Verizon S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Discussion

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
got mine.. kinda surprised its only android 7.0 figured it would have been 7.1.1

edit: on a positive note the phone is super fast

Last edited:

Liquid_Chaos87

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
The biggest difference is freedom to customize. Icons, layout, app drawer style, etc....Hard to post pics of everything but you have full control over the UI with Nova.

The downside of launchers on Samsung in the past was you lost some of the cool features of Samsung...No longer. I haven't seen one thing that I lost by switching to Nova.

Does the Nova launcher do anything to battery life?

sungjun0110

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Oh my god. I ordered mine on 4/16 and the order is still on HOLD!!!!!!
I called them twice already this week and was told that the order is clear and will be updated soon.
but no update has been made.
i called them again, and the order status should not be updated until Friday cuz the phone will not be officially launched until friday? wtf?
What about the phones already delivered and lying on owner's hands?
Even orders made on tuesday already shipped.
anyway they just told that my phone will be shipped tomorrow and will be delivered on monday. damnnnn i can't wait three more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken Huynh

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I called them twice already this week and was told that the order is clear and will be updated soon.
i called them again, and the order status should not be updated until Friday cuz the phone will not be officially launched until friday? wtf?
anyway they just told that my phone will be shipped tomorrow and will be delivered on monday. damnnnn i can't wait three more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cancel that order !!

Go get it tomorrow in store !!

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Actually at this point you might as well order from Best Buy for tomorrow pick up and save the $100 with a payment plan.

Sooner and cheaper!!

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Agreed. I wanted to take advantage of this but don't have a Best Buy near me anymore, and I don't have a mailing address at my new home of current record.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I got my phone last night and it is awesome! I'm still getting it set up with Samsung Pay and all that. So far so good. Now all I need is the 256GB Samsung Card if I'm chosen for the gift box. Muahahaha!

Liquid_Chaos87

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Ok, this is the second time I've pre-ordered a phone and I can't remember what I did last year...do you use the new SIM card the S8+ came with? Or switch them out?

Allure2323

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site

Which phone did you order? I know some are on backorder right now. some people have their orders on hold because they don't have any in stock and don't know when they will be in. (i.e. s8+ in grey and black are back ordered until the 26th)

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I used their launcher for 24 hours. Switched back to Nova, get more space for apps. Just the difference in space taken by the 3 dots indicating which home screen you are on is very noticeable.