Anyone order from Samsung directly?

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Does Samsung still charge a 15% restocking fee if for example you ordered an S8 then decided later you wanted the s8 plus? If so, you need to be absolutely positive on which model to get right off the bat.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Does Samsung still charge a 15% restocking fee if for example you ordered an S8 then decided later you wanted the s8 plus? If so, you need to be absolutely positive on which model to get right off the bat.
Yes that's the disadvantage of getting it from Samsung.com

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
FedEx just tried to deliver something yesterday. I ordered on the 31st, so I don't know if I qualify for the free gift... Wonder what it is.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Nice... I'm not expecting this free gift since I placed the order on April 11. My original order of March 30 had PayPal issues and had to cancel it. But you never know it may show up later in the week or next week.

I ordered on April 4th and I doubt I'll be getting any free gift they should give an automatic free gift to Note 7 purchases from Samsung directly

thehoz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the s8 on March 31, cancelled and ordered the s8 plus on April 2.

I received the promo item today from Fedex. Had to sign for it too. It's a dock with essentially an extension usb-c cable built in to a passive megaphone style speaker. So, you would plug your usb-c cable into the back and push your phone onto the stand to charge it and listen to the phone through the bottom firing speaker. My Nexus 6p fits into it just fine. However, the speakers are front firing, so I can't, obviously, hear what it sounds like. I imagine Bose like sound reproduction.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I just got my speakers from Fed Ex as well. Looks like cheap crap. Oh well now onto waiting next week for the phone. Would best buy give a buck for these speakers to trade in lol?

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I just got my speakers from Fed Ex as well. Looks like cheap crap. Oh well now onto waiting next week for the phone. Would best buy give a buck for these speakers to trade in lol?

might be able to sell for $5 on craiglist or ebay... may not be worth the hassle, though ;)

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I ordered s8+ with extended Gear VR bundle last night. I received the email saying that the order is confirmed and I will be notified when it ships but logging into my Samsung.com account shows no orders at all.

Anyone else get this? Is this normal?

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I ordered s8+ with extended Gear VR bundle last night. I received the email saying that the order is confirmed and I will be notified when it ships but logging into my Samsung.com account shows no orders at all.

Anyone else get this? Is this normal?

I ordered on 3.30. I got my email confirmation immediately but my order didn't show up on Samsung.com for almost 2 days.