Anyone order from Samsung directly?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I just got updated shipping info too for package that is .9 lbs. I wonder if it's the VR gear or something else or the phone. It wouldn't make sense to ship the VR or other bonus items a week early. What good would it do us without the phone, plus wouldn't it be cheaper to ship them at the same time?

Well I just got an email with updated tracking and the actual package has now been picked up tonight and for scheduled delivery on fri, .9 lbs. Don't know if this is the VR set or the phone.

Date/Time
Activity

4/12/2017 - Wednesday
6:20 pm
Arrived at FedEx location

INDIANAPOLIS, IN

1:51 am
Picked up

ZIONSVILLE, IN

4/11/2017 - Tuesday
2:42 pm
Shipment information sent to FedEx

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I ordered the Verizon model, using PayPal Credit. Should I be concerned that I haven't been charged yet?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the Verizon model, using PayPal Credit. Should I be concerned that I haven't been charged yet?
Did you call them and verify everything is fine on your order? My first PayPal credit order had issues so had to cancel it, next time just used regular PayPal with the standard pay anytime within 6 months offer and money was charged to my PayPal account immediately and also got email from PayPal and confirmation email from Samsung.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I just got updated shipping info too for package that is .9 lbs. I wonder if it's the VR gear or something else or the phone. It wouldn't make sense to ship the VR or other bonus items a week early. What good would it do us without the phone, plus wouldn't it be cheaper to ship them at the same time?

Well I just got an email with updated tracking and the actual package has now been picked up tonight and for scheduled delivery on fri, .9 lbs. Don't know if this is the VR set or the phone.

Date/Time
Activity

4/12/2017 - Wednesday
6:20 pm
Arrived at FedEx location

INDIANAPOLIS, IN

1:51 am
Picked up

ZIONSVILLE, IN

4/11/2017 - Tuesday
2:42 pm
Shipment information sent to FedEx

Ya. Receiving a gear VR with no phone to put inside would be pointless.
They should send us note 7 victims the phone early. Least they can do for me as a customer to trust them again bring an early adopter lol

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Ya. Receiving a gear VR with no phone to put inside would be pointless.
They should send us note 7 victims the phone early. Least they can do for me as a customer to trust them again bring an early adopter lol

i had the note 7 , kept the replacement one until the end of January when verizon shut me off. not sure about you but i am no victim. all things being equal samsung treated me well.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
same as others posting. pre-ordered from Samsung.com on 3/30. Black S8 and $99 bundle.

0.8lb package incoming. Maybe the "free gift" or bundle? I seriously doubt it's the phone. But hey, I can maybe play with the BT headphones early :)

Scheduled delivery:
Fri 4/14/2017 by end of day

Travel History Hide Help
Date/Time

4/12/2017 - Wednesday
6:04 pm Arrived at FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN
1:51 am Picked up ZIONSVILLE, IN
4/11/2017 - Tuesday
2:42 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
My PayPal account was just charged, so it looks like we are close to these devices getting shipped
My PayPal credit charge just changed from Authorized to Payment. It actually separated into $99+tax for the Immersive Bundle and $650+tax for the S8.

Things are definitely happening.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I think its the phone that's being delivered. What could possibly weigh 0.8 lbs? I have 2 deliveries on my Samsung order page. 1 delivery is the phone and the 2nd delivery is the Fully immersive Gear VR experience which I know weighs more than 0.8 lbs

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
I ordered from Samsung and got a confirmation email almost immediately. Did they start shipping phones? I got a package being delivered by fed ex Friday and there's nothing else it could be.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
That doesn't make sense. I mean this isn't the iPhone 7. I also doubt they will run out of stock like Apple does. One good thing about Samsung is generally they produce enough devices to go around. I sometimes think Apple does that on purpose.

They do. Just like Nintendo.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking no. My Samsung account still has the cancel button.

I don't think the package arriving Friday is the phone or the VR. It's something else.
It's already been posted in a couple of threads and one thread even had a picture. It is some type of passive speaker gizmo, it's NOT a phone.

A couple of people have already received it and they posted the pictures.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
It's already been posted in a couple of threads and one thread even had a picture. It is some type of passive speaker gizmo, it's NOT a phone.

A couple of people have already received it and they posted the pictures.
Yep but some of those have different shipping weights and different purchase order numbers. So it may be that out could be something else. I'll know on Friday.

Mkeditor

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I paid top dollar for the Unlocked S7 Edge I bought directly from Samsung so I wouldn't have bloatware and receive updates directly from Samsung. Those of us who paid the highest price have been left behind. We're all still on 6.0.1. It'll be a very long time before I buy directly from Samsung again.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I paid top dollar for the Unlocked S7 Edge I bought directly from Samsung so I wouldn't have bloatware and receive updates directly from Samsung. Those of us who paid the highest price have been left behind. We're all still on 6.0.1. It'll be a very long time before I buy directly from Samsung again.
Nobody here bought unlocked because it's not available yet. These are all carrier versions of the phone, just purchased directly from Samsung.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
That doesn't make sense. I mean this isn't the iPhone 7. I also doubt they will run out of stock like Apple does. One good thing about Samsung is generally they produce enough devices to go around. I sometimes think Apple does that on purpose.

I've read articles where people were thinking the same thing about apple. Just think, if they only made 5,000 iPhones at a time (I know they make more) they would always sell out. This will look like they have a hot item and make people think it's so popular they are selling out fast. But in reality they started out low in order to test the waters seeing how many would buy and now they can't meet demand. Not hating on Apple though I own a couple phones (the latest being the 7+) just saying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol