05-04-2017 02:14 PM
957 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    After the Note 7 debacle you would think Samsung would have made sure everything went right with this launch. But sadly it doesn't look like that is going to happen !!!
    04-19-2017 09:48 AM
    Where do you get this tag?
    No idea if it'll even work but I think we at least need tracking number on it for them to leave it 🤦🏼*♂️

https://techblog.willshouse.com/2013...edex-door-tag/
    thehoz likes this.
    For me it's not the shipping it's the lack of info. If i ad tracking and it says delivering Friday I can plan myself. These phones will have to be signed for. I can't have someone waiting on it without knowing when it's coming. That's the problem. I have never ordered anything without having tracking 24hrs from expected delivery.
    I hate the lack of info. Twice before I went from no info to "out for delivery". Early this morning it happened again for the 3rd time.
    Mine is scheduled for tomorrow still. It arrived in Memphis this morning. Just odd they ship it from Indy then all the way to Memphis and then down to Florida. I was hoping it would have came straight to Florida after Indy and I'd somehow get it today.

This really stinks though for people. I suspected many wouldn't get it until next Monday or Tue. Sounds like something to do with that bundle that comes with the earphones.

Next time I will order from Tmobile and pay the extra $25 though. Plus I think the demand was greater and Digital River wasn't ready for it.
    04-19-2017 09:53 AM
    Next time order from a carrier and pay for it full price. Samsung will always make sure the carriers get the phones first to keep them happy since the minority will be like you and purchase from Samsung direct at full price. The amount of money Samsung receives from carrier subsidies is to much to risk making its customers unhappy. They will deal with the 50-60k unhappy people who probably ordered from them directly and get the phone 2-3 days later.
    04-19-2017 09:56 AM
    It seems that they may be sending all of it at once. And I'm starting to think that those that got the $99 bundle are being delayed for some reason or another. There is a guy on the offical preorder thread that ordered on the 13th like I did and his was shipped yesterday with just the VR.
    I believe you are right.
    04-19-2017 09:58 AM
    Next time order from a carrier and pay for it full price. Samsung will always make sure the carriers get the phones first to keep them happy since the minority will be like you and purchase from Samsung direct at full price. The amount of money Samsung receives from carrier subsidies is to much to risk making its customers unhappy. They will deal with the 50-60k unhappy people who probably ordered from them directly and get the phone 2-3 days later.
    That would make sense if the phone was sold out. The phone isn't sold out v
    04-19-2017 10:01 AM
    Just got a call from Fedex saying my package will be here tomorrow (already knew cause I've been tracking it) Hopefully I get it in the morning but usually around noon they stop by.
    04-19-2017 10:09 AM
    Just got a call from Fedex saying my package will be here tomorrow (already knew cause I've been tracking it) Hopefully I get it in the morning but usually around noon they stop by.
    When did you order?
    04-19-2017 10:20 AM
    But Samsung should not have posted that if you order before the 17th they guarantee delivery by the 20th. Why get customers upset if it wasn't possible. I think that's just plain stupid on Samsung's part
    04-19-2017 10:23 AM
    When did you order?
    The first day pre ordering started.
    04-19-2017 10:39 AM
    But Samsung should not have posted that if you order before the 17th they guarantee delivery by the 20th. Why get customers upset if it wasn't possible. I think that's just plain stupid on Samsung's part
    To add insult to injury nobody can tell you when you will get your order. Nobody.
    jma78b likes this.
    04-19-2017 10:47 AM
    I know its a long shot, but has anyone contacted BrightPoint or Digital River? Maybe they have more info than Samsung
    04-19-2017 10:54 AM
    I know its a long shot, but has anyone contacted BrightPoint or Digital River? Maybe they have more info than Samsung
    I did email the digital river email address associated with my paypal payment authorization. So we'll see if they reply. I doubt it.
    Hamboningfreddy likes this.
    04-19-2017 10:56 AM
    Yesterday i sent an email to Samsung about my order (just for fun), this was the response.

"Thank you for contacting Samsung Direct.
    Thank you for considering the Samsung brand. I understand you are concerned about your order. It has been confirmed that the mobile devices are packaged and ready for shipment. Samsung is working hard to ship out the products as quickly as possible. You will be receiving an email notification with your tracking number very soon. I do want to inform you that a signature is required for the delivery of the mobile device so please make arrangements for someone to sign for your package. Again, thank you for considering the Samsung brand.
    Ashley"
    04-19-2017 11:10 AM
    Yesterday i sent an email to Samsung about my order (just for fun), this was the response.

"Thank you for contacting Samsung Direct.
    Thank you for considering the Samsung brand. I understand you are concerned about your order. It has been confirmed that the mobile devices are packaged and ready for shipment. Samsung is working hard to ship out the products as quickly as possible. You will be receiving an email notification with your tracking number very soon. I do want to inform you that a signature is required for the delivery of the mobile device so please make arrangements for someone to sign for your package. Again, thank you for considering the Samsung brand.
    Ashley"
    I decided to do a live chat today to see if they could shed some light on the status of my order. We go through the whole process about the pre order and my displeasure with the lack of updates or any information for that matter. She then proceeds to tell me that the live chat is for technical issues and that they have a dedicated number for pre-order questions. I wish she would have told me that when I said I have a question about my preorder. And not, oh I can certainly help you with that. SMH
    ol_jackburton likes this.
    04-19-2017 11:13 AM
    Mine is scheduled for tomorrow still. It arrived in Memphis this morning. Just odd they ship it from Indy then all the way to Memphis and then down to Florida. I was hoping it would have came straight to Florida after Indy and I'd somehow get it today.

This really stinks though for people. I suspected many wouldn't get it until next Monday or Tue. Sounds like something to do with that bundle that comes with the earphones.

Next time I will order from Tmobile and pay the extra $25 though. Plus I think the demand was greater and Digital River wasn't ready for it.
    Memphis is the FedEx hub for the southeast IIRC

It is really funny when an item goes From Tampa to Memphis and back to Miami...LOL
    04-19-2017 11:13 AM
    Memphis is the FedEx hub for the southeast IIRC

It is really funny when an item goes From Tampa to Memphis and back to Miami...LOL
    Isn't that their HQ too? I know when I lived in St. Louis just about everything made a stop in Memphis, but Memphis isn't that far from St. Louis.

When I use UPS it seems like their isn't nearly as many goofy stops like that.
    04-19-2017 11:16 AM
    12 noon on the day before expected delivery and no tracking. This has never ever happened to me before.
    04-19-2017 11:16 AM
    12 noon on the day before expected delivery and no tracking. This has never ever happened to me before.
    Exact same here...nothing at all...Really not holding up any hope that the phone will get delivered tomorrow!
    04-19-2017 11:20 AM
    Got my email. Delivery expected tomorrow before 8pm.
    04-19-2017 11:27 AM
    What was your order date?
    04-19-2017 11:28 AM
    When did you order? Did you get the bundle package?
    04-19-2017 11:28 AM
    What was your order date?
    Ordered April 2nd. Did not get the $99 bundle.
    04-19-2017 11:31 AM
    She then proceeds to tell me that the live chat is for technical issues and that they have a dedicated number for pre-order questions.
    Care to share that dedicated pre-order number?
    04-19-2017 11:33 AM
957 ... 2021222324 ...