Verizon S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Discussion

Liquid_Chaos87

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Same here.

Mine is in that stupid PA town - been sitting there since Sat. Same comment as all the above - expected to deliver on 4/20 by 8PM.

Same thing here. We probably won't see any movement until tomorrow night or Thursday morning when it's on the truck :/

I had ordered a case from Verizon, shipped from Memphis on Saturday as well and no update until this morning when I woke up and it was out for delivery.

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
2nd place winner !!!! :p

2017-04-18_15-46-07.png

Actually got it at 12:18pm signed by my wife. Went home to get the Infinitely immersive VR bonus gift bundle registration done ASAP.

That's where the fun begins.

I don't like Samsung's webpage administration - and I especially HATE Samsung's phone support (you always get routed off to the wrong place/person and spend lots and lots of time getting to the right place (if you ever can)!

In any case - I went to Samsung.com\us\promotions to the registration point. Entered the pertinent info - purchase document, IMEI and WIFI MAC address. I did this about 15 time before everything was right (meaning formatting of WIFI MAC address was correct, all fields filled in the way Samsung wanted them and CAPTCHA). Selected the Option for Infinitely immersive VR purchase for $99.

When I finally passed the registration successful window it brought me to a page to Select BUY the package for $99. Problem was everytime I selected the link - it blinked - but did nothing. No option to purchase ever came up. I got an email that said "Your new Gear VR with Controller and Oculus content bonus will be sent to the address you registered with in approximately 6-8 weeks.* ". But no acknowledgement of the $99 package or how to pay for it was given.

Unfortunately - now it's off to 1 hour of telephone battle with Samsung's numbers. Only 3 hand-offs later and telling my story at least 6 times (always twice to convey the info). The final agent checked that my registration was entered correctly - name, carrier, IMEI and WIFI MAC address correct. But couldn't find a way to pay/register the $99 Infinitely immersive Promotion. She finally went offline and someone told her I would have to wait 24 hours to get a link in an acknowledgement email to pay/complete this registration.

Not entirely sure this is accurate info - or just a way to get me off the phone. I'm going to be Infinitely pissed if they sellout this offer - because this is why I rushed home to get registered.

I'm interested in other's experiences that try and get the $99 package registered and if it's the same story?

Ok a little more info found from FAQ for this offer -

If you selected the fully immersive VR experience for $99:
Upon approval, you will be sent a link to purchase a Gear VR with Controller, headphones by AKG and a 256GB memory card for $99 from Samsung.com or the Shop Samsung app. You will have until 7/31/2017 to download your Oculus content bonus. You can also redeem a Platinum Experience with Samsung Rewards. See details at: samsung.com/platinumexperience.

Last edited:

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 256975

Actually got it at 12:18pm signed by my wife. Went home to get the Infinitely immersive VR bonus gift bundle registration done ASAP.

I don't like Samsung's webpage administration - and I especially HATE Samsung's phone support (you always get routed off to the wrong place/person and spend lots and lots of time getting to the right place (if you ever can)!

In any case - I went to Samsung.com\us\promotions to the registration point. Entered the pertinent info - purchase document, IMEI and WIFI MAC address. I did this about 15 time before everything was right (meaning formatting of WIFI MAC address was correct, all fields filled in the way Samsung wanted them and CAPTCHA). Selected the Option for Infinitely immersive VR purchase for $99.

When I finally passed the registration successful window it brought me to a page to Select BUY the package for $99. Problem was everytime I selected the link - it blinked - but did nothing. No option to purchase ever came up. I got an email that said "Your new Gear VR with Controller and Oculus content bonus will be sent to the address you registered with in approximately 6-8 weeks.* ". But no acknowledgement of the $99 package or how to pay for it was given.

Unfortunately - now it's off to 1 hour of telephone battle with Samsung's numbers. Only 3 hand-offs later and telling my story at least 6 times (always twice to convey the info). The final agent checked that my registration was entered correctly - name, carrier, IMEI and WIFI MAC address correct. But couldn't find a way to pay/register the $99 Infinitely immersive Promotion. She finally went offline and someone told her I would have to wait 24 hours to get a link in an acknowledgement email to pay/complete this registration.

Not entirely sure this is accurate info - or just a way to get me off the phone. I'm going to be Infinitely pissed if they sellout this offer - because this is why I rushed home to get registered.

I'm interested in other's experiences that try and get the $99 package registered and if it's the same story?

What a mess, can't wait to try mine tomorrow. :-\

blueyce28

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
In case anyone got the verizon tempered glass protector too, I applied mine and lost touch sensitivity. I'd have to put more pressure than normal for my swipes to register. I would return it if you got one. On a side note, the screen protector fits with my Spigen Ultra Hybrid case.

Attachments

• IMG_1549.jpg
    IMG_1549.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 44

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
What a mess, can't wait to try mine tomorrow. :-\

Rereading the Terms and Conditions for this offer - it probably makes sense that you must wait. Because they need to verify that your purchase meets the "qualification" requirements. IMEI and WIFI MAC can be done instantly but the purchase document that you upload must be verified by someone.

I'm guessing they don't want a purchase for $99 being made and then having to refund that purchase if there is something wrong with your submission materials.

Below is what it looks like after clicking CHECK GIFT STATUS - (still you get no acknowledgement of the actual selected gift as confirmation - poor website/form administration in my book)

2017-04-18_16-15-03.png

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 256975

damn I'm only a few towns over and I have to wait till the 20th, preordered at midnight the 30th.

nice you got your registration in, if its done by the same company as the S7 it might not mean much though, people who registered way after me got their watches a long time before me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith