Anyone order from Samsung directly?

Dberndt210

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Should I cancel my samsung.com order and order from Tmobile?

I'm hearing that it might not be until the 20th or 21st before we get tracking info. I ordered the first day ordering started and still no tracking yet. If we don't have it by tomorrow would I be better off canceling and ordering from Tmobile?

This is unacceptable on their website they say delivery by 4/20 and might not even ship until the 20th or 21st and get it next week.

I'm not sure why you would cancel at this point. You'd be better off going into the store on release day if you were going to do that.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I'm not sure why you would cancel at this point. You'd be better off going into the store on release day if you were going to do that.

Only problem is I only have one tmobile in my county and they always run low and stock and have to play phone tag with them every day to find out what time UPS stops by. The other stores are 30 miles away.

keno101

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site

I'm hearing that it might not be until the 20th or 21st before we get tracking info. I ordered the first day ordering started and still no tracking yet. If we don't have it by tomorrow would I be better off canceling and ordering from Tmobile?

This is unacceptable on their website they say delivery by 4/20 and might not even ship until the 20th or 21st and get it next week.
Yea don't cancel. Probably should just ride it out. After the note 7 craziness i was hoping you'd learned you relax a bit. It'll come just be patient.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Yea don't cancel. Probably should just ride it out. After the note 7 craziness i was hoping you'd learned you relax a bit. It'll come just be patient.

I guess it's too much to ask to be told something and have a major consumer electronics company to follow through with it. This is why we freakout. Because we come to expect run arounds and zero communication.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Guys. They are waiting til 12pm EDT and then they will be going out, probably tomorrow.

Anyone who orders after that time will probably have to wait til the 28th.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I guess it's too much to ask to be told something and have a major consumer electronics company to follow through with it. This is why we freakout. Because we come to expect run arounds and zero communication.

I wouldn't say they're giving you the run around. It is only Monday and there are times I have ordered stuff in the afternoon and got it next day from Amazon so it is possible to ship out. If it was Thursday and you had no word I could see your point but not on Monday when the release date is Friday.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Here you go Blues you were doing great till now... Why freak out now? Relax you will get your Samsung.com order by 20th. Don't fall into the some one called some customer service​ rep and got the info etc.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Can you imagine the cluster this would be for Samsung if we don't get our Samsung.com phones this week, after the note 7 debacle?

Last edited by a moderator:

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Today is the 17th. It should ship on 18th.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Can you imagine the cluster **** this would be for Samsung if we don't get our Samsung.com phones this week, after the note 7 debacle?

That is a big if at this point. However, do you think that it will matter to samsung? People already bought the phone after the note 7 issues. What would happen? People say I'm not ordering from samsung.com ever again. They would still get your money from a carrier or best buy. Are people going to not buy a samsung phone because they received it a week late? I find that hard to believe. People may be upset, but I can't see them not buying the device they wanted because of delayed shipping.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Can you imagine the cluster **** this would be for Samsung if we don't get our Samsung.com phones this week, after the note 7 debacle?

Not as big as the note 7 debacle haha. As long as their stuff doesn't blow up they are happy

Last edited by a moderator:

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
That is a big if at this point. However, do you think that it will matter to samsung? People already bought the phone after the note 7 issues. What would happen? People say I'm not ordering from samsung.com ever again. They would still get your money from a carrier or best buy. Are people going to not buy a samsung phone because they received it a week late? I find that hard to believe. People may be upset, but I can't see them not buying the device they wanted because of delayed shipping.

I'm not sure how big an effect it would have, but you have to figure Samsung makes more money selling direct than through resellers. So it's still in Samsung's interest to make samsung.com more attractive than carrier sales.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused what are people complaining about? The phone is supposed to arrive in 3 days

People are just angry with being left in the dark I suppose. I know when I press order iPhones it's definitely a different experience. Apple has it down to a science imo

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
98a9252d13ecf8d2ef63799500fd36d7.jpg