05-04-2017 02:14 PM
957 ... 3031323334 ...
tools
    finally
    04-20-2017 12:54 PM
    congrats! I got the immersive bundle too. My package is on the truck for delivery today. I'm most excited for those BT AKG headphones. Let me know how they sound if you get a spare minute
    04-20-2017 12:59 PM
    I already got a 256gb memory card. I just got the package bc it was a good deal and I can probably make money on it.

All I want is the phone.
    And if you purchased the phone from Best Buy, or Sams or TMobile or whoever other than Samsung you likely would not get the package to make money on. Additionally you would have had to sign up for the package from Samsung promotions and sit at home and wait for the package to be delivered.
    04-20-2017 01:02 PM
    And, then you would have to order a gear VR from Samsung Promotions (limited to 450,000). And then you would hope and pray to possibly be allowed to order the Immersive package (limited to 50,000). Then you would have to sit around and wait for Fed-ex to come and deliver that package. Sounds like a good plan.
    And of course, the free VR offer was for pre-orders and that offer ends today.
    04-20-2017 01:02 PM
    Ooh, Samsung just sent me a $50 gift certificate for missing the shipping date.
    jma78b and bhatech like this.
    04-20-2017 01:08 PM
    Awesome! Did you have to do anything to prompt that action on their part?
    04-20-2017 01:09 PM
    I did send an email last night, but have not received a direct response to that yet. Otherwise, I haven't called or anything.

ETA: Ordered on 3/30. Nothing shows up yet in Fedex Delivery Manager or reference search.
    04-20-2017 01:10 PM
    Just got this as well!

I didn't. I haven't contacted them at all about the order yet.
    04-20-2017 01:11 PM
    Just got the email that they are experiencing delays and it will be delivered tomorrow

Got a $50 gift certificate to the Samsung store for the trouble.
    04-20-2017 01:12 PM
    Hrm, I didn't get this. Maybe it means despite the FedEx tracking info I will still get it today.
    04-20-2017 01:19 PM
    Well, I have the two labels also (2lbs and 7lbs) but I also just got the $50 certificate. Too bad it won't be here today, but I appreciate all the freebies (also, I can't complain since I got the $650 price mistake).

I thought the person was joking that said Samsung uses a 'stack' instead of a 'queue' to handle orders, but there's a lot of 3/30 orders that haven't been shipped.

Edit: Just read (on reddit) that the explanation for the two labels is that the shipping deadline was missed so the devices were repacked with "compensation." 2nd label is 'real' label. Not sure if this 'compensation' was just the $50 certificate.
    04-20-2017 01:30 PM
    Well, I have the two labels also (2lbs and 7lbs) but I also just got the $50 certificate. Too bad it won't be here today, but I appreciate all the freebies (also, I can't complain since I got the $650 price mistake).

I thought the person was joking that said Samsung uses a 'stack' instead of a 'queue' to handle orders, but there's a lot of 3/30 orders that haven't been shipped.
    I can't imagine any scenario why you would want to ship out the orders placed last first, and the orders placed first last.
    04-20-2017 01:42 PM
    I can't imagine any scenario why you would want to ship out the orders placed last first, and the orders placed first last.
    Doesn't make sense.
    04-20-2017 02:05 PM
    I ordered on 4/17 after 2pm and got notifications today saying that my phone and vr set will be delivered tomorrow so.....can't complain about that considering I preordered late.
    04-20-2017 02:14 PM
    No, definitely doesn't make sense. If true, maybe a programming mistake in fulfillment. Clearly, some people who ordered after 3/30 already have their phones, while 'day 1' folks are still waiting.
    04-20-2017 02:18 PM
    I was definitely joking. There have been a few day 1 orders that have received their phones, or will shortly, IIRC.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason behind whose order gets filled when. I would love to know how their system works or is supposed to work.
    04-20-2017 02:44 PM
    I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to it besides the fact they screwed up, trying to ship them last minute.
    04-20-2017 02:46 PM
    I'm one of those that have 2 labels. 1 was created last night around 730pm with no movement, the second one was created at 7am this morning. I just received a text and a phone call from fedex that the package will be delivered tomorrow. It was picked up at 11am.

Also received an email from samsung that it's been shipped and website shows shipped as well.
    Maybe that 1st label was lost or damaged when printed. I know at work we can create a label, but if it is torn we will make a new one sometimes with a new tracking number. The old one gets thrown out and never gets charged or tracked.
    04-20-2017 03:13 PM
    I checked delivery with the FedEx app using my address. Two separate packages are headed to my house, one that's supposed to come today is 2 lbs, and the one tomorrow is 7. They were supposed to send one phone to my house and another to my sister's. I can't imagine what coming from them weighs 7 lbs, I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

I never received a confirmation email or shipping info.
    04-20-2017 03:21 PM
    I just got notice from FedEx it will be delivered tomorrow. No notice from Samsung. No apology or indication I will be getting a voucher. smh.
    04-20-2017 03:23 PM
    I checked delivery with the FedEx app using my address. Two separate packages are headed to my house, one that's supposed to come today is 2 lbs, and the one tomorrow is 7. They were supposed to send one phone to my house and another to my sister's. I can't imagine what coming from them weighs 7 lbs, I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

I never received a confirmation email or shipping info.
    Maybe one box is Pampers..... LOL :P

Sorry inside joke from another thread.
    SNichelle likes this.
    04-20-2017 03:27 PM
    So the first contact I get from Samsung since the order confirmation on 3/31 is an email wanting me to rate the support that I received concerning my email that I sent earlier are you kidding me they haven't even responded to the dam email yet
    04-20-2017 03:33 PM
    Just refreshed my Delivery Manager. Mine was picked up from Indianapolis at 4:01pm, and it's now showing 4/21 delivery as well. No word from Samsung yet re: gift certificate.
    04-20-2017 03:34 PM
    With Samsung.com, I can see the PREORDER status, but if I click on the link that says "Can't find your order? Please click here >" I'm told I don't have any orders. I don't have any FedEx activity and the pending charges on my debit card disappeared this morning, likely they expired since it has been a week and they haven't taken the money. They haven't acknowledged my order is being processed or if it has shipped, I've just been told by one person on phone that everyone will get their phones by 4/20, but a different time I called the CSR said they couldn't say I was going to have it by the 20th, and they also couldn't say I wouldn't get it after the 21st. It was strange.
    I'm in the New England area, has anyone had zero activity on the Samsung website but received their packages yet? I don't care when I get the phone, I just want to know that Samsung hasn't lost my order somewhere along the way.
    04-20-2017 03:43 PM
    Just refreshed my Delivery Manager. Mine was picked up from Indianapolis at 4:01pm, and it's now showing 4/21 delivery as well. No word from Samsung yet re: gift certificate.
    Same happened here. It appears that Samsung or FedEx could improve on a few things. In the grand scheme of things, this is a minor letdown. Will it cause me to second guess using Samsung.com to purchase something in the future? Absolutely. Will it ruin my day or cause me to lose any sleep? Absolutely not. We'll chalk this up as a lesson learned. Best of luck to everyone still holding out hope for delivery today and those of us taking delivery tomorrow with radio silence from Samsung.
    04-20-2017 03:44 PM
957 ... 3031323334 ...