05-04-2017 02:14 PM
957 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Can you imagine the cluster **** this would be for Samsung if we don't get our Samsung.com phones this week, after the note 7 debacle?
    Not as big as the note 7 debacle haha. As long as their stuff doesn't blow up they are happy
    04-17-2017 04:22 PM
    That is a big if at this point. However, do you think that it will matter to samsung? People already bought the phone after the note 7 issues. What would happen? People say I'm not ordering from samsung.com ever again. They would still get your money from a carrier or best buy. Are people going to not buy a samsung phone because they received it a week late? I find that hard to believe. People may be upset, but I can't see them not buying the device they wanted because of delayed shipping.
    I'm not sure how big an effect it would have, but you have to figure Samsung makes more money selling direct than through resellers. So it's still in Samsung's interest to make samsung.com more attractive than carrier sales.
    04-17-2017 04:22 PM
    Wow. I thought that everyone at least got an email.
    Not me. Called them and they apologized for no email confirmation and assured me everything was placed fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone order from Samsung directly?-2388.jpg  
    EMGSM and jdfry15 like this.
    04-17-2017 04:24 PM
    Today is the 17th. It should ship on 18th.
    I doubt it. I'll reference this post when in fact it ships on the 20th or 21st.
    04-17-2017 04:25 PM
    I'm confused what are people complaining about? The phone is supposed to arrive in 3 days
    bhatech likes this.
    04-17-2017 04:25 PM
    I'm confused what are people complaining about? The phone is supposed to arrive in 3 days
    People are just angry with being left in the dark I suppose. I know when I press order iPhones it's definitely a different experience. Apple has it down to a science imo
    04-17-2017 04:27 PM
    co.ag.2005 and bhatech like this.
    04-17-2017 04:28 PM
    If you ordered this morning you would still get it on the 20th.
    04-17-2017 04:28 PM
    People are just angry with being left in the dark I suppose. I know when I press order iPhones it's definitely a different experience. Apple has it down to a science imo
    You should be notified when your order is completed and when it ships.
    04-17-2017 04:29 PM
    If you ordered this morning you would still get it on the 20th.
    That's a pretty bold promise by Samsung. Don't think this applies to Samsung Canada
    04-17-2017 04:30 PM
    That's a pretty bold promise by Samsung. Don't think this applies to Samsung Canada
    It's not bold at all. Package it today and ship it tomorrow.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    04-17-2017 04:31 PM
    It's not bold at all. Package it today and ship it tomorrow.
    Ya but thinks go wrong all the time. How about if demand was greater than supply.
    04-17-2017 04:32 PM
    They would still get your money from a carrier or best buy.
    True, but it would be less than they'd get if people bought from them directly.

I agree with the sentiment that nobody at Samsung would care though.

Blues Fan, you just need to figure out how to frame your plight to tug at SJW heartstrings and before you know it, Samsung would hand-deliver us all new phones straight from the factory by a guy in a tuxedo wearing a "Bixby" nametag.
    jdfry15 and jma78b like this.
    04-17-2017 04:34 PM
    I also think that the frustration is surrounding the fact that they plainly state on the site that if ordered direct we would receive the phones first. At the end of the day it is about Samsung managing expectations and as it stands right now, they have not done a stellar job of doing so. If they are gonna make a claim of that nature, they should be prepared to make it a reality. Now I fully acknowledge that this is not life or death or anything serious, but when it comes to the market of consumer electronics, people that pre-order are generally the ones that will be antsy for the phone and also the ones that will convince other "non-enthusiasts" to purchase the device. To me it would make sense that they do what they can to stay true to the promises they make on their website.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    04-17-2017 04:35 PM
    Not me. Called them and they apologized for no email confirmation and assured me everything was placed fine.
    Sounds good.
    04-17-2017 04:43 PM
    I also think that the frustration is surrounding the fact that they plainly state on the site that if ordered direct we would receive the phones first. At the end of the day it is about Samsung managing expectations and as it stands right now, they have not done a stellar job of doing so. If they are gonna make a claim of that nature, they should be prepared to make it a reality. Now I fully acknowledge that this is not life or death or anything serious, but when it comes to the market of consumer electronics, people that pre-order are generally the ones that will be antsy for the phone and also the ones that will convince other "non-enthusiasts" to purchase the device. To me it would make sense that they do what they can to stay true to the promises they make on their website.
    Imagine if the demand is greater and they don't process the orders in which they were received and us who ordered on 3/31 get backordered while ones who order today get theirs on time.
    04-17-2017 04:44 PM
    They plainly stated on the website that be the first to receive before anyone gets in store not first to receive compared to carrier pre orders or pre orders from other place. Their main message is get the phone before it's available for public to buy in stores. Come 20th and we don't have our phones then yes I'll also be out with pitch forks.
    04-17-2017 04:46 PM
    They plainly stated on the website that be the first to receive before anyone gets in store not first to receive compared to carrier pre orders or pre orders from other place. Their main message is get the phone before it's available for public to buy in stores. Come 20th and we don't have our phones then yes I'll also be out with pitch forks.
    I agree. If we don't have it on the 20th then I will be irritated. The only thing I have seen on their website was have the phone by the 20th.
    bhatech likes this.
    04-17-2017 04:51 PM
    Imagine if the demand is greater and they don't process the orders in which they were received and us who ordered on 3/31 get backordered while ones who order today get theirs on time.
    I never saw that on their site.
    04-17-2017 05:01 PM
    I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's just impatience. You're right though.
    04-17-2017 05:30 PM
    Should get an email tomorrow, saying they've shipped. I've had items ship before across the country and be at my home in less than 24 hours before though.
    04-17-2017 05:41 PM
    Should get an email tomorrow, saying they've shipped. I've had items ship before across the country and be at my home in less than 24 hours before though.
    Samsung is using 2 day shipping so you won't get it in one day.
    04-17-2017 05:44 PM
    This is probably a stupid question but if I ordered the S8+ direct from Samsung.com on T-mobile carrier, will it come locked to TMo? I assume so otherwise it wouldn't have asked me which carrier I wanted it on.

I'm in the USA but i'm from the UK and i'm used to buying unlocked phones direct from the manufacturer back there.
    04-17-2017 06:03 PM
    This is probably a stupid question but if I ordered the S8+ direct from Samsung.com on T-mobile carrier, will it come locked to TMo? I assume so otherwise it wouldn't have asked me which carrier I wanted it on.

I'm in the USA but i'm from the UK and i'm used to buying unlocked phones direct from the manufacturer back there.
    Yes it'll be locked to TMobile and good luck getting that sim unlocked. You will get the run around between Samsung and T-Mobile.
    04-17-2017 06:31 PM
    Yes it'll be locked to TMobile and good luck getting that sim unlocked. You will get the run around between Samsung and T-Mobile.
    Damn, thanks for the confirmation. Now to work out how the hell i'm going to get it unlocked...
    04-17-2017 06:34 PM
957 ... 910111213 ...