Anyone order from Samsung directly?

Rumline

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
They would still get your money from a carrier or best buy.
True, but it would be less than they'd get if people bought from them directly.

I agree with the sentiment that nobody at Samsung would care though.

Blues Fan, you just need to figure out how to frame your plight to tug at SJW heartstrings and before you know it, Samsung would hand-deliver us all new phones straight from the factory by a guy in a tuxedo wearing a "Bixby" nametag.

airkorea08

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I also think that the frustration is surrounding the fact that they plainly state on the site that if ordered direct we would receive the phones first. At the end of the day it is about Samsung managing expectations and as it stands right now, they have not done a stellar job of doing so. If they are gonna make a claim of that nature, they should be prepared to make it a reality. Now I fully acknowledge that this is not life or death or anything serious, but when it comes to the market of consumer electronics, people that pre-order are generally the ones that will be antsy for the phone and also the ones that will convince other "non-enthusiasts" to purchase the device. To me it would make sense that they do what they can to stay true to the promises they make on their website.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I also think that the frustration is surrounding the fact that they plainly state on the site that if ordered direct we would receive the phones first. At the end of the day it is about Samsung managing expectations and as it stands right now, they have not done a stellar job of doing so. If they are gonna make a claim of that nature, they should be prepared to make it a reality. Now I fully acknowledge that this is not life or death or anything serious, but when it comes to the market of consumer electronics, people that pre-order are generally the ones that will be antsy for the phone and also the ones that will convince other "non-enthusiasts" to purchase the device. To me it would make sense that they do what they can to stay true to the promises they make on their website.

Imagine if the demand is greater and they don't process the orders in which they were received and us who ordered on 3/31 get backordered while ones who order today get theirs on time.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
They plainly stated on the website that be the first to receive before anyone gets in store not first to receive compared to carrier pre orders or pre orders from other place. Their main message is get the phone before it's available for public to buy in stores. Come 20th and we don't have our phones then yes I'll also be out with pitch forks.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
They plainly stated on the website that be the first to receive before anyone gets in store not first to receive compared to carrier pre orders or pre orders from other place. Their main message is get the phone before it's available for public to buy in stores. Come 20th and we don't have our phones then yes I'll also be out with pitch forks.

I agree. If we don't have it on the 20th then I will be irritated. The only thing I have seen on their website was have the phone by the 20th.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Should get an email tomorrow, saying they've shipped. I've had items ship before across the country and be at my home in less than 24 hours before though.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This is probably a stupid question but if I ordered the S8+ direct from Samsung.com on T-mobile carrier, will it come locked to TMo? I assume so otherwise it wouldn't have asked me which carrier I wanted it on.

I'm in the USA but i'm from the UK and i'm used to buying unlocked phones direct from the manufacturer back there.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
This is probably a stupid question but if I ordered the S8+ direct from Samsung.com on T-mobile carrier, will it come locked to TMo? I assume so otherwise it wouldn't have asked me which carrier I wanted it on.

I'm in the USA but i'm from the UK and i'm used to buying unlocked phones direct from the manufacturer back there.
Yes it'll be locked to TMobile and good luck getting that sim unlocked. You will get the run around between Samsung and T-Mobile.

sta1

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Just received my shipment notification from Samsung.co. I checked the tracking number and the scheduled delivery date is showing as pending.......
Samsung S8+ Shipping confirmation.jpg

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site

I needed unlocked too so I ordered the Verizon one as it comes unlocked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12