20 per month access line fee charge I walked right back out. Then I went to Sprint website and pre ordered the phone without having to pay that extra 20 per month. Is Verizon service REALLY with the extra 240 per year?

When compared to sprint absolutely.

Dubzgb

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site

The line Access fee to the best of my knowledge is $40 everywhere. However you get it discounted to $20 when you put a phone on a device agreement plan. It stays at $40 if you opt for the 2 year agreement at the subsidized price. So I'm guessing that was what you were seeing and it's basically a wash between getting the phone for $200/$300 on a 2 yr vs paying the full price over 24 months

metacuate

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The line Access fee to the best of my knowledge is $40 everywhere. However you get it discounted to $20 when you put a phone on a device agreement plan. It stays at $40 if you opt for the 2 year agreement at the subsidized price. So I'm guessing that was what you were seeing and it's basically a wash between getting the phone for $200/$300 on a 2 yr vs paying the full price over 24 months

Used to be like that. Just a straight $20 per month under the new New Verizon plan.

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine on device payment plan. 2 questions: 1. Has anyone else who ordered on device payment plan got shipping information yet? 2. I have to pay off $200 of the phone on my current device payment plan. Should I do that now or can I wait until I get the phone and decide I want to keep it?
I ordered on the device payment plan and I got shipping notification yesterday. Says it's to be delivered Tuesday by 4pm.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I ordered yesterday (4/15), and it says likely shipping on 4/21. Since that's a Friday, I'm guessing I'll see it around 4/25 or 4/26.

Or, maybe the Verizon gods will smile on me. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair